Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Learn more Listen with Prime Shop Men's Shop Women's
Profile for installer > Reviews

Content by installer

installer

Bosch PMF 180 E Multifunctional Allrounder Oscillating Multi-Tool with Cutting Discs, Saw Blades and (discontinued by manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars A clever bit of kit, 1 Jan. 2012
When I purchased this it was as an alternative to a worx sonicrafter that I'd seen on a TV shopping channel but had decided was too expensive.

The Bosch being cheaper and from a brand I knew and trusted seemed like a good deal.

I was about to start some refurbishment at the shop we run and hoped this would deal with some of the problems that had cost me time a few years earlier when we first opened.

I wasn't disappointed. This little bit of kit has saved many a frustrating hunt for a tool that doesn't exist to do a one off job.

I have used it to cut sink holes for electric socket back boxes, channel in cables, cut safe holes in plasterboard, work in confined spaces above head hight (due to its light weight) cut of nails and screws in places that I would never have got a hacksaw. Cutting a slot on a tile that is already in the wall. The list does go on but you get the idea.

And best of all - because it oscillates instead of saws it created very little floating dust - just what you need when working in a shop.

I must say I haven't used the sanding capabilities much so can't help you there but the cutting of metal, plasterboard, wood and even bricks is superb. I use the small and large squared off end tool and the semi circle one.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 26, 2012 8:47 PM GMT

DarkMarket: CyberThieves, CyberCops and You
DarkMarket: CyberThieves, CyberCops and You
by Misha Glenny

5.0 out of 5 stars If you have a credit card : read this book, 21 Oct. 2011
I heard about this book from a radio 4 program. Having been the victim of credit card fraud a couple of times I found the subject matter interesting enough to warrant the purchase of the book.

I have to say that the author has managed to make a factual book read like a cloak and dagger spy novel. A great read that will truly open your eyes to the reason that after your bank refunds you for the card fraud, you never hear from them again with any kind of explanation nor why you never hear about it in the press.

Buy it, you'll start storing your cash under the mattress.

Breville VKJ142 Hot Cup
Breville VKJ142 Hot Cup

1.0 out of 5 stars when is a cup not a cup, 26 Jun. 2011
I bought this to replace my Tefal Quick cup because I couldn't get a good price on a new Tefal.

It came quick and had some really good benefits over the Tefal one of which is a built in platform for the cup with a drip tray - as the Tefal got older it used to judder and move away from the cup thus filling the worktop with hot water.

On the tefal you unclipped a water canister to fill up at the tap - the Breville unit comes off the stand much like a cordless kettle.

The Tefal gave hot water - the Breville is boiling! Better tea and easier mixing gravy. A real advantage for the Breville.

But here's the problem and the thing is it is such a big problem that it far outweighs any benefits. The designers at Breville have no concept of a cup of tea. Or come to think of it a cup of anything! I have cups. I also have mugs. If I make a cup of tea in a cup it overflows. In a mug there is no room for milk and you will spill it taking it to the sink to pour some of the water away. I have a joke mug that the kids bought me for Father's day - a huuuuge mug for a big mug. I can make tea in that.

Upon further technical investigation (I put a measuring jug under it and dispensed a 'cup' of boiling water) I found it gave me 300ml - this can hardly be called a cup. Even if you look at cooking websites a US cup is about 237ml and I have seen it rounded to 250ml.

Breville do a model with variable cup size (they must have found out the error of the original design) so if you do really want to save a bit of time and either don't drink from a bucket or don't want to have to pour a quarter of that water you just paid to heat up away every time then buy the updated model. If you just want to make tea or coffee that is ready to drink (ie not boiling) then buy the Tefal as you can pre set the quantity of water dispensed.
Comment Comments (19) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 12, 2016 6:11 PM GMT