Profile for JULIAN > Reviews

Content by JULIAN

JULIAN

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, will get better, 25 Oct 2013
Firstly, realize that this has not officially been released in the UK. If you are paying a premium don't complain!!! You are an early adopter and not buying from Amazon but a 3rd party.
Now on to the device!! Its great for watching YouTube and Netflix whilst still being able to multitask with your mobile. Tab-casting from Chrome browser works OK, but I don't really have a use for that.
Google are likely currently arranging deals with big content providers such as the BBC. There are also rumors that the mobile direct mirroring will be enabled after they have ironed out some kinks. It works across platforms and is easy to set up and its cheap!!
I love mine and look forward to additional services being added.
Soon to be added are Hulu plus (OK that is US based, but it means things are moving!) and Google drive integration for things like presentations.
When Google finally authorize others to get to work on apps that support this device, I believe we will see some cool stuff!

Google Nexus 7 FHD 2nd Gen Tablet NEWEST MODEL
Google Nexus 7 FHD 2nd Gen Tablet NEWEST MODEL
Offered by HKT TRADER LTD
Price: 149.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Brillian, 18 Oct 2013
Sold my 1st gen Nexus 7 on ebay and got this... I love it! Amazing screen, nice and snappy processor, soon to be on KitKat (Latest Android version). I got mine from the official play store though, so cant comment on delivery etc.

HTC One 32GB UK SIM Free Smartphone - Silver
HTC One 32GB UK SIM Free Smartphone - Silver
Price: 362.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best phone on the market, 7 Aug 2013
Looks like Amazon have sorted the supply issues out. Mine came correctly sealed and new with no vodafone apps on. It was even upgraded to the latest firmware version. After breaking my beloved Nexus 4 I replaced it with this... this phone is faster, has a nicer screen more memory and probably the best build quality I have ever seen on an Android. It really does rival Apples overpriced (boring) phones. I picked this over the Galaxy s4 as I feel that those are too plasticy. HTC really have upped their game on this one. For the more technically able this thing was fairly easy to root so you can stick stock android on it to have a more Google Experience phone. Personally I dont think HTC sense is too bad though! Great phone! Only downside I can see is the placing of the power button, not a big fan of it on the top. Ill get used to it though!

Bitcoin Step by Step
Bitcoin Step by Step
Price: 2.71

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating eye opener!, 6 April 2013
I can see what all the fuss is about after reading this! I was dubious but after consuming all the information I could around the subject, I think Bitcoin could be massive! This is a great start to wrap your head around what initially seems a little daunting and just for nerds.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Fun but flawed, 1 Jan 2012
These look funny... BUT sizing seemed off. I bought the large which goes up to 10, I am a 10 and after a week they had stretched so much they were falling off my feet when I walked! Also, these things malt like crazy!!! I have to hoover my bedroom once a week to suck up all the hair these things shed. They are reasonably comfortable, and reasonably warm... but for the money they should be better. I'm just going to bring mine out now and then to amuse my niece, but sadly I am searching for a better slipper to wear day to day. Disappointing.

Passionate About Homemade Wine: A Practical & No-Nonsense guide to Making Wine
Passionate About Homemade Wine: A Practical & No-Nonsense guide to Making Wine

1.0 out of 5 stars Cant resize the text on this book, 16 Dec 2010
I'm writing this review for my Mum as she couldn't read this in Kindle format as she was unable to alter the text size using her Kindle. I downloaded the sample and also verified that she wasn't going mad.

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Full Version (PC DVD), 1 User
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Full Version (PC DVD), 1 User
Offered by Areema Online
Price: 174.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 24 Oct 2009
Absolutely love this OS... simple install, no driver issues ... it even auto-detected the resolutions for my dual monitor set up.
True, its similar to Vista BUT.... there are some great new features like AeroPeek,its search function, it looks great and UAC is less annoying but still protective.... its just so easy to use.

Dont listen to the Microsoft bashing reviews, just leave them to their homebrew linux / ubuntu rubbish, where they are probably forever loading adapters / converters and who knows what in order to run simple pieces of software.

And for you XP lovers, its time to move on!

Well done Microsoft, you rule!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 2, 2009 7:22 AM GMT