Profile for joda > Reviews

Fringe - Season 3 [DVD] [2011]
Fringe - Season 3 [DVD] [2011]
Dvd ~ Anna Torv

2.0 out of 5 stars waste of time, 18 Aug. 2011
Ok, so I cannot offer a review of the dvds, but after seeing the number of 5 star reviews here (and on Amazon.com) I felt like I had to write something.
Season 3 of Fringe was awful!
Even though I remained unconvinced by the whole "alternate universe" storyline building up in seasons 1 & 2, I wanted to give season 3 a chance.
I was not expecting much from it to be honest, but was pleasantly surprised to find I actually enjoyed the first half of the season and the "Over There" episodes. The characters and storylines were interesting.
But the second half of the season was pure filler and pointless. They didn't really add anything to the storyline and just dragged the entire season out unnecessarily.
I don't know what happened to this show but it felt like the writers ran out of ideas. For example, the episodes where Anna Torv (Olivia) puts on a Leonard Nimoy (Bell) accent were just cringey.
The only bright point was Walter, who at least was entertaining throughout.
Overall I did not like the direction the series goes in. The season finale was terrible and I found myself fast forwarding just to get the end. I have not been this disappointed in a series since Battlestar Gallactica, another that in my opinion should have been so much better.

I am totally amazed Fringe got another season, but I will definitely not be watching it!
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 8, 2012 2:20 PM BST