Profile for Mr. Robert Summerfield > Reviews

Content by Mr. Robert Sum...

Mr. Robert Summerfield (UK)

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptional toy, 2 Dec 2010
When I was a kid these kind of things would have cost a months salary, which is why although I am far to old I can finally afford to relive my youth. I bought a cheap sub £20 rc helicopter a couple of years ago which was fun but you couldn't really control where the thing went, so when I decided to treat my self to a new one for only just over £20 I wasn't expecting the earth. I was blown away when it came, it's beautifully made, extremely stable in flight and heaps of fun. My only concern would be how this can be sold for this money, who is making them and how much are they being paid?
I definitely recommend this product, it's awesome!

Mysql Crash Course (Sams Teach Yourself)
Mysql Crash Course (Sams Teach Yourself)
by Ben Forta

1.0 out of 5 stars Buy a different book, 7 Feb 2008
I found this book frustrating from the start. I was having difficulties understanding and using MySQL so this looked like a good solution. The book barley touches on MySQL the server and is almost an exact copy of SQL in 10 minutes. The book is tutorial based with an appendix at the back to download some scripts to create your test database and tables it suggests you use MySQL admin and browser but gives you almost no instruction what so ever about how to actually create them, your on your own, a bit inconsiderate given the book is supposed to be for beginners. The section on how to create databases and tables using SQL is at the back of the book, shouldn't that be at the beginning. The section about creating foreign keys is tagged on to the end of a section without any explanation, as is the snippet about retrieving auto increment values. The book points you to a forum run by the author but every post I submitted was ignored except one about my gripes which Ben himself replied, and I quote "the book is primarily on MySQL the language, not MySQL the server. This is deliberate and by design, as that is what most readers need - help with how to use MySQL, not how to install it or administer it. You should feel free to return the book if it is not what you wanted or expected.
Thanks for the help!
The book is to advanced for beginners and incomplete for intermediates!