Profile for Clark > Reviews

Cerustop Wax Guard
Cerustop Wax Guard
Offered by Hearing-Aid-Batteries

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 13 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Cerustop Wax Guard (Personal Care)
The Cerustop Wax Guard does what it is meant to do

Meridian Natural Crunchy Peanut Butter With No Added Salt 1 Kg (Pack of 2)
Meridian Natural Crunchy Peanut Butter With No Added Salt 1 Kg (Pack of 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 12 Mar. 2015
Exactly the standard I expect and like

Don't Even Think About It: Why Our Brains Are Wired to Ignore Climate Change
Don't Even Think About It: Why Our Brains Are Wired to Ignore Climate Change

4.0 out of 5 stars A disaster waiting to happen, 12 Nov. 2014
This is an unambiguous account of an important and largely ignored subject. It is not an easy read, but everything that needs to be said, is. After laying out the evidence for the reality of Climate Change. George Marshall asks the question which we all find difficult to answer, why do so many people, even those who accept the reality of Climate Change fail to do anything about it. Is it, perhaps because we don't know what to do, except bury our heads in the sand?

The Book of Strange New Things
The Book of Strange New Things

5.0 out of 5 stars A Strange World, 28 Oct. 2014
This is a fascinating story set on another world. I do not usually enjoy such stories, but found this one enabled me to enter into the strange world which it brings to life in a way that made me feel homesick when I put down the book at the end. I still wonder what happened next!

Code Talker: The First and Only Memoir By One of the Original Navajo Code Talkers of WWII

5.0 out of 5 stars The true story of how the Navy used the language of the Navajo Indians as the basis of an unbreakable code, 11 Aug. 2014
This is a well-written account of the way that the language of the Navajo Indians formed the basis of a code to encipher secret messages. Despite the efforts of the Germans the code proved unbreakable. The book is written by a man belonging to the Navajo Indian tribe who was in the navy and whose identity was kept secret. I give it five stars because of the unique and authentic story, and because of the quality of the writing, but I confess that it went on a little too long for me and I skipped the last part.

White Crocodile
White Crocodile

2.0 out of 5 stars An uncomfortable read, 8 Aug. 2014
This review is from: White Crocodile (Kindle Edition)
I found this story set in Cambodia hard to read. I was never clear what it was saying or who was saying it. Altogether too confusing, and I gave up well before the end. Nor did I find the characters attractive,

The Forgotten Rebels of Eureka
The Forgotten Rebels of Eureka

4.0 out of 5 stars An early gold rush which attracted families from across the world, 8 Aug. 2014
This is an account of a gold rush that took place in the 19th century inland from the city of Melbourne, Australia. Even though I had had no particular interest in that country, I found this account drew me into the story and both entertained and educated me. It was a worthwhile read.

Good Morning, Mr Mandela
Good Morning, Mr Mandela

5.0 out of 5 stars A Boer's story of a Black South African, 23 July 2014
Zelda la Grange is a Boer, brought up to fear and despise black south Africans, who nevertheless agreed, somewhat reluctantly, to work for Nelson Mandela as a secretary when he became President. She agreed to remain with him when he was replaced as President by Thabo Mbeki and so no longer had the facilities of the Presidential office. This book is an account of her life during those years. Ms la Grange writes very movingly of the way she came first of all, to see Nelson Mandela as a human being and then to respect and finally admire and even love him. The interest of the book springs from the personal way in which Zelda writes, telling both what happened and how she and Mandela reacted to it. She is not afraid to write of the difficulties they faced, both together and separately, Nor does she shy away from writing of the ways in which they did not always cope.The unusual interest of this book lies in learning of both and of the frankness of Zelda's account.

No Place to Call Home: Inside the Real Lives of Gypsies and Travellers
No Place to Call Home: Inside the Real Lives of Gypsies and Travellers

4.0 out of 5 stars An important book for our understanding of this minority community in England, 3 Nov. 2013
The subject is a very important one and the book is written with a real understanding of and sympathy with the lives of Gypsies.

I did find it rather long-winded. A little pruning would have made it more readable and more likely to change the prejudices that most people have about the gypsy community

HSN 8W Led Bright Power Flashlight Waterproof Light Torch 150 Lumens Led Torch
HSN 8W Led Bright Power Flashlight Waterproof Light Torch 150 Lumens Led Torch

5.0 out of 5 stars Small, bright hand-held torch., 18 Jan. 2013
Very useful little torch which provides as bright a light as a much larger one, Even survived after being dropped from 4 feet.

Page: 1 | 2