Profile for BluCat > Reviews

A Manual for Creating Atheists
A Manual for Creating Atheists
by Peter G. Boghossian

1.0 out of 5 stars Epistemological - Water Torture, 17 Dec. 2014
A turgid, dull book in which the word "epistemological" appears to be used at least 4 or 5 times on each page.

It really feels like the author happened on a word, and then decided how many times he could use it per page, per chapter. It's like water torture, I found myself just waiting for the next drip, the next "epistemological", the next agggg!

There are far more engaging books on the subject of atheism; do yourself a favour and search them out. The book has been consigned to the charity shop bag.

Polaris Bike Pod EVA -
Polaris Bike Pod EVA -

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 17 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Polaris Bike Pod EVA - (Sports)
I've used a Polaris Eva Bike Pod for the past 5 / 6 years, taking bikes as far afield as Central America, Southern Africa and Central Asia. The pod will easily take a road bike, and also a 'standard' sized MTB (I don't have a 29'er, so don't know if one would fit).

The main reason I bought it, is that it is relatively light when compared to a ridged box - I had one of those once and it weighted something like 15kg, where as the pod is half that.

It affords a decent level of protection, swallows most of my cycling kit (great additional padding) & a helmet case, and on my last trip hit the scales at 22kg.

Helly Hansen Lifa Dry Stripe T-Shirt - Black Medium
Helly Hansen Lifa Dry Stripe T-Shirt - Black Medium

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 12 July 2013
Helly Hensen Lifa Dry products have a real longevity - I have two long sleeved base layers that are getting on for 10 years old, and are still going strong.

Only comment on the t-shirt is that the sleeves are a bit long, and not fitted enough for my taste.

Phantasmagoria
Phantasmagoria

5.0 out of 5 stars Ah, the memories!, 12 July 2013
This review is from: Phantasmagoria (Audio CD)
I remember seeing The Damned, live, around the of Phantasmagoria, and being blown away. Along with my then girlfriend, I pushed and shoved to the front of the crowd, only to retreat further back, when we realised that spitting at the stage was still all the rage!!

So for me, this album is laden with memories. Street Of Dreams, The Shadow Of Love, Is It A Dream, Grimly Fiendish, and the wonderful Edward the Bear. Each of these songs has a special place in my heart. The bonus tracks, and bonus disc just add to the joy.

Damned good!!