Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

My Kitchen Table: 100 Cakes and Bakes
by Mary Berry
Price: 5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Old school!, 8 July 2011
I remember my mum always baking with a dog eared copy of Mary Berry on the top and the results were always good. I am overseas these days and noticed this book when browsing - it was like a bit of my childhood/England arrived in the post and I can see why mum was such a fan. Have baked fairy cakes and the lemon drizzle cake, both of which were super easy and came out perfect.

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium Trilogy Book 1)
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium Trilogy Book 1)
by Stieg Larsson
Price: 5.99

1.0 out of 5 stars So dull!, 1 Mar 2010
I am bemused by the raves that this book has got - and even more so by the fact that he managed to write 3 more.
I found the writing poor, the characters were not at all engaging and I only got as far as I did because I was approaching it like a school assignment and forcing myself to read on (as surely I was missing something and it was about to get better)?
Half way through I gave up and even peeked at the end to see if it ever did improve...so not worth the wait in my opinion.
Dull and depressing, don't even bother.

Sophie Grigson's Sunshine Food
Sophie Grigson's Sunshine Food
by Sophie Grigson

5.0 out of 5 stars Chilled and delicious, 22 Mar 2005
This is one of the best and most useful cook books I have ever owned!
If you are in a bit of a rut and fed up of the same old stodgy British dinners, this is THE book to shake you up and remind you what Summer tastes like.
You don't need to have been travelling to the places which Sophie mentions to appreciate the foods and in fact, if you haven't, this might give you just the kick you would need, to set off on your own tour of the Med!
The best bit is that none of the recipes are very difficult and all are set out in such a way that you can prepare in advance and just enjoy your evening, without worrying about the food.
Buy it now!