Profile for Dommo > Reviews

Dommo

TP-LINK TG-3269 32-bit Gigabit PCI Network Interface Card
TP-LINK TG-3269 32-bit Gigabit PCI Network Interface Card

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 17 Jun. 2016
Fitted to PC after onboard LAN seemed to ahve died. No setup in Windows 7.... just literally plug n play.
Excellent

Type C Car Charger,YOOTECH 30W Dual USB Car Charger with Type C and Quick Charge Port for LG G5,Nexus 5X,Nexus 6P and Other Support Device[Include Type C Cable] (30W,2-Port)
Offered by YOOTECH

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than I'd hoped!, 17 Jun. 2016
Really impressed with this. A totally different charger for my previous Galaxy S3 was ok but in use in the car for sat nav the phone will still drain slowly. Not so with THIS charger and my Oneplus One! Not only does the phone receive power, but while in use it manages to recharge too!

Excellent product.

Dermasol Skin Care Gel for Cats & Dogs (2.1 oz) by International Veterinary Sciences, Inc

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing stuff!, 3 April 2015
Amazing stuff.
Our cats had scabs down the lower half of their spine, which after researching sounded like it was a food allergy. They, we think, were making things worse by overgrooming those areas, and so irritating the scabs, which then irritated them too.

This medication recommends twice daily application. We did once per day, every other day (we were partly forgetful and partly having to wait for them to come indoors..!). But after just 3 applications, the scabs were mostly gone.

Amazing stuff!!

Philips Halogen Classic A55 42 W E27 Edison Screw Light Bulb (55 W Equivalent, Dimmable, 2,000 Hours) - Warm White
Offered by Lamp Specs LLP

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for dimming!, 3 April 2015
Bought these bulbs to replace the ones that Ikea specified to use in the lamp we bought (from Ikea, obviously).
You can imagine our annoyance when we got our lamp home, only to find the bulbs that Ikea specified to use with our lamp DID NOT DIM ! They just flickered horribly.

Not so with these wonderful, amazing Philips bulb. Perfect dimming. Great light. No buzzing like the Ikea bulbs either.

Creative Sound Blaster Zx 116dB PCIe Gaming Sound Card with High Performance Headphone Amp and Desktop Audio Control Module

5.0 out of 5 stars Creative - back on form, 24 Jun. 2013
I write this review having replaced my trusty, 10 year old Audigy 2 Platinum with this Sound Blaster ZX....

I skipped the X-fi generation of products, as although the reviews were great, I read a lot about bad drivers. I also don't get to play games so much these days so the Audigy 2 was fine.

I then got Windows 7 a couple of years back, and while there were drivers for Audigy 2, things weren't always right. After one system wipe and Windows reinstall, the Audigy's software no longer wanted to hear my mic input (so killed skype use) when it had been fine in Windows 7 prior to the wipe. Sometimes the speakers went buzzy and I'd have to open the SB control panel, switch to 2 speaker output and then back to 5.1 to clear it. So obviously a software issue.

At this point I began looking for a more modern and replacement card. Knowing that Windows Vista and 7 had changed the way soundcards are accessed and used, a lot of hardware features on Audigy and X-Fi lines were kinda redundant now.

So I was looking at Asus, and Xonar.
But none of their offerings quite offered what I wanted in terms of all-round features, software, or physical socket outputs from the cards.

Creative then had their Recon range.... which just sounded underpowered and audio quality somewhat of a drop from prior cards let alone their competition.

Well, with the newer Z (and ZX in this case) range, (let alone the ZX-R), they've sorted that out. Even if the cards are based on the same sort of tech as the Recon line, they've got the audio quality much higher. I got it plugged in. Software installed hassle free, and it just works. And it works so well, and the clarity is so much greater that I found myself listening to my favourite tunes while I work, which I'm most familiar with, and there is so much more detail, and so much less noise and hiss.

I've not tried it with games, as the card went into my graphics workstation. I am hoping it works well for games as I'll likely buy another one of these cards for my 'desktop' machine which does gaming.

But for everything else I have tried, I really couldn't be happier. Its sound quality is great, the drivers are stable, and it just works like it should.

Creative Labs are back on form.

Letraset MSTP1 ProMarker Manga Starter Pack (6 Colours + 1 Fine Line Drawing Pen)

3.0 out of 5 stars Let down by Amazon / Letraset (who knows?), 10 April 2013
I ordered this item directly from Amazon a a gift for my fiancee who is an illustrator. She had always wanted some of these pens.

After she'd opened her gift, she was keen to give the pens a try.

However, she was disappointed to find that the skin colour pen was already low on ink, and to make matters worse, the 15 sheets of bleed-proof paper that the packaging indicated was inside (let alone the product description here and on Letraset's website) were not there. In their place were 4 x watercolour painting sheets of paper, torn from some larger art pad (there remnants of the binding glue alnog one edge).

We made a complaint to Amazon, who were surprised as apparently all their items are Brand New, and they did replace this set of pens.

However, the replacement item, although with working pens, had the same incorrect paper inside. This suggests someone at either Letraset or at Amazon is actually opening and stealing the 15 x bleed-proof sheets and replacing it with dodgy watercolour paper. We raised this with Amazon, and I've no idea how far it may have been investigated.

So, if you buy these, BE WARNED that you may have to complain and get a partial refund, and then buy a separate order of bleed-proof paper at additional cost.