Profile for Anna Daly > Reviews

Content by Anna Daly

Anna Daly "Tomás" (Ireland)

Short Films of David Lynch [DVD] [2006] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Short Films of David Lynch [DVD] [2006] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Dorothy McGinnis

5.0 out of 5 stars Savage!, 11 Jan. 2008
This is probably my favourite Lynch dvd. If you like the man already...buy this now. It is probably best reserved for his bigger fans..who have already seen his other films.
I thought it would just be a nice wee addition to my Lynch collection..but i totally fell in love with it.
When a friend stays at your house, throw on The Alphabet (short film 2) while they writhe around in hungover agony!
Hours of fun.. and things will never be the same thereafter.

GET!

Dark End of the Street
Dark End of the Street

5.0 out of 5 stars Moving Hearts - Dark End Of The Street review, 12 Nov. 2007
This review is from: Dark End of the Street (Audio CD)
This album is an absolute must for anyone born before 1982. I was born in 1980, and this album was engraved in my brain by my music loving father. I didn't realise how good it was until now...and i have scrambled to get it recently! It reminds me clearly of my mid 80's childhood Christmas' and lots of driving! It has elements of trad irish, rock, jazz and pop...all blended perfectly by Donal Lunny in that 80's style that is now extinct. The band consists of stars Christy Moore, Donal Lunny, and Davy Spillane. I never even realised that these legends collaborated until recently. Not only did they collaborate..they made more than 1 album together.
I would highly recommend this album to anyone with good taste in music.