Profile for Olly P > Reviews

Content by Olly P

Olly P (Guildford)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
High Strength Omega 3 Fish Oil 1000mg (360 Capsules)
High Strength Omega 3 Fish Oil 1000mg (360 Capsules)
Offered by Transforme

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent value fish oil capsules, 13 Feb. 2015
Better value than you'll find on the high street but otherwise largely the same product. As always with fish oil the capsules are rather large but go down pretty easily.

Cards Against Humanity: UK edition
Cards Against Humanity: UK edition
Offered by Cards Against Humanity, LLC.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good fun, suitably offensive, 13 Feb. 2015
If you're someone with loose morals who knows other people with loose morals, you'll likely enjoy this game. It's key to play with people who aren't idiots, as some of the cards are only funny if you're not stupid.

I'd also recommend keeping the game on the shorter side - 30-45 minutes is good. After that it can get a little repetitive. I'd also recommend mixing it with alcohol; a game played at 22.30 is infinitely more funny than one played at 18.00.

Forthglade Natural Menu Multicase, 395 g, Pack of 12
Forthglade Natural Menu Multicase, 395 g, Pack of 12

4.0 out of 5 stars Best wet food I've come across, 13 Feb. 2015
For wet food which isn't chock-a-block full of sugar and other rubbish, I think these are very well priced. They seem to last a long time in the fridge (we have a small pooch) and she certainly seems to see it away with relish (not actual relish, I mean she enjoys them)

The plastic trays are easy to stack and store and mean you can dispose of the box right off the bat. I'm sure the flavours are lovely. I've not tried them myself and the dog has yet to effectively let me know which one she likes best.

Bought one box as a test and have now got them on subscription.

Star Wars Mug, A New Hope, Officially Licensed, Gift Boxed
Star Wars Mug, A New Hope, Officially Licensed, Gift Boxed
Offered by Gifts For All 1

4.0 out of 5 stars Classic Star Wars mug, 22 Sept. 2014
Nice mug, very solid construction and a decent size.

I like the image used, it's a great reminder of the original series.

Callaway Hex Warbird Golf Balls - White, 1.683 Inch
Callaway Hex Warbird Golf Balls - White, 1.683 Inch
Offered by Langham golf

4.0 out of 5 stars Yep, they're golf balls, 27 Aug. 2014
Round, dimpled and white, these are ideal golf balls for anyone looking for a hack on the links. I am able to slice, top and hook these just as well as I do any other ball. They are also simple to lose; I simply swing the club badly and - poof - they're gone.

Key feature - they say Warbird on them, which makes them sound really cool.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 4, 2014 10:05 AM GMT

Anker® 2nd Gen Astro 6000mAh (2A Output) Portable Power Bank Pack External Battery USB Charger with PowerIQ™ Technology for iPhone 6 5S 5C 5 4S, iPad Air, mini, Galaxy S5 S4 S3, Note 4 3, Galaxy Tab 4 3 2, Pro, Nexus, HTC One, MOTO X G, LG Optimus, PS Vita, Gopro, most other Phones and Tablets
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little product, 25 July 2014
This small Anker battery is a fantastic portable charger. I bought it while on sale and for the money, it's a great product.

The decent 6000mAh charge which it holds will charge my phone from flat to full a couple of times before it's empty. It's quick to charge up whatever device you plug in and recharging the Anker itself is also a relatively quick process, given its capacity.

Aesthetically, it's a lovely device to hold and the matte grey exterior looks great. There are 2 simple ports for charging and plugging in your micro-USB device. The basic LED display informing you of the remaining charge is exactly as functional as it needs to be and claims that it barely taxes the battery at all.

It comes with a material carry case and required leads. I sling this in every bag I take out of the house as it's tiny and very light. Ideal for camping/commuting/flying/whatever.

Aeropress Coffee Maker + Extra 350 Micro Filters - Aerobie
Aeropress Coffee Maker + Extra 350 Micro Filters - Aerobie
Offered by Design 55 online

5.0 out of 5 stars Really great coffee press, 14 July 2014
I'm a big fan of pressing my own coffee and this machine makes it quick and easy. It's so easy to pop this over any mug and start pressing your own coffee.

All of the parts feel well manufactured and I've got no worries about any of it breaking or otherwise becoming unusable. It's also super easy to clean, which is a key factor. It rarely needs more than a simple rinse to be ready for your next use.

It's also easy to break it down into several parts and the whole thing doesn't demand too much space in terms of storage.

Pick yourself up a Hario grinding mill at the same time and get ready for some great coffee!

Hario MSS-1B 1-Piece Coffee Mini Mill Slim Grinder
Hario MSS-1B 1-Piece Coffee Mini Mill Slim Grinder

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid and useful, 14 July 2014
Really great little grinder. Simple to use and doesn't require much maintenance.

Loses a star as it would be useful to have some numeric indicator of how fine a grind it is set to. At the moment I have to remember how many turns I've given it.

Hoover Rush Pets TCR4233 Bagless Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner - 2300 Watt
Hoover Rush Pets TCR4233 Bagless Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner - 2300 Watt

2.0 out of 5 stars If you like cleaning hoovers, this is the one for you, 14 July 2014
'Saves time!' it jauntily says on the side of this Hoover. This might be true but it also assumes that you spend at least 20 minutes diligently cleaning every single facet of the vacuum cleaner after every use.

We have one small dog who does, admittedly, shed quite a bit of hair. I hoover the house every few days and never have I been able to effectively use this hoover more than once in a row.

For a hoover which is designed for pet hair there seems to be several windy tubes in the interior; perfect for getting hair stuck at every turn. Once I'm finished hoovering I have to remove the main section, take off the top, pop out the filter, release the end of container, pull hair out of the intake, clean the filter, pull the hair out of the connector between the body and container etc etc.It's a pain and our patio is covered in ironic dust and hair from having to repeat this process each time.

The power cable seems short to me (I've not owned a great many hoovers) and given that our house is relatively small, the cable will reach for about 1.5 rooms, which is slightly irritating.

The wheels on which the hoover moves around have a subtle, low profile feel to them and are guaranteed to get stuck on literally every single doorway and piece of furniture which you own. This hoover is so frustrating that I feel like it hates me and wants me to die.

Avoids a one star review because it's relatively compact and easy to store.

Beard Oil - Beard Conditioning Oil by Percy Nobleman - A Beard Softener and Deep Conditioner For Men (100ml)
Offered by F&MCosmetics

4.0 out of 5 stars Best beard oil I've used, 9 April 2014
This beard oil is really nice, it leaves my beard feeling much softer and makes it nice and shiny too. If anything, it's actually a little too shiny initially and I can't leave the house for the next 45 minutes otherwise I look like I'm glittering.

Otherwise, it's not bad in terms of value for money. I use a couple of pumps a day and the level has barely moved, it will certainly last me a couple of months.

Loses a star as I think it's a little expensive for what it is still, even though all beard is!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3