Profile for WheelyJon > Reviews

Content by WheelyJon

WheelyJon

Custard Tarts and Broken Hearts
Custard Tarts and Broken Hearts

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything that you expect from a good saga and a lot that you don't. A Wonderful Read!, 10 Dec 2013
Now let me start by saying that I don't usually read the saga genre. But I picked this up on a personal and very enthusiastic recommendation and I have I was not disappointed. The writing itself is at an amazing standard, smooth and as rich as honey and cream. And unlike meny of its ilk, that admittedly that I olny skim read while waiting for trains over the years, in 'Custard Tarts' it is not only the characters and their personal struggles that are given emotional weight and detail. But the world they live in is a living and breathing thing. The author has clearly research but she treats it with a rare lightness of touch, so that most of the time the reader doesn't even notice it going into their heads, so skillfully deos MARY GIBSON weave her all elements together. If anyone has read this far go and get this book! After all at the kidle price what have you got to lose. It is pennys for sheer quality! I will definitely be keeping a chose eye one Mary Gibson in the future. And buying the hardback for more than a couple of the technophobes in my family when it comes out, I hope it is very soon. A*