Profile for Orm > Reviews

Content by Orm

Orm "Orm01" (London)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
REALMAX® 6ft Mini Display Port Thunderbolt to HDMI Cable For Macbook / Pro / Air / iMac / Microsoft surface Pro / Dell / Lenovo/ ASUS / Toshiba / HP
Offered by REALMAX®-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 8 Feb. 2016
Well made cable, works perfectly connecting MS Surface Pro 4 to Samsung 1920 x 1200 monitor.

CSL - external 2.5 " USB 3.0 ultra slim aluminium hard disk housing for 2.5" (6.4cm) S-ATA hard disks SSD / HDD | USB 3.0 + downwards compatible | incl. bag, cable, screws | for HDD hight max. 8mm | aluminium
Offered by CSL-Computer

5.0 out of 5 stars The case fits the SSD perfectly and is beautifully constructed; it is of the quality that I ..., 8 Feb. 2016
I bought this to be able to access a Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD via the USB3 port on my MS Surface Pro 4. The case fits the SSD perfectly and is beautifully constructed; it is of the quality that I would expect if I had paid 3 or 4 times the price. It is looks as good or better than most ready built external SSD devices. I use the SSD to store my lightroom images and database and also a virtual machine. So far it has worked perfectly and I get a transfer rate of around 270 MB/s. This seems to be consistent with most USB3 connected SSDs.

Trivial Pursuit The Big Bang Theory
Trivial Pursuit The Big Bang Theory

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, 3 Feb. 2016
A great party game for Big Bang fans. It can be played standalone but we chose to play it using a Trivial Pursuit board we had. The questions ranged from almost easy to ones that only a Sheldon could answer.

Tontec 150Mbps 11n USB Wifi Dongle Adapter for Raspberry Pi/Windows /Mac OS
Tontec 150Mbps 11n USB Wifi Dongle Adapter for Raspberry Pi/Windows /Mac OS
Offered by Novotech

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for Raspberry Pi, 3 Feb. 2016
I bought this to plug into my Raspberry Pi 2 and it worked straight away on Raspian with no drivers to install. The same goes with my Win 10 PC. Very straightforward to use.

Betron HDMI Switch, Switcher 5 Port, Gold Connectors, 3D support, HDMI v1.4 for HDTV, PS3, PS4, Xbox One, 360, Bluray Player, DVD Player etc (5 Port Powered)
Offered by Betron Limited ( VAT Registered)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my requirements., 3 Feb. 2016
Well constructed and works very well. To my 1080p monitor (1920 x 1200) I have connected my desktop PC, MS Surface Pro 4 tablet, Raspberry Pi and youview box to it and work fine. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the supplied power supply was not required so it appears it was being powered by one or more of the devices connected to it. The remote requires line of sight for it to work; the receiving sensor on a short lead to enable that.

HOEREV Men's Bamboo Fibre Breathable Daily Socks, Pack of 6
HOEREV Men's Bamboo Fibre Breathable Daily Socks, Pack of 6
Offered by Goods First

5.0 out of 5 stars Probably the best socks I have ever bought, 7 Nov. 2015
Probably the best socks I have ever bought. I really do hate socks but sometimes this instrument from the devil has to be worn be it for formal occasions or the winter months.
These socks fit me well and the heel part stays on the heel whatever shoes I'm wearing - if you have socks that wander around to one side you will know what I mean. Also the tops stay up without being too tight. The socks are not too thick and breathe easily thus avoiding a build up of moisture and thus preventing fungal afflictions such as athlete's foot. This is my first item of clothing made with bamboo fibre which seems to combine the best features of fine wool with cotton. However, they do look just like cotton/wool blend socks.

QUMOX decoded EN-EL15 2550mAh for Nikon D800e D7000 D800 D810 D600 D610 D750 Recharge battery pack

5.0 out of 5 stars This battery works fine in my D750 and can vouch that it holds ..., 9 Jun. 2015
My rule is to carry one more spare battery than I think I need then I can feel confident about shooting without worrying about battery capacity. At this price that strategy is quite affordable.
This battery works fine in my D750 and can vouch that it holds a full charge for at least a month, maybe longer but haven't tested it for longer. It lasts about as long as the branded battery.
I'm am very cautious about using generic batteries in my cameras: I always do the first charge with it nearby and periodically check that its temperature is normal. For its first use in the camera I will remove it from the body when not in use. This way I think I will be about to filter out the majority of dangerous failures. After that I use the battery as if it is the "genuine" branded one.

424-1 Logan 24'' Team System Plus
424-1 Logan 24'' Team System Plus

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for low volumes, 9 Jun. 2015
I have had this system for 10 years or so, preparing 2-4 of mounts a month on average, each taking about 15 mins. The result consistently look very professional, certainly ideal for most camera club competition use and the occasional exhibition mounts. Typically I'm preparing 500x400 mounts on 2mm mount board.
Tips:
- Practice your first cuts on some mount board off-cuts if you can to get the feel of it. There is a small degree of "acquiring the knack"
- Make sure your fingers and thumbs are not in the path of the cutter! If you are rushing, easy to neglect safety.
- Best use standing up so you can apply sufficient pressure on the ruler to prevent it slipping and the bevel cutter.
- Don't use the blade once it loses it edge otherwise you will end up with ragged cuts. If you start to feel it's dragging, then time for a change. Don't forget that you can turn the blade around to use the other point; I mark the blade with a permanent marker when doing that to remind me that it has already been turned. Using both edges, a blade will last me at least a dozen mounts.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Expensive, but worth it., 29 April 2015
I bought this mainly for cutting and trimming A3 photo paper. It has a very positive and clean cut, absolutely no frilling. It has a large bed so makes precision cuts easy. Robust construction, so no risk of blade jumping.
I have had a cheap A3 trimmer before and it could not be relied on for a good cut and occasionally messed up my expensive prints: Worth paying the extra for a good quality product.

5.3" Smart, Simple and Silent LED Alarm Clock w/ Date Display, Repeating Snooze and Sensor Light + Night Light (Black, White night light)
Offered by Fasun

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical, smart and inexpensive, 31 Jan. 2015
We bought two of these to pace on our bedside tables to replace a couple of mains radio alarm clock that were a bit dated (and we never used the radio).
The time shows in big numerals and is very clear. We have set it so the face illuminates only when the top button is pressed, The light stays on for c. 6 seconds. With normal room lighting or with the Sun shinning on it, it is very clear.
It smart and looks good on our light oak bedside tables.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6