Profile for Rhonda Taylor > Reviews

Content by Rhonda Taylor

Rhonda Taylor "Raven Rose" (Bonner's Ferry, Idaho)

Page: 1 | 2
Heartbeat - The Complete Series 15 [DVD]
Heartbeat - The Complete Series 15 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jonathan Kerrigan

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful acting and great writing make this series a winner ..., 17 Aug 2014
Wonderful acting and great writing make this series a winner every season. I noticed the writing is getting more complex and deeper as the series goes on and this particular season the writing for the character, Peggy Armstrong, was less annoying and more enjoyable. Oscar has some great one-liner's ('mark my words, this will all end in tears') and ('give me strength') ~on his great rapport with Peggy. The season is emotional and highly charged at the end--with some of the most fantastic & believably moving acting by both Jonathan Kerrigan & Mark Jordon ~ Also, the Christmas special will leave a lump in your throat remembering how Christmas used to be and the lovely 'feelings' that surrounded that wonderful Season. Lastly, look for SImon Ward to play his rel-life daughter, Sophie Ward's (Helen's) father -- they looks so much alike, you can't miss it. Fantastic season, looking forward to seeing the last 3. Very sorry it was ever cancelled.

Northern Lights And City Lights Box Set (With Christmas Lights Bonus Disc) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Robson Green

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Chemistry ......, 28 July 2014
I am admittedly very old-fashioned when it comes to my viewpoint on movies. I have actually had to turn to BBC/Acorn movies in the last few years, due to language and content that just was not appropriate for my home in respect to American movies (exception Hallmark)--so this is the perspective I am coming from--so if this is not your perspective, I completely understand ~ and this review is for similar people as myself. First off, I really love the 2 male leads, watched them in numerous shows and they are both quality actors. The content is, in my opinion, adult humor and I would have put the age limit as such and not 15. The language is not bad,with a few profanities ~ the worst being blasphemy, which was used probably a doz times. There are genuinely funny moments--especially in Northern Lights, that made me laugh out loud & the chemistry is undeniably great between Mark & Robson. The mood is darker in City Lights and that is where the adult humor/content is probably strongest. Bottom line, it was very funny--and by today's American standards probably very tame, but I would have to say from a Christian perspective--understand there is blasphemy (Northern Light/City Lights) as well as adult humor/situations, that may not be appropriate for some people. The 'Christmas Lights' movie, that sparked the series, as I recall ~ was more family oriented. This absolutely would have been a all time favorite of mine, had it not been for the blasphemy & a couple of adult scene's.

Agatha Christie's Poirot - The Definitive Collection (Series 1-13) [DVD]
Agatha Christie's Poirot - The Definitive Collection (Series 1-13) [DVD]
Dvd ~ David Suchet

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Collection!, 29 Jan 2014
I am thrilled with the collection size, the subtitles, the quality and the acting is excellent! I did not own any prior Poirot series, so this is my complete collection and I appreciate being able to get it for this pricing.

Heartbeat - The Complete Series 12 [DVD]
Heartbeat - The Complete Series 12 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jason Durr

5.0 out of 5 stars Heartbeat .... Still great after 12 seasons, 7 Dec 2013
Love it, Love it, Love it.....The Heartbeat series is hard on Doctors I admit, but even when you lose a character--you really do not feel loss for long--as the writers bring in an equally wonderful replacement. I will watch this series year after year, so I collect them as quickly as I finish one.....I am ordering another. Fantastic family-friendly viewing, great moral lessons (usually by the loveable rouges on how not to do things) and very entertaining.

Heartbeat - The Complete Series 13 [DVD]
Heartbeat - The Complete Series 13 [DVD]
Dvd ~ James Carlton

5.0 out of 5 stars Heartbeat...Every season a winner, 7 Dec 2013
I cannot find enough words to say about the entire series, thus far--great family viewing, great characters, and funnily enough--as much as you like certain characters--even when they leave the show you do not miss them, because the writing and replacements are so great. I just keep buying until I run out of available DVD's and sadly will have to find another series by next year to collect.

The Paradise [DVD]
The Paradise [DVD]
Dvd ~ Joanna Vanderham

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic New (to me) Series...., 7 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Paradise [DVD] (DVD)
I am always looking for great writing, loveable and (not so loveable) characters and this series has it all. The glamor of 'The Paradise' set, and the beautiful era that it is portraying, makes for a decadent and enjoyable hour of your time. The viewing is family-friendly and the actors are, in my opinion, great at their characters. It leaves you wanting more........

The Royal, Complete Series Two [2004]  [DVD]
The Royal, Complete Series Two [2004] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Amy Robbins

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Addition to Heartbeat......, 7 Dec 2013
Wonderful cast, great writing and the best part--the fantastic 'pop ins' from the Heartbeat cast. You really start to care about the actual 'Royal' characters as well, and I can honestly say the only thing I do not like about this series is that awful song at the beginning.

Heartbeat - The Complete Series 14 [DVD]
Heartbeat - The Complete Series 14 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jonathan Kerrigan

5.0 out of 5 stars Heartbeat...and the beat goes on....., 7 Dec 2013
Love this entire series....purchased the Royal 1 & 2 between series 12 and 14 of Heartbeat, it was a wonderful addition to this series--and seeing the cast members show up on the Royal was like seeing old friends. Season 14 is once again a pleasure to watch, adding a new face-- with Jonathan Kerrigan, who I was familiar with from Catherine Cooksons 'Dinner of Herbs' ~ The storylines never get dull, perhaps because there are so many writers, and each season, thus far I have enjoyed equally.

Broadchurch [DVD]
Broadchurch [DVD]
Dvd ~ Olivia Colman

3.0 out of 5 stars From: CommonSense Media Review, 23 Nov 2013
This review is from: Broadchurch [DVD] (DVD)
I am coping/pasting this review, as I went thru 20 pages of Amazon review trying to see the language/sexual content of the DVD, I have no doubt that the acting is excellent, along with the writing/plot--I just have concerns regarding language and sexual content that I would like to know before purchasing--perhaps this will help someone else also decide. Again, I have not watched the movie--I am just passing on, because I love Amazon reviews and make my purchases based on them.

From: CommonSense Media Review
What parents need to know

Parents need to know that Broadchurch revolves around the death of an 11-year-old boy, but there's no blood and only a few brief shots of the body. That said, you will hear some unbleeped swearing (mostly "s--t") and other salty terms like "piss off" and "hell." All other iffy content is mostly described rather than shown: several characters are involved in illegal drug-dealing, and two characters are having an affair.

Decent show, marred by excessive sexual sub-plots
Made a point to watch, or dvr Broadchurch after reading some of the glowing reviews. The actors, setting and plot are all very good or excellent. While I don't consider myself a prude by any means, I am a bit upset that the writers had to throw in 4 or 5 sexual sub-plots to spice this show up. One or two of them are key to the plot, but come on! (Warning plot spoilers ahead) - The father of the mudered boy was having an affair the night of his sons death - The old shop owner was accused of being a pedophile, later it turns out he was shagging a 15 year old. - The boys daughter who is 15, is dating a 17 year old, and shaggibg him---al least with condoms. - The newspaper affair. They kiss, then wind up shagging. We see them wake up together and discuss shagging again. - The detective on the case embarrases himself by coming on to the B&B's owner. She refuses to shag. I probably missed some, but really, do we need all of this to keep our attention. This is on BBC, which is part of why I think this is a bit much. I enjoy shows like Game of Thrones and True Blood where the sex and violence is expected and needed.

The Royal, Complete Series One [2003]  [DVD]
The Royal, Complete Series One [2003] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Amy Robbins

5.0 out of 5 stars A great addition to my Heartbeat collection, 19 Sep 2013
I purchased Season One, as I just finished the 12 Season of Heartbeat. The 'feel' of the program is very similar to Heartbeat and the characters are once again very enjoyable and the writing excellent. I only hope they will continue to release more of The Royals in the future, at this point only up to Season Two is available.

Page: 1 | 2