Profile for Olly P > Reviews

Callaway Hex Warbird Golf Balls - White, 1.683 Inch
Callaway Hex Warbird Golf Balls - White, 1.683 Inch
Offered by Langham golf

4.0 out of 5 stars Yep, they're golf balls, 27 Aug 2014
Round, dimpled and white, these are ideal golf balls for anyone looking for a hack on the links. I am able to slice, top and hook these just as well as I do any other ball. They are also simple to lose; I simply swing the club badly and - poof - they're gone.

Key feature - they say Warbird on them, which makes them sound really cool.

Anker® 2nd Gen Astro 6000mAh (2A Output) Portable Power Bank Pack External Battery USB Charger with PowerIQ™ Technology for iPhone 6 5S 5C 5 4S, iPad Air, mini, Galaxy S5 S4 S3, Note 4 3, Galaxy Tab 4 3 2, Pro, Nexus, HTC One, MOTO X G, LG Optimus, PS Vita, Gopro, most other Phones and Tablets
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little product, 25 July 2014
This small Anker battery is a fantastic portable charger. I bought it while on sale and for the money, it's a great product.

The decent 6000mAh charge which it holds will charge my phone from flat to full a couple of times before it's empty. It's quick to charge up whatever device you plug in and recharging the Anker itself is also a relatively quick process, given its capacity.

Aesthetically, it's a lovely device to hold and the matte grey exterior looks great. There are 2 simple ports for charging and plugging in your micro-USB device. The basic LED display informing you of the remaining charge is exactly as functional as it needs to be and claims that it barely taxes the battery at all.

It comes with a material carry case and required leads. I sling this in every bag I take out of the house as it's tiny and very light. Ideal for camping/commuting/flying/whatever.

Aeropress Coffee Maker + Extra 350 Micro Filters - Aerobie
Aeropress Coffee Maker + Extra 350 Micro Filters - Aerobie
Offered by Design 55 online

5.0 out of 5 stars Really great coffee press, 14 July 2014
I'm a big fan of pressing my own coffee and this machine makes it quick and easy. It's so easy to pop this over any mug and start pressing your own coffee.

All of the parts feel well manufactured and I've got no worries about any of it breaking or otherwise becoming unusable. It's also super easy to clean, which is a key factor. It rarely needs more than a simple rinse to be ready for your next use.

It's also easy to break it down into several parts and the whole thing doesn't demand too much space in terms of storage.

Pick yourself up a Hario grinding mill at the same time and get ready for some great coffee!

Hario MSS-1B 1-Piece Coffee Mini Mill Slim Grinder
Hario MSS-1B 1-Piece Coffee Mini Mill Slim Grinder

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid and useful, 14 July 2014
Really great little grinder. Simple to use and doesn't require much maintenance.

Loses a star as it would be useful to have some numeric indicator of how fine a grind it is set to. At the moment I have to remember how many turns I've given it.

Hoover Rush Pets TCR4233 Bagless Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner - 2300 Watt
Hoover Rush Pets TCR4233 Bagless Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner - 2300 Watt

2.0 out of 5 stars If you like cleaning hoovers, this is the one for you, 14 July 2014
'Saves time!' it jauntily says on the side of this Hoover. This might be true but it also assumes that you spend at least 20 minutes diligently cleaning every single facet of the vacuum cleaner after every use.

We have one small dog who does, admittedly, shed quite a bit of hair. I hoover the house every few days and never have I been able to effectively use this hoover more than once in a row.

For a hoover which is designed for pet hair there seems to be several windy tubes in the interior; perfect for getting hair stuck at every turn. Once I'm finished hoovering I have to remove the main section, take off the top, pop out the filter, release the end of container, pull hair out of the intake, clean the filter, pull the hair out of the connector between the body and container etc etc.It's a pain and our patio is covered in ironic dust and hair from having to repeat this process each time.

The power cable seems short to me (I've not owned a great many hoovers) and given that our house is relatively small, the cable will reach for about 1.5 rooms, which is slightly irritating.

The wheels on which the hoover moves around have a subtle, low profile feel to them and are guaranteed to get stuck on literally every single doorway and piece of furniture which you own. This hoover is so frustrating that I feel like it hates me and wants me to die.

Avoids a one star review because it's relatively compact and easy to store.

Beard Oil - Beard Conditioning Oil by Percy Nobleman - A Beard Softener and Deep Conditioner For Men (100ml)
Offered by F&MCosmetics

4.0 out of 5 stars Best beard oil I've used, 9 April 2014
This beard oil is really nice, it leaves my beard feeling much softer and makes it nice and shiny too. If anything, it's actually a little too shiny initially and I can't leave the house for the next 45 minutes otherwise I look like I'm glittering.

Otherwise, it's not bad in terms of value for money. I use a couple of pumps a day and the level has barely moved, it will certainly last me a couple of months.

Loses a star as I think it's a little expensive for what it is still, even though all beard is!

ELTD® PU Leather Smart Cover Case For LG G Pad 8.3 With Stand Function (For LG G Pad 8.3, BlackIII)
Offered by X-FlashBox

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks smart and neat, 18 Mar 2014
I don't particularly like covers and never use on for my phone. I think that if you've bought something you think looks great, don't hide it, but I can see the benefits a little more for a tablet which gets slung in my bag all the time (rather than the safety of a pocket)

As a cover, this is a great product. The build is solid and feels sturdy enough to protect the G Pad when dropped. It's also relatively inoffensive in that it's not big a bulky, which I appreciate. It also doesn't add too much weight and fits snugly around the device.

The look of it is pretty sleek and very professional. I take it to meetings with me and think that the cover is perfectly suited to a business environment, if required.

The cover can be folded into a stand which, while it doesn't seem to fit together brilliantly, never collapses! It's good at holding the device in place when watching TV/video.

One slight negative is that the magnetic clasp feels a little underpowered in terms of keeping the flip cover in place. It has not happened, but I feel like it might at some point.

Otherwise, I really like this product and would recommend it to others.

Duracell Plus AA 4 + 4 Free (8 Pack)
Duracell Plus AA 4 + 4 Free (8 Pack)
Offered by Sivitec_Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Astounding batteries, 5 Mar 2014
I don't want to fill this review with hyperbole, but I'm going to.

These batteries are unlike any which I have previously purchased. They power gadgets with more enthusiasm than I have ever experienced from a battery. Remote control cars and TV zappers won't know what's hit them when you slap in one of these bad boys.

A truly stunning deal for an outstanding product.

Ear Force X12, AMZ FFP (Xbox 360/PC DVD)
Ear Force X12, AMZ FFP (Xbox 360/PC DVD)

4.0 out of 5 stars Impressive but not perfect, 28 Feb 2014
I purchased these headphones as my original headset died. I decided that I might as well go for headphones which route all sounds through them over chat functions only, to spare others in the house...

The set up is a little complicated. I decided to not purchase the adaptor which many people seem to require as I have so many cables I thought I'd be able to sort something out. As it turns out, the red and white SCART ports which I have on the TV didn't work, they must be input only or dedicated for some SCART source. My TV, however, does have a headphone jack which the headphones work with. I'd urge everyone to check this themselves first, as I'm sure many TV's do have this!

Negatives first:
1) When I plugged in the mic to my controller, the static noise was overwhelming. The reason for this is that I had my play and charge kit plugged in, which interferes with the signal. It's a little irritating, but just one of those things you have to deal with. I don't have it plugged in often so it's no real worry.

2) Outside of the play and charge kit, there is an audible hiss in the headphones. It's not too loud, but it is there.To be honest, I've not played a game yet which is quiet enough for it to be heard over the gameplay, although I can imagine it being noticeable in quieter games with more vocals over action noise.

However, there is one main positive and it's a big one - the sound is fantastic. Playing GTA it is possible to hear the click of gears as you change up and, when getting out of a car, you can hear the tick of the engine cooling down. These are things which I never noticed when playing the audio through the TV and is indicative of the quality of the output. I was really impressed that headphones which are not that expensive would output such crisp audio.

The mic is also good, with voice seemingly transmitted clearly and audibly (according to others). It's a really useful feature to be able to control chat and in game volume separately. The bass booster is also a great inclusion and really makes an impact; it's a setting which I change from game to game.

The headphones themselves are comfortable and fit even my slightly large head. I could wear them for extended periods with no discomfort.

All in all, really impressed. The sound is fantastic for the price and the additional features of separate voice and game volumes, as well as a bass booster, are appreciated. Loses one star for that hiss in quieter moments, but it really is negligible.

FSC Cantamega 2000 90 Tablets
FSC Cantamega 2000 90 Tablets
Offered by Verdure Plus

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value and beneficial, 24 Feb 2014
I've been using these tablets for nearly a year and really like the benefits which I feel they give. I take one each morning and do feel like I can feel a difference in energy and concentration levels when I forget!

They're also pretty good value, coming in a little less than I would expect for a product like this. I've compared the nutritional information to that of a similar product from Holland & Barrett (for example) and the vitamin concentration levels are favourable here.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3