Profile for Rosie and Duncan > Reviews

Content by Rosie and Duncan

Rosie and Duncan (Scotland, UK.)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Plague: A Gone Novel
Plague: A Gone Novel

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as good as the other books in the series, 9 Dec 2013
If you loved the other books in this series then you'll love this book too. It draws you in from beginning to end, it's hard to stop reading and take a break. These books are addictive, you'll want to read every book in the series without a break. I am already looking forward to diving into the next book, I have no doubt it will be just as good and addictive. Excellent story line, keeps you gripped and wanting more, never predictable and great escapism. Highly recommended from mid teens onwards, I'm an adult and I've loved every book...I've even told my husband to read them too.

Letter Opener - Winmail.dat Viewer
Letter Opener - Winmail.dat Viewer

5.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly as it should!, 26 Sep 2013
Worth the money as it does exactly what it should, opens winmail.dat files. The reason for buying it was because I got an email with photos, however it was in a winmail.dat file so I couldn't view it. Apparently these files types are common as they are when the sender uses an email client and its how it sends file. If you don't have the same email client you end up getting this file type. This app is so easy to use, download it and that is it. You then go to your email and click on the file and you can see what's inside. For example it might be photos and then you can view them or save them. When it saves them they are just normal photo files. In a way you could call it a background app, it's a vital one though. I've since had several of these files and no longer have to worry about viewing what's inside. Highly recommended.

Calorie Counter and Diet Tracker by MyFitnessPal
Calorie Counter and Diet Tracker by MyFitnessPal

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect to keep an eye on what you eat, 11 Feb 2013
We downloaded this and have been using it ever since, every single day. It's been by far one of the best apps I have on my kindle fire and certainly one of the most useful. All I would say is the app can be little unstable at times, I've had it crash whilst using it especially when adding recipes. Apart from that though a brilliantly working app.

As for the app itself, it's perfect if you want to go on a diet and its designed so well that it's easy to use and navigate. I'm so thankful to my fitness pal because thanks to them I am now loosing weight and its been made a lot easier by them.

I'd just like to add this application and there website is fantastic, anyone wanting to loose weight should give this a try. It's better than most paid options out there. For example a while back I used to use boots diet online but stopped. This is just as good if not better, does all the same things and its free. I was amazed and I can see myself using this app and their website for a long time to come. Thank you just doesn't seem to cover what they provided enough :-).

Highly recommended, easy to use and you couldn't ask for more given its free. By far one of the best free apps on the market.

The Story of Rose: A Man and His Dog
The Story of Rose: A Man and His Dog

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as his other books, 10 Jan 2013
I was a little disappointed by this book compared to his others. For a start it's a lot shorter and also you feel like his writing style has changed. For me that made it very difficult to get into the book and took a while till I started to enjoy it.

For those who have read his other books their seems to be some inconsistency in his story. Whether this is just due to the way it's been written I'm not sure. Early in the book the implication is that Rose is the only dog on the farm with him, those who have read his other books will be confused by this as we have read otherwise. This book seems to include the rest of his dogs and life a lot less than his other books, for example his book about Lenore (The dog who loved) in fact included all his dogs and Lenore wasn't focused on that much. Maybe this is connected with the change in writing style?

This is a good story about Rose and her life, it's well worth the read and you do find out more about her than is already mentioned in other books. You'll fall in love with her as she is such a special dog. For those that haven't read his other books I suggest you start there first. Those that have will enjoy this book but might also be a bit confused. Still worth the read though!

PS, I Love You
PS, I Love You

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favourite books of all time!, 10 Jan 2013
This review is from: PS, I Love You (Kindle Edition)
This is one of my favourite books of all time and I often recommend the book to friends and family. I first read this book by paperback and then when there was a special offer for it on the kindle I jumped at it. I also own the full version of this book on audio book. Basically I love this book and have it in every version.

This is the first book I've read by Cecelia Ahern and it made me love her as an author. I know have many of her books and I'm so glad this book introduced me to her. It's a great book to buy if you've never read her books before, a great introduction to her I think.

I love this book and after I was raving about it even my husband read it and enjoyed it. It's a truly touching story and will pull at your heart strings. The story kept me gripped and at times it was hard to put the book down for a rest.

The author has done a really good job as she makes you feel and relate to the characters. Some reviewers may of mentioned the author had obviously never lost anyone because of how she wrote the book. what needs to be remembered is everyone's experience of loss can be different. I personally think she covered it well and I wouldn't be surprised if the author has been through loss also.

A great book that can be enjoyed by many and even enjoy rereading. Just as an extra note, don't try the film as they haven't covered the book well and missed some points of the book.

Give it a try, I doubt you'll regret it. I loved it, my husband loved it and so have my friends and family!

Earthfall (Earthfall 1)
Earthfall (Earthfall 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good as a throw away read, 8 Jan 2013
I'm a little confused about the five star reviews of this book. I'm not saying it's a bad book I thoroughly enjoyed it. In my opinion it's definitely no classic it's a throw away type science fiction book but forgetful. In a week you won't remember much of the story.

So the negatives of this book is it's pretty short the plot is pretty unoriginal and the Characters pretty one dimensional. With books like the Hunger games that have fully fleshed 3D characters with depth this book is found a little wanting.

Now for the positives. It's a fun romp and an easy read. It is enjoyable despite the negatives just don't expect too much of it. If you want an easy fun quick read this may be worth a go. The thing is though in this genre you have books like The Hunger Games and John Christopher's Tripod trilogy which ultimately are far more rewarding due to depth of Characterisation and originality

Evernote
Evernote

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Essential App. Highly Recommended!, 4 Jan 2013
This review is from: Evernote (App)
We have this app on several devices and use them on a regular basis. It's great that they can sync with your other devices and its a feature we find very useful. It's fantastic note application and allows you to do many things from separate note books to being able to do check lists within a note. You can tag notes, add photos and files and its easy to use. Definitely the best note application on the market, highly recommended.

Monopoly Millionaire
Monopoly Millionaire
Offered by The Toy Center

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't let any bad reviews put you off buying!, 2 Jan 2013
This review is from: Monopoly Millionaire (Toy)
Firstly don't let any bad reviews put you off buying as we just read a recent one and they must of played the game wrong!

If you love monopoly you'll love this game. We love monopoly, so much so we have two other animal versions of the game (by a different company but based on the same game just made with animal features). In fact we felt this game was better if your playing with only two people, which we were. It had some interesting stragagies which made it more interesting.

So where do I start? We have played this game once so far and love it. Our first game ended after an hour/hour and half (guessing as we didn't time it). It was very enjoyable and we can't wait to play again. It has some of the same features as the usual monopoly and also some extra ones. One of the new features we loved was the auction bidding. When a player lands on a property it must be bought. If the landed player doesn't buy it then it goes to auction. The landed player can still bid and the bid starts much lower than the price of the property. This makes it very interesting and even with two players it can be enjoyed. It's all about stragagy and this makes it very interesting.

The money is not paper like the normal monopoly, it's like thick card shaped money. At first this was strange but we soon got used to it, it's basically immitating a wad of money to that amount as the money is all higher value. Another great new feature is fortune cards which are put on every property space. When you land on them you look at them and they can be a great find. There are two types, ones you can keep and use when you like and ones that have to be used now. This added a lot of fun to the game and added to the enjoyment.

It's got so many new features, it's fun to play even if you only have two players. It's generally shorter to play than the normal monopoly and this can be a good thing as sometimes a normal monopoly game can go on for a long time. Not that it's a bad thing but it's nice to have a new game with a new twist that can also be shorter in length,

Highly recommended, lots of fun.

Tefal Expert Cook Hard Anodised 3 Piece Set, 26cm Fry, 16/18cm Saucepans with Glass Lids

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality pans and value for money!, 13 Nov 2012
Fantastic set of pans for a good price. We looked at these pans as we have always been impressed with Tefal pans before and they are also in our budget. We are so pleased we bought this set because its been brilliant, we'd happily recommend it to others and in fact we already have.

Some reviews have mentioned balance of the pans due to the long handles, therefor tipping over. We have never had this problem at all and find the pans are well balanced whether you use the glass lids provided or not. We use a ceramic hob if that's any help. As for the non stick we have actually found it to be excellent, having no problems at all. We've had problems with non stick before but are so pleased we didn't let this put us off, as the tefal non stick pans are fantastic and work as you'd expect.

We've used these pans on both the hob and in the oven, its great that they can work in both and can make cooking certain things a lot easier as you don't have to transfer the food. Brilliant set of pans, we've been using them for 9 months now and they are still looking as good as new.

Highly Recommended!

Sony NWZ-E463 E Series 4GB Walkman - Black
Sony NWZ-E463 E Series 4GB Walkman - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars A reliable MP3 Player at a good price!, 13 Nov 2012
I was looking for an mp3 player for use when walking the dog and out and about. For this reason I was looking for something that was cheap and reliable so if I lost it or it was stolen it wasn't too much of a problem but would also still be a great mp3 player. This fit the bill perfectly.

One of the great advantages for me is the ability to drag and drop files onto the mp3 player, this makes this process very quick. Also as I use multiple operating systems (computer) it means I can do this on any computer including linux ones without any trouble at all.

When I am looking for a replacement for the family apple ipod in the future I would consider the bigger models of this, as going on this version its a lovely little player. The only downside is its incompatible with audible audiobooks, which is a shame but all I can hope is audible/song will sort this out in the future. As its not really the products fault its why I gave this 5/5. The only reason I mention it is so others can be aware as it does limit my usage a little. Mp3 audiobook will work perfectly though!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5