Profile for N. B. Werner > Reviews

Content by N. B. Werner

N. B. Werner (Hove, U.K.)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Bags World High Quality Handmade bags 100% Crazy horse HANDMADE Leather Men's Briefcase Tote Laptop Messenger Bag Handbag ,Vintage Tan Leather Brown ,15"L x 2.5"W x 11.5"H,Dark Brown (Dark Brown)
Offered by Bags World

5.0 out of 5 stars I Really Like This Bag, 21 Jun. 2015
I have had the bag for a few weeks now and it is just what I wanted. It fits my kindle on one of the outer pockets, shuts neatly and - let's be honest - looks great!

When Do I Get My Shoelaces Back?.....a Diary of a Psychotic Breakdown.
When Do I Get My Shoelaces Back?.....a Diary of a Psychotic Breakdown.
by Suzy Johnston

3.0 out of 5 stars Life on a psych ward, 21 Jun. 2015
A compelling, if somewhat relentless, account of one person's journey to recovery during a 7 1/2 month stay on a psychiatric ward.

So Long, See You Tomorrow
So Long, See You Tomorrow

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Album, 25 Feb. 2015
Another great album from one of my favourite bands

Elite Cycling Project  Running Headband Ear Warmer - Black, One Size
Elite Cycling Project Running Headband Ear Warmer - Black, One Size
Offered by GetYourselfFitter

5.0 out of 5 stars Toasty Ears, 25 Feb. 2015
It keeps my ears warm! What else is there to say?!

Play To Win
Play To Win
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great album from Gabrielle, 25 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Play To Win (Audio CD)
I haven't listened to her for ages. This was an impulse buy and I don't regret it!

Lot Of 10 KNIT KIPPA KIPPAH kippot YARMULKES NEW Sealed

The Witches Within Westminster
The Witches Within Westminster
by Peter Buckland

4.0 out of 5 stars Rage Against the Machine, 7 Sept. 2014
This book is searing polemic against the forces of inertia, political expediency and fatally unatural farming practices. The author is not an agricultural activist. He is not a political journalist.He is someone whose son, Mark, was killed by the human strain of what is popularly known as 'Mad Cow Disease' (Bovine Spongiform Encephelitus) in 2006.

There are 2 books within these covers. There is the savage expose and sustained attack on the political establishment of the 1980s and 90s when the lack of political will coupled with the aloof ideaology of free market economics literally poisoned the bloodstream of the NHS. And then there is the howl of the author as he describes the steady decline of his son's health. It was this strand of the book that pierced me, that pricked my eyes with tears. It was the steadiness of Buckland's pen describing the harrowing loss of his son that made me stagger and gasp for breath.

Dylan Thomas' words stalk these pages; 'Rage,rage against the dying of the light'.

But it is the opening sentence of the book that best describes what is at its heart: 'How do I move forward between the extremes of loving, and having to let go?' That is a question for all of us.

A Place of Greater Safety
A Place of Greater Safety
by Hilary Mantel

5.0 out of 5 stars A Breath - taking Read, 29 Jan. 2013
I've just finished this incredible novel of the French Revolution. Mind - bogglingly good. Her first (rejected) novel. It follows the lives of some of the central characters of the French Revolution depicting them in a nuanced way that brings them to life. A page-turning literary read.

New Finnish Grammar (Dedalus Europe 2011)
New Finnish Grammar (Dedalus Europe 2011)
by Diego Marani

5.0 out of 5 stars A Tale of Memory, 2 Dec. 2012
This astonishing book will stay with me for a very long time. I'm not one for re - reading books,but I know I will re - read this one.It is drenched in atmosphere of the period and place. This examination of memory will live with you for a long, long time.

The Trial by Franz Kafka. (With Linked TOC) (Kindle Edition)
The Trial by Franz Kafka. (With Linked TOC) (Kindle Edition)

2.0 out of 5 stars A Big Disappointment, 10 Aug. 2012
I was really disappointed by this 'classic'. I felt that it took a long time to get going, and when it did, the end felt like a cheat.
On the plus side,there were undoubted echoes of the modern Control Orders and the Post 9/11 justice system.
Can someone please explain this book's towering reputation to me, please?
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 28, 2015 12:35 PM BST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3