Profile for Ms E Somerset > Reviews

Content by Ms E Somerset

Ms E Somerset

Page: 1 | 2
The Atopia Chronicles (Atopia Series Book 1)
The Atopia Chronicles (Atopia Series Book 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 18 Oct 2014
Really disappointed with this, so hard to get into, confusing chapters jumping around in time and from different characters' points of view, and far too much jargon and gobbledegook. I gave up about half way through which is very unusual. I usually enjoy this genre, and have read many other similar authors but this wasn't for me at all.

H&S® 6" x 4" 200 Photos Large PU Leather Slip in Photo Album Brown Vintage Memo Book
Offered by H&S Alliance UK Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality product reasonable price, 17 Sep 2014
I ordered five of these over the last couple of weeks and have just bought two more. They look good stored on the shelf, and take up less room than other albums while still holding 200 photos. The paper is good quality and there is sufficient space to write details next to each photo. I would have given the product five stars, but a few pages have a small split across the top of the pocket, which while is not a problem now, may become so if the split lengthens over time. I also failed to register that the album is stamped "Best wishes for you" - totally my mistake as it states this quite clearly in the description. As the albums are for my own use it's not an issue, however take note in case this isn't appropriate for your intended purpose. A quality product at a reasonable price. I will continue to order more as I need them.

Bulk Hardware 16mm Chair Floor Protector Ferrule - Black (Pack of 8)
Bulk Hardware 16mm Chair Floor Protector Ferrule - Black (Pack of 8)

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent start now less impressed, 23 Jun 2014
I bought these to protect my kitchen floor from new dining chairs. They are billed as hard wearing. At first they fitted well, looked fine and did the job. I was very pleased. Now only two months down the line the bottoms are beginning to split so I am rotating the less used chairs with those which get heavier wear. I may end up having to buy further protectors very shortly, so while the initial outlay wasn't huge this issue may well become irritating and time consuming. I will be searching for more robust ferrules. So will give this item 2.5 stars since they did the job initially but are no long term solution.

Chasing Shadows
Chasing Shadows

4.0 out of 5 stars Frankie McGowan is new find for me, 23 Jun 2014
This review is from: Chasing Shadows (Kindle Edition)
I've come only recently to Frankie McGowan books and have now read all those available on Kindle. Well written, good storylines, plots, and characterisation. I have enjoyed them all so far and would definitely recommend to anyone looking for something with a bit more than the standard contemporary chic lit fiction.

The Lost World of Bletchley Park: The Illustrated History of the Wartime Codebreaking Centre
by Sinclair McKay

5.0 out of 5 stars Great present, 26 Jan 2014
I bought this as a Christmas present for my father. He started reading it over the holidays and has really enjoyed it. Well written, great photos. A good choice.

Piranha PC12g Stylish 4 Shelf Graphite Black Bookcase to match our Range of Office Furniture
Offered by Piranha Trading Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylist and affordable, 26 Jan 2014
I bought this bookcase for my new kitchen, which is black and white, as a temporary measure until I am able to get a custom made unit built. However as I like it so much, I may transfer it to the office and get the matching desk. Better quality than the price and picture suggests. Pleasantly surprised.

Moranthology
Moranthology

5.0 out of 5 stars Really readable, 22 Aug 2013
This review is from: Moranthology (Kindle Edition)
If you like Caitlin Moran you'll enjoy this. Great if you missed any of her columns in The Times, or you want to be reminded of what clever writing looks like. If you've never read any of her work, do give this a go. An opinion on everyone and everything. Probably something I'll go back to and dip in and out of again.

Life After Life
Life After Life

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful return to form, 22 Aug 2013
This review is from: Life After Life (Kindle Edition)
Just loved this. Behind the Scenes at the Museum has been my favourite Kate Atkinson to date and this had echoes of that novel, the humour, the interesting characters, the wry observations. Fascinating concept kept me gripped until the end. Can't recommend highly enough.

Farewell Summer
Farewell Summer
by Helen Hooven Santmyer

1.0 out of 5 stars Just terrible, avoid it., 22 Aug 2013
This review is from: Farewell Summer (Paperback)
Really loved And Ladies of the Club but this feels like it's written by a completely different author. Saccharine sweet, and almost unreadable in parts. The worst kind of Southern literature.

Beauty Tools by beautyblender Classic Duo Set
Beauty Tools by beautyblender Classic Duo Set
Offered by Live Salon

4.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely does what it says on the tin, 22 Aug 2013
Read about this in The Times beauty magazine and decided to give it a go. It really does create a very natural, long lasting finish to applying liquid foundation. I thought it was quite expensive, there may be other similar products around which do the same job at less cost, but I am pleased with the result and would recommend to others.

Page: 1 | 2