Profile for Betty Red > Reviews

Content by Betty Red

Betty Red "Nooberry" (UK)

Over The Knee (Nexus Enthusiast)
Over The Knee (Nexus Enthusiast)
by Fiona Locke

5.0 out of 5 stars Lives up to the hype., 20 April 2010
This book is, quite simply, brilliant. If you are a fan of spanking, caning and birching and seeing a submissive girl being given strict punishment in public and private situations then this is for you. However, it must be said that if you tend to view spanking as a prelude to sex or other extreme forms of punishment, you may well be diappointed. This semi-autobiographical book focuses on a women's passion for being a schoolgirl, and receiving corporal punishent repeatedly over the knee or bent over a chair or the birching block etc....and whilst there are some instances of 'extra attention', for the most part, the spanking (which is described in deliciously wonderful detail) is the main feature of all episodes in this book. Which, for a lot of us, is perfect.

The Toybag Guide to Canes & Caning
The Toybag Guide to Canes & Caning
by Janet W. Hardy

4.0 out of 5 stars Instructive for both ends!, 20 April 2010
I thoroughly reccommend this book for both beginners in the scene of CP and those somewhat more experienced. Told from an obviously honest enthusiasts point of view - although brief, is extremely to the point. I wouldn't reccommend it for a saucy secret santa, but if you know someone who has a burgeoning interest, then certainly this book is a must!

On the Bare (Nexus)
On the Bare (Nexus)
by Fiona Locke
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant - but more Professor next time please!, 20 April 2010
This book follows on from the succesful 'over the knee' and, whilst the short stories are excititng and varied, my only regret is that there was but one story with the professor from the first book. Still - a very, very enjoyable schoolgirl Cp read.

The Indulgences of Isabelle (Nexus)
The Indulgences of Isabelle (Nexus)
by Penny Birch
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

1.0 out of 5 stars Erm....which audience are you targeting exactly?, 20 April 2010
I admit this is my first 'Isabelle' book, but nontheless I feel adequately able to venture a viewpoint that it will certainly be my last and, for that matter, my last ever encounter with Penny Birch. I found myself utterly, utterly confused by her writing. Firstly, I expected the book to cover female on female domination and spanking, which it does, but in such a way that you feel it is targeting a male reader rather than someone who has a more personal interest in 'women's activities'! This book seems determined to present a rather degrading (I'm not knocking it - just stating it as I see it) viewpoint of domination, focused almost entirely on male satisfaction. And, whilst I don't want this to come off as some sort of raving feminist speech, beleive me, I'm not like that, I just wanted to warn you - if you want a good classic story about schoolgirls and college students and a bit of CP - DON'T BUY IT!!

Concepts of Modern Art: From Fauvism to Postmodernism (World of Art)
Concepts of Modern Art: From Fauvism to Postmodernism (World of Art)
by Nikos Stangos

5.0 out of 5 stars Art Degree Dissertation Essential, 9 Feb. 2010
This book was invaluable to me whilst writing my fine art dissertation. It covers most genres of 'art' and in more detail than you'd expect. It gives quotes from people you've not read a million times, and therefore it is unlikely your lecturers have - bonus marks for being original, and, it gives you a complete bibliography including where these quotes came from. Also, aside from the educational merit, it is a really, really interesting read.

Dylan Moran Live - What It Is [DVD]
Dylan Moran Live - What It Is [DVD]
Offered by Bee-Entertained

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it - Buy it now!, 9 Feb. 2010
I saw Dylan Moran perform this 'what it is' at the Apollo in London, and assumed that would be the recording that got put on the DVD. However, it is actually filmed in Sydney, so it's lovely to get a change of scene. As per usual, Mr Moran is hilariously synical, although a little part of me thinks he's mellowed somewhat since the arrival of 'Monster'. Absolutely brilliant though, and I recommend you buy it immediately!