Profile for Mummy > Reviews

Content by Mummy

Mummy "Mum of Three" (Scotland)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
USA Gear DSLR Backpack Rucksack Bag with Waterproof Rain Cover , Adjustable Lens Storage , Quick Access Camera Pockets & Padded Crossbody Sling Strap - Will hold Canon EOS 700D , 750D , 1200D / Nikon D3200 , D3300 , D5500 / Sony , Pentax , Samsung , Fujifilm & Accessories
Offered by Accessory Genie

5.0 out of 5 stars Medium size makes perfect Type 1 Diabetes kit bag, 9 Aug. 2015
My son has Type 1 diabetes so I am always searching for the perfect bag to carry all his supplies. I think this may be it. I got the medium size bag (the smaller version) and had feared it might be too small but it is well thought out and carries more than you would expect.

I have 8 bottles of glucojuice, 4 school bars and my mobile phone in the top compartment. I took out all the removable inner compartments and managed to fit an entire Desang Classic kit bag (which holds all his pens etc) plus the carbs and cals book, tissues purse and extra snacks. I put more school bars cocopop snack bars in the inner front pockets and a small travel Sharps Bin (0.2 Litre) in the inner side pocket. When I needed to dispose of a needle I just unzipped the side pocket. (Both side pockets open onto the main compartment. It has plenty of straps to attach pocket gadget bags but I found I had more than enough room. I did keep the extra supplies that are no required daily in a separate bag but if I had gone for the larger bag this might not have been necessary.

There is a mesh pocket on the inner flap of the top compartment so you could put in a small icepack (the type used for lunchboxes) but I use mine for holding a medical info card. It has a single shoulder strap which can be adjusted for left or tight use.

Strong, well made, roomier than expected and well thought out.

Damero Molle Gadget Pouch Small Tactical Accessory Bag (Black)
Damero Molle Gadget Pouch Small Tactical Accessory Bag (Black)
Offered by Denso

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect minimal Type 1 Kit bag, 9 Aug. 2015
Purchased this for my Type 1 Diabetic son to keep his kit in when he goes out to play. He has lost several tubes of glucose when putting them in his pocket so this is perfect as it has straps that snap through a belt. It's just like having a couple of extra pockets. I was worried it might be a bit bulky but it doesn't look too big on a skinny 8 year old. I did try a slightly larger gadget pouch (different brand) but it was too big and kept weighing down the belt so this one is just perfect.

I can fit a monitor (Glucomen LX Plus), finger pricker, test strips for glucose and ketones, glucojuice and a school bar in the main compartment. I have diawipes and a small zip bag of cotton wool and spare lancets in the outer pocket. Also has outer pen pockets so I plan to put a biro in for him. The two pots of test strips take up a lot of the room so I thought of using a single DS card case to carry a small amount of strips for daily use, one each for glucose and ketones. I tried this with a spare case and glucomen and accucheck strips will fit. The single DS case was actually the perfect size for the strips. Accuchek one bent ever so slightly. Glucomen LX strips fit really well. While it did reduce the bulk in the kit, they are a bit fiddly and I'm worried the test strips will fly out and end up all over the floor. To be safe I have reverted back to the original test strip pot but putting both strips in 1 pot and made a colour coded label for the outside. Also the pot is light proof.

He is not injecting by himself yet so he is not carrying insulin pens. This would not be suitable for that anyway as the pen pockets are not wide enough. Really just wanted something to help him be a little more independent and would be suitable for school as well.

Running/Jogging Belt-Waist Organiser Pack-Perfect for Workout, Fitness, Training, Sports, Gym-Phone & Money Holder-Belt with Key Hook-Stretchable Waistband-Four Pockets-Unisex-Lifetime Guarantee-Fashionable Running Belt
Offered by 2bFIT
Price: £20.99 - £22.99

3.0 out of 5 stars OK with small flat items. Not for heavy/bulky items., 21 July 2015
First thing to say is that I purchased this to use as a diabetic kit for my son who is 8 years old (and VERY SKINNY). Purchased the XS size as it is the smallest (he has a 21" waist) and he could easily wear this. It is basically a jersey band with 4 pockets. 2 in the front and at at the back, you step into it and pull it up around your waist. The pockets are open and I think some sort of zip closure would have been better to stop heavier items falling out.

I managed to fit quite a lot in. Two testing monitors (glucose and ketone), testing strips for both, finger pricker, small zip bag with cottonballs (could probably fit a few spare lancets in with these) a bottle of glucojuice OR two tubes of glucogel, pack of diawipes.
So far so good, but when he tried it on again he felt it sagged a bit and the weightier items moved around.I could see his glucose monitor poking out. It also looked too bulky under his t-shirt. Probably would be OK if just doing a little strolling around but this is an active and boisterous 8 year old so this is not going to be the solution for us.

In short if you want this as a running belt and don't take to much bulky stuff it is probably quite good. It has a fair bit of stretch the key tag can either be worn out at the side or tucked into the back pocket.

Spibelt - Kids Black
Spibelt - Kids Black
Offered by Funky Pumpers Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Not for testing kit/glucose supply use, 18 July 2015
This review is from: Spibelt - Kids (Misc.)
Good belt if you are a pump user. My son is not. I found these by searching for running belts as I wanted something he could keep testing monitor and bits as well as glucose in that would fit discreetly under school uniform. Also he has a very small waist so this was about all I could find in his size.
I could fit an Aviva Nanometer and mulitclix finger pricker in this. There was also room for a tube of glucogel and a small plastic sip bag with cotton ball. as well as a bottle of test strips.
If that was all I wanted to put in this would be perfect but I was also hoping to fit in a pack of diawipes and possible a bottle of glucojuice. It does expand a bit but not enough to hold all that I would like. Now this would be OK if you have other pockets for things to go in but my son has a habit of losing things (even lost his tube of glucose tablets) so I wanted it all in one place.
It's good but not what I was looking for. It may be right for you though depending on what you want it for.
Keeping it in case he goes on a pump in future.

3 Pack Boolavard (TM) - The Ultimate comfort Bra. Seamless Support Comfort Sport Stretch Action Leisure Black White Nude (S:76-81cm(30A-30B))
Offered by Boolevard Cosmetics Ltd. (UK Seller)

5.0 out of 5 stars comfy, 16 July 2015
Good set. Would purchase these again.

MOFRED Spiral Slicer Spiralizer Complete Bundle - Vegetable Cutter - Courgette Pasta Spaghetti Noodle Maker

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Gadget, 16 July 2015
Great little gadget. I've only done cucumber so far but that was very simple and quick to do and it was easy to wash.

N.4030A Kids Safe, 4.5" Blunt Tip Scissors With Protective Cover- Buy 1 Get 1 Free Offer!
Offered by Well Made Tools

5.0 out of 5 stars Good scissors, 16 July 2015
Great pair of scissors that cut well. Love the cover. Unexpected bonus was an extra set for free (special promotion, not sure how long this is valid for).

STREET ESSENTIALS Boys Cotton Rich Socks 5 Pack Coloured Heel And Toe
STREET ESSENTIALS Boys Cotton Rich Socks 5 Pack Coloured Heel And Toe
Offered by Metzuyan Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality., 16 July 2015
Nice set of socks.

Puma Icra Sd, Unisex-Adults' Running Shoes, Turbulence/Sharp Green, 3.5 UK
Puma Icra Sd, Unisex-Adults' Running Shoes, Turbulence/Sharp Green, 3.5 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars We do not all want to wear pink!, 16 July 2015
My daughter is pleased with these as almost everything else in her size for girls was pink.
She does not do pink.

L'oreal Hair Mascara Golden Miracle
L'oreal Hair Mascara Golden Miracle
Offered by Art Apparel

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast delivery, 16 July 2015
Fast delivery. Not much else to say, product quite good.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20