Profile for Saint Jude > Reviews

The Clash 5 Studio Albums Box Set
The Clash 5 Studio Albums Box Set
Price: 23.16

5.0 out of 5 stars Great remastering Mick!, 9 Sep 2013
Mick Jones has overseen the remastering and I'm impressed! The sound is clear, crisp and punchy. I'm no expert but have pretty decent hi-fi equipment and the albums sound fresh and vibrant to me.

The music speaks for itself but hopefully these remasters will encourage new interest. The Clash are one of the most important bands in the ever unfolding story of rock and roll.

Fantastic packaging as well. We live in an age of CD box sets and this is one of the best. I particularly like the nice touch of following the original LP ordering. For example "London Calling" is presented on 2 CDs even though it will fit on 1.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 16, 2013 9:24 PM BST

Krups Nespresso U XN250A40 Coffee Machine
Krups Nespresso U XN250A40 Coffee Machine
Price: 89.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 11 Dec 2012
This is a fantastic piece of kit and the whole Nespresso "experience" is superb. The machine is easy to install and easy to maintain. I've always wanted to enjoy good coffee at home but have never had the patience to achieve this. It's true that the capsules/pods are quite expensive (get them online from Nespresso for best deals) but you're paying for the convenience. It's as a simple as loading a capsule in and waiting for a fantastic espresso (40 ml). There's an added ristretto feature (25 ml) with this model which widens the choice, as well as the usual lungo option (110 ml). You can buy the Nespresso U model with an Aeroccino included (the Aeroccino froths milk for cappuccinos and lattes) but the Aerocino can be purchased directly from Nespresso at a later date. All in all: excellent coffee, excellent price, excellent experience.

UPDATE: I've written that the pods are quite expensive but, after a bit of research, I'm not sure that they are. If you were to buy good coffee beans, take into account wastage etc., I reckon that the Nespresso pods are pretty good value for money. Let's be honest, 30p a shot for really good espresso represents value for money.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 25, 2013 11:46 PM BST

Microsoft Wireless Comfort Desktop 5000 (Retail Packaging)
Microsoft Wireless Comfort Desktop 5000 (Retail Packaging)
Price: 42.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Yes, the shift key's a bit small but..., 14 Jan 2012
A number of reviewers have commented on the small left shift key and, yes, it's small. When I first used it I thought it would be a problem, but interestingly enough it doesn't appear to cause much of an issue. This is easily offset by the lovely feel of the keyboard - pleasure to use. Of course the picture that Amazon show is misleading as it shoes the US Version with full size left shift. This should be resolved.

The mouse is also good. I like the chunky, slightly heavy feel to it. Easy to set the whole thing up.

Netgear DGN1000 150Mbps Wireless-N Modem Router with BT Connection
Netgear DGN1000 150Mbps Wireless-N Modem Router with BT Connection
Price: 27.04

1.0 out of 5 stars Not fit for purpose, 13 Jan 2012
I tried in vain with this Modem Router and, like many others, found stability to be woefully lacking. I lost count of the number of times my son called me into the playroom because of the "naughty Netgear". I binned the unit and bought "TP-Link TD-W8960N 300MBPS Wireless N ADSL2+ Modem Router for BT connections" - great piece of kit. Avoid this particular Netgear at all costs!

TP-Link TD-W8960N 300Mbps Wireless N ADSL2+ Modem Router for Phone Line Connections
Price: 31.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great piece of kit - Great price, 13 Jan 2012
I use PlusNet and this Modem Router was easy to configure. I didn't bother with the CD as I always prefer a manual set-up. This proved to be straight forward. Works well with my Samsung mobile phone, Netgear Wireless N 300 USB Adapter and Nintendo Wii. Rock solid wireless connection (so far) and can't complain about range and speed.