Profile for L. Reed > Reviews

Content by L. Reed

L. Reed (Coventry)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Elizabeth & Philip and Their Royal Family (Pictorial Tribute)
Elizabeth & Philip and Their Royal Family (Pictorial Tribute)
by

5.0 out of 5 stars A nice gift book., 8 Aug 2014
Bought as a birthday gift and it has been well received. As the photgraphs are all from the Daily Mail, most of them are in black and white. The coloured photos are all more recent ones, towards the back of the book. I liked that there were photo's I had never seen before.

Tesa Extra Power Multi Purpose Cloth Tape, Black  38 Mm X 2.75 M
Tesa Extra Power Multi Purpose Cloth Tape, Black 38 Mm X 2.75 M

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for book repairs., 8 Aug 2014
Bought this tape to repair service books at church. It seems to be working well. There is none of that stick residue you get with some tapes. It is very strong. I would prefer it to be available in a larger roll, as these small rolls don't go very far.

Premier Housewares Storage Caddy - Hot Pink
Premier Housewares Storage Caddy - Hot Pink
Offered by eShop Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Bright and useful bathroom or kitchen caddy., 8 Aug 2014
Bright cheerful colour. Holds all those toiletries that clutter the bathroom up. Seems sturdy and I expect it to last a good while.

LEGO Friends 41027: Mia's Lemonade Stand
LEGO Friends 41027: Mia's Lemonade Stand

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth buying for Mia's cute scooter., 8 Aug 2014
If you like Lego friends you'll be pleased with this. Especially nice is the little aqua coloured scooter for Mia to ride on. Really cute.

PRIMA 33 x 23 x 2 cm Non-Stick Oblong Roaster
PRIMA 33 x 23 x 2 cm Non-Stick Oblong Roaster
Offered by Click-2-Save

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality tray, 8 Aug 2014
Good quality tray. Does not buckle in the oven like some cheaper ones. I usually line it with foil to save on washing up, so can't comment on its non stick function.

Premier Housewares Round Storage Caddy - Hot Pink
Premier Housewares Round Storage Caddy - Hot Pink

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful and colourful., 8 Aug 2014
Very useful bathroom caddy . Stores all those untidy bits and pieces in one place.

1642 Soft Nappa Leather - Slim Glasses Case with Tab Fastener (4309 17) - Red
1642 Soft Nappa Leather - Slim Glasses Case with Tab Fastener (4309 17) - Red
Offered by Oakgrain Leather

4.0 out of 5 stars A lovely case, but maybe not for smaller glasses., 31 July 2014
I bought this as an extra gift for my sister's birthday and she loves it. The leather is incredibly soft. My niece saw it and loved it too, so I have bought one for her birthday next month.
One comment my sister has made is that if your glasses are on the small side, they can slip out of the case, even when it's fastened., because the leather is so soft and flexible, so that's why I've given it four stars, not five.

myPlayer Pro
myPlayer Pro

3.0 out of 5 stars Great app. spoiled by terrible picture quality., 9 July 2014
This review is from: myPlayer Pro (App)
I previously had TVCatchup installed on my Kindle Fire HD, but it stopped working. It had its faults including a limited choice of channels, but the picture quality was superb. I installed myPlayer Pro as a replacement and was very impressed by its super quick download and installation. The choice of channels is great, including BBC + channels which I don't have on terrestrial TV.
But - and it's a very big but - the picture quality is awful! - reminiscent of how TV was thirty plus years ago. The picture is so poor that it's impossible to read any on-screen text. I'll probably keep it for now, but sincerely hope something better will come along. (I don't have fibre optic broadband so don't know if that is a contributary factor to the poor picture quality)

BT HOME HUB 4
BT HOME HUB 4
Offered by Digi-Fun

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely hopeless!, 23 April 2014
This review is from: BT HOME HUB 4 (Electronics)
I thought it was time to upgrade from my old BT Voyager 2110 router. To cut a very long story short - Ordered it from BT. Took delivery, set it all up, no internet connection. Waited 24 hours as per instructions. Still no connection. Re-checked everything then phoned BT support. I was told - 'fault on the line'. BT call centre in India told me - 'no fault on the line - faulty home hub'
Home Hub number two sent. Set it all up - no internet connection. Spent one and a half hours on the phone to Tech. Support in India. They couldn't sort it out. Told me that the second hub is also faulty, and they would send out a third!!
By this time I was so fed up with the situation that I phoned BT and told them to cancel my order and issue a refund. It remains to be seen whether that happens.
I have re-connected my old Voyager router and now have to schlep to the Post Office to return three Home hubs to BT.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 15, 2014 10:27 PM BST

The Room Two (Kindle Tablet Edition)
The Room Two (Kindle Tablet Edition)

1.0 out of 5 stars Game will not load!, 10 April 2014
I loved 'The Room' and was eagerly looking forward to this sequal. Having paid £1.99 and downloaded the game, I find that it just will not load. I had this problem with the Epilogue level of 'The Room' but fully expected this glitch to have been sorted out before releasing this sequal.
Very disappointed that I cannot play this much anticipated game, and have paid £1.99 for nothing. how do I get a refund?
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 10, 2014 6:43 PM BST