Profile for Ms Leafy-Green > Reviews

Ms Leafy-Green (UK)

Les Miserables - The 25th Anniversary in Concert at the O2 [DVD]
Les Miserables - The 25th Anniversary in Concert at the O2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Alfie Boe
Offered by Quality Media Supplies Ltd.
Price: 11.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic night, but Nick Jonas was a failure..., 27 Nov 2010
The concert was immense - a huge cast, a huge orchestra, and fantastic leads to make the anniversary truly spectacular! However...what on Earth was Mackintosh thinking when he cast Nick Jonas as Marius??? He could not hold a note if his life depended on it and 'Empty Chairs at Empty Tables' was just embarrassing to watch. To be honest Gareth Gates was far better than this tween icon of a pop-star! But don't let his poor performance sway you, for it truly was an incredible night and Alfie Boe especially was amazing, buy it and consider Nick's solo as the time to get yourself a drink and biscuits.

Toy Story 3 (2-Disc Blu-ray + DVD)
Toy Story 3 (2-Disc Blu-ray + DVD)
Dvd ~ Tom Hanks
Offered by EagleDVD
Price: 7.30

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps getting better, 27 Nov 2010
Wow! I can honestly say that I have never come across a trilogy of films before where each installation improves on previous films. This is such an incredible film, of fantastic animation, and humour for children and adults alike. The story is great and has one of the most emotional endings to a film, especially considering it is a 'children's film'. Definately worth buying for Christmas.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, not that expensive! :), 27 July 2010
I bought this book to make a yearbook for a friend who was leaving and so my friends and I filled it with photos and stickers and all sorts of memories from the year. By the time we had finished it was really fat from everything that had been stuck into it, and yet it still was tying together well and was in very good condition. This is a fantastic book for scrapbooks or photo albums, and it comes at a great price for the great gift it makes. The pages are strong and the book holds plenty of material without bursting. A great piece from Paperchase once again! :)

The RSC Shakespeare: The Complete Works
The RSC Shakespeare: The Complete Works
by William Shakespeare
Price: 13.59

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for any library, 19 May 2010
I currently own a perfectly adequate edition of the complete works of Shakespeare, yet I still yearn for this compilation which my friend is lucky enough to own. It is a stunning copy of Shakespeare's works which feels beautiful to hold and feels worth double the price tag. The general look of this book is stunning and I just hope that I can one day get a copy myself!

Pompeii: The Last Day [DVD] [2003] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Pompeii: The Last Day [DVD] [2003] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Alisdair Simpson
Offered by RAREWAVES USA
Price: 3.71

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best!, 19 May 2010
I saw this documentary on television years ago and came across it on Amazon by chance. I was so pleased I had found it as it is a fantastic documentary that really brings history to life. The effects are great and believable. I liked the story being told from different points of view and found the varying view points interesting, especailly the lower classes and then the final scramble of people to get away. A definate buy for anybody interested in ancient history or volcanic eruptions.

Paperchase Multi Pencil Tin. Bird On A Wire Design
Paperchase Multi Pencil Tin. Bird On A Wire Design

4.0 out of 5 stars How cute is this!, 2 Mar 2010
A very cute looking pencil tin, with a surprisingly spacious interior. A must have for Paperchase fanatics. However, I struggled to fit a glue stick into it.

Macbeth [DVD] [2003]
Macbeth [DVD] [2003]
Dvd ~ Antony Sher
Price: 19.74

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, 1 Mar 2010
This review is from: Macbeth [DVD] [2003] (DVD)
Watching this version of Macbeth made me really think about the words of the play, as the set in quite bare and stripped of any Scottish regalia. This is the best adaptation I've ever seen as the acting is breathtaking and incredibly moving. A must see!!!