Profile for Matthew.J.Wilkins > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Hoka
Hoka

5.0 out of 5 stars A little bit of medicine for everyone....., 10 Jun. 2016
This review is from: Hoka (MP3 Download)
I must be honest here, the sound of Nahko and Medicine for the people has changed from its older days. Not for better or for worse I might add, it has just simply evolved with the potentials of the band and rightly so. Personally, I do find myself resonating more with their older sound and style, however, the intent that continues to radiate through their music is just as (if not even more) profound than anything that has been before and for that I find myself drawn to this album in a completely different way.

I am so chuffed that awareness and love for this wonderful band continues to grow. I believe that with this collection of songs they have created a medium that shines on so many levels, allowing vibratory alignment with the hearts and minds of even more people than anything that has gone before it. This is an album that doesn't seek to exclude, but unify and this is evident in the range of what they have created. Despite not all of it being "musically" to my taste, I must say that I still found so many moments of joy here, especially in how Nahko presents and delivers his lyrics.

I'm just so damn excited and grateful that this album is here and look forward to it being part of my journey for the days to come.

On the Verge
On the Verge

5.0 out of 5 stars True medicine, 8 Mar. 2015
This review is from: On the Verge (Audio CD)
What can I say. Nahko and Medicine for the people are a benevolent band of remembrance ... of the now ... of a deep deep wisdom we all hold innately within. You don't need my words to understand the importance of this music. You just need to open yourself to listen to it and allow it to listen to you.

Whether it be their rustic street performances on YouTube, their polished studio recordings or the phenomenal spaces of joy they create live, there is a profound intention inside this music that will resonate with the innate truth and spirit of every heart incarnate. It certainly has with mine.....

Dark As Night
Dark As Night

5.0 out of 5 stars True medicine, 22 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Dark As Night (Audio CD)

Wash It Away
Wash It Away

5.0 out of 5 stars True medicine, 22 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Wash It Away (MP3 Download)

From the beautiful rustic street performances on YouTube to the more polished studio recordings such as this, this bands intent oozes through their music. This is art. This is truth. This is medicine.

The Morning Ritual Blueprint - How to Wake Up Early, Energetic, and Ready to Achieve your Goals (The Morning Routine Series - Ultimate Guide to Creating a Successful Morning Ritual Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear and concise comman sense to kick start your day, 19 Jan. 2014
I like this guy. His short, yet sweet guide is bang on the money and the way he presents his advice invites the reader to give what he is saying a try. One can clearly tell that he advocates a routine that worked / still works well for him, but instead of ramming it down our throats, he instead uses his example as a guide to facilitate the reader to work out there own unique morning ritual. Thumbs up from me.

Nikola Tesla: Imagination and the Man That Invented the 20th Century
Nikola Tesla: Imagination and the Man That Invented the 20th Century

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, 6 Nov. 2013
Good little freebie introduction into the wizard that was Nikola Tesla. Perhaps the world will soon be ready to embrace such genius!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 6, 2013 7:39 PM GMT

The Four Insights: Wisdom, Power, And Grace Of The Earthkeepers
The Four Insights: Wisdom, Power, And Grace Of The Earthkeepers
by Alberto Villoldo

5.0 out of 5 stars If used respectfully, it will change your life, 6 Nov. 2013
I became away of Alberto Villoldo in documentary. His methods of self activating personal discovery and transformation are not for the light hearted and should be treated with caution and respect. However, they are deeply profound and over time, one may see how much so. We are blessed to have a man like this who can bring ancient information and present it to the modern western world in a contemporary manner. Highly recommend, but don't do alone alone, unless your are experienced with journeying within

Earth Walks for Body and Spirit: Exercises to Restore Our Sacred Bond with the Earth
by James Endredy

5.0 out of 5 stars This is great fun and deeply profound, 6 Nov. 2013
Have only done a handful of walks, but they are exactly what they say on the tin. The way James Endredy writes is also thoroughly engaging, open and honest. If you like the earth, walking and are spiritually inclined, then this is the book for you.

Fire Steel 2.0 Army Model - Light my Fire
Fire Steel 2.0 Army Model - Light my Fire

5.0 out of 5 stars My travel buddy, 6 Nov. 2013
.... Until i lost it that is! Great little tool. Once we learn t how to use it efficiently, we used for everything "spark related" whilst backpacking north America. You couldd use a lighter or a box of matches yes, but this is much more fun!

Gorilla Tape 1-inch Handy Roll
Gorilla Tape 1-inch Handy Roll

5.0 out of 5 stars Fixes everything it needs to, 6 Nov. 2013
Tents, tarps, mouse proofing, jeans! When I needed it to provide a quick fix, it has. Almost too sticky at times! Just be careful not to put on a wet surface

Page: 1 | 2