Profile for Me, Myself and I > Reviews

Content by Me, Myself and I

Me, Myself and I "Kezz" (England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Sunday Morning Quilts
Sunday Morning Quilts
by Amanda Jean Nyberg

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 4 Feb 2013
This review is from: Sunday Morning Quilts (Paperback)
I devoured this book cover to cover on Saturday morning with two cups of tea. It is just one of those books that you have to keep reading to see what is inside.

Many great projects inside and very informative. Finally a MODERN quilting book with fresh lovely fabrics - at last as many books on this topic appear to be uninspiring and old fashioned.

I am pleased to say that i will definately be making one or two items from this book, so although it will look great added to my vast selection of sewing books it will be well used and loaned too.

A Passion for Quilting
A Passion for Quilting
by Nicki Trench

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational little book, 30 Jan 2013
This review is from: A Passion for Quilting (Paperback)
I have many sewing books (have a bit of an obsession really) but this book has still inspired me to attempt a couple of the projects inside. The photographs inside are beautiful and this combined wiht the authors writing style about ignoring people who claim ''you shouldn't do it like that!'' This is one of the reasons that i have steered clear from quilting but still love the books. However, i have been to my local sewing shop and purchased a walking foot, 1/4'' foot and other bits and pieces so here goes...

Off to my sewing room!

Quilting in No Time: 50 Step-by-step Weekend Projects Made Easy
Quilting in No Time: 50 Step-by-step Weekend Projects Made Easy
by Emma Hardy

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok nothing more nothing less!, 6 Jan 2013
There are some nice projects in this book, but there appears to be anything new or that has not been seen or done before. As a beginner sewer I thought I would attempt some simple quilting/ patchwork however it seems the instructions are not very clear. I would prefer proper photographs in the instructions rather than sketches. It is annoying that you buy a book and then need to go onto the Internet to research some more indepth instructions. Could be better!!!

Cath Kidston Small Diary 2013
Cath Kidston Small Diary 2013
by Cath Kidston
Edition: Diary

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely but..., 30 Dec 2012
I love this diary as it has so much additional space for notes (right side of each week spread), lists (clear wallet at the back), contacts area, notes area. However, the one bug bear that i have is that as a writer who loves a rollerball or fountain pen this diary is not suitable as the ink shows through to the otherside. This is highly irritating for someone who loves clean fresh tidy pages. But still this does not detract from the fact that this is a nice little diary.

The Secret Garden
The Secret Garden

5.0 out of 5 stars Favourite book EVER, 9 Dec 2012
This review is from: The Secret Garden (Kindle Edition)
This is the book as a child that captured my heart and started my love of books. It is an amazing story and something that is so innocent and heart warming. I cannot wait to escape back into this world and see if the images match up to my own imagination.

Nigellissima: Instant Italian Inspiration
Nigellissima: Instant Italian Inspiration
by Nigella Lawson

2.0 out of 5 stars Nigella fan, but oh so disappointed., 9 Dec 2012
I have every single one of Nigella's books as i really like her and her food. However, this book is to put it bluntly - dreadful. I think that the food within it is disappointing and not her usual style. I think there are only 2 recipes within the whole cookery book that i would consider cooking.

Totally annoyed that i bought this book, if only i had discovered its lack lustre style i would have returned it, but it is too late now.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 24, 2013 10:29 AM BST

The Distant Hours
The Distant Hours

4.0 out of 5 stars Another great transporting read., 21 Nov 2012
This review is from: The Distant Hours (Kindle Edition)
Although this book is a whopper i felt that it did not drag on as had been previously commented on. Instead i enjoyed the total escapism that it provided me.

All the intermingled tales and gothic story line certainly had me with the kindle light on way into the night.

A great read.

Safe House
Safe House

5.0 out of 5 stars Devoured in a day, 21 Nov 2012
This review is from: Safe House (Kindle Edition)
I thoroughly recommend this book it totally had me gripped from the first chapter, so much so that i had to devour it all in one day.

I found that it was gripping, edgy and i was unable to predict the ending, which makes something so much more interesting to read.

Could not recommend this book highly enough.

The Boy Who Sneaks in my Bedroom Window
The Boy Who Sneaks in my Bedroom Window

3.0 out of 5 stars Unsure how to rate, 13 Sep 2012
There were elements where i couldn't put this book down and then others where i was having to skip lines and paragraphs.
Quite disappointed as i was recommended to read this book by a friend and feel that it is one book that i did not need to download and read before others that i have stored on my kindle.

Oh well, some you like, some you love and some remain with you unfortunately this is an ok book for me.

Trafficked: The Terrifying True Story of a British Girl Forced into the Sex Trade

5.0 out of 5 stars Stangely a fantastic gripping read, 8 Sep 2012
I really thought that this would make me feel guilty to be reading such a harrowing genre but it was surprisingly gripping. I was desperate for her to run-away and speak the code to her mother throughout the story. but what this book did provide was an amazement of how far such young woman could come and succeed in her life after such horrific experiences.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8