Profile for Johnc > Reviews

Content by Johnc

Johnc (Bristol, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
CSL - 7.5m - CAT.6 Ethernet Gigabit Lan network cable (RJ45) | 10/100/1000Mbit/s | Patch cable / broadband cable | compatible with CAT.5 / CAT.5e / CAT.7 | black
Offered by CSL-Computer

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Quality Cable, 1 Feb. 2016
I needed a longer Ethernet cable when I re-located my router and 7.5 m proved to be the right length. I was a bit doubtful about it being black, but concealing most of the cable along the skirting board and under the edge of the carpet, where it emerges to connect to my computer, black was much less noticeable than a light colour would have been. The cable seems to be very good quality.

DSTE® NP-95 Rechargeable Li-ion Battery + DC29U Travel and Car Charger Adapter for Fujifilm FinePix F30, FinePix F31fd, FinePix Real 3D W1, FinePix X100, FinePix X30, FinePix X100T, FinePix X100LE, FinePix X100S, X-S1 and Compatible with RICOH DB-90, GXR, GXR Mount A12, GXR P10 Digatal Camera
Offered by QiaoJL

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent low cost charger for Fuji X30, 11 Jan. 2016
Disappointed when I bought my Fuji X30 that it did not include a separate charger, but happily found this one at a very reasonable price. Looks a quality item and does the perfectly.

Opt-out of Kindle Special Offers
Opt-out of Kindle Special Offers

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Disappointed, 21 Nov. 2015
I thought that paying £10 to opt out of Special Offers would enable me to change both the lock screen background and the background wallpaper of my Fire HDX. Obviously I was mistaken. The lock screen now has rather naff alternating images I can't change, and there is no way that I can see to change the depressing black background screensaver. Beginning to regret buying a Kindle Fire.

Sony SBH60 Stereo Bluetooth Headset - Black
Sony SBH60 Stereo Bluetooth Headset - Black
Offered by total digital stores

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value for Money Headphones, 31 May 2015
I have had these a few weeks and found them to be really excellent Bluetooth headphones, lightweight and comfortable, and very good sound quality. They pair easily with my iPhone 6, and without taking the phone from my pocket, I can control music tracks, pause and volume etc. from my Pebble Smartwatch which is also connected to my phone via Bluetooth. There are of course basic controls for volume on/off etc. on the phone itself. I would have liked a bag or case included for when travelling, but a rummage through my odds and sods drawer produced a nylon bag which will suffice for now.

Anker Astro E1 5200mAh Ultra Compact Portable Charger External Battery Power Bank with PowerIQ(TM) Technology for iPhone, iPad, Samsung, Nexus, HTC and More (Black)
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential Smart Phone Accessory, 21 May 2015
If you have a Smart Phone, unless your use of it is very minimal, or you have a phone with interchangeable batteries, a charger is a must have. A few months' ago I switched from a Galexy S4, for which I always carried a spare battery, to an iPhone 6. Although the battery life of the iPhone is pretty good compared to the Samsung, there were days of heavy battery usage when some means of topping up was essential, hence my purchase of the Anker Astro charger. I had previous experience of Anker products and knew them to be a good reliable brand. I have not been disappointed with this new purchase from them. The charger has a solid feel, a tad heavy for it's small size, but I suspect that is an indication of the quality of the components. It charges my iPhone quickly, I've not actually timed how long, but it's pretty fast, probably one hour, when topping up from say 50% to 100%. I particularly like the 4 LEDs which show how much charge is left. Especially considering the low price compared to other brands, I thoroughly recommend the Anker Astro E1.

Pebble Smartwatch - Black
Pebble Smartwatch - Black
Offered by Same Day Ship Services

5.0 out of 5 stars A Smart Buy, 18 May 2015
I deliberated a lot before I ordered this smart watch. Even after having ordered it I wondered if I had wasted money on a gadget I would have little use for. I am happy to say, after several days' of use, the Pebble has proved a worthwhile purchase and has lived up to my expectations. I have as yet not explored all the possibilities, but then again I wanted something simple to use without a myriad of functions I have on my iPhone anyway. As a watch it is just great, dozens of watch faces to choose from. The Notification app vibration works well and is a boon in a meeting or anywhere that your phone ringing would be embarrassing; just make sure your phone is on silent. Also excellent for notifications of incoming emails and calendar notifications, where you don't want to be constantly taking your phone out of your pocket. The Alarm function I also like, excellent where a loud alarm would wake a partner or someone in the next room. The music app I also found surprisingly useful. I can control (change tracks, volume up and down) music playing on my Bose Bluetooth enabled speaker, via my iPhone, from my wrist. Some may say, "why not pick up your phone?" But in practice there are circumstances where that is not very convenient, since it means switching on the phone etc and in the kitchen or bathroom. With the Pebble being waterproof it is not a problem. I see there is an update to the Pebble software (or should it be firmware) to coincide wth the new version of the Pebble, the Pebble Time, which is due soon. Regarding battery life, I have been using my Pebble since last Thursday morning, it is now Monday afternoon and I still have 30% of battery left even though I have used it a lot installing apps and exploring the functions. With normal use I anticipate the battery will last even longer. I am very, very pleased with my Pebble Smartwatch, especially considering the reduced price.

Apple Magic Trackpad
Apple Magic Trackpad

5.0 out of 5 stars Trackpad Magic, 26 April 2015
So used to using the trackpad on my old MacBook Pro, I missed having one when I purchased my new iMac. The Apple Magic Trackpad has proved even better. The finger gestures may take a bit of getting used to, but after a while it all becomes very intuitive. Very worthwhile buy.

AVANTEK Bluetooth 4.0 Stereo Headphones Wireless Headset [30m / 100ft Wireless Range, 24-Hour Playtime & Built-In Mic for Hands-Free Calling]

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Quality Bluetooth Headphonesp, 10 Jan. 2015
I am really pleased with the quality and performance of these Bluetooth headphones, especially considering the price. After listening to a variety of music on my iPhone, to my ears they sound great. They look and feel a quality item, nicely padded and very comfortable to wear for a long periods of time. I had no trouble pairing them with my iPhone and iPad, didn't even have to enter the 000 as the instructions said. The only thing I would have liked would be some kind of case for them, can't really complain at the price, but would certainly have paid a bit more if one was included.

MOFRED® Black Ultra Slim New Apple iPad Air 2 (Launched Oct. 2014) Leather Case Cover, Full Protection Smart Cover for iPad Air 2 iPad 6th Generation With Magnetic Auto Wake & Sleep Function + Screen Protector + Stylus Pen
Offered by MOFRED PRODUCTS

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Happy with the Morfred Case, 29 Nov. 2014
After I bought my iPad Air 2 from Apple, I visited one of their stores to buy a cover for it. I couldn't believe the price they were asking, £65! Found this one on Amazon for a fifth or less of the Apple price and decided to take a chance. I have to say I am delighted with this case. Admittedly it is not leather like the Apple one, but it is very well made. All the cut outs for the camera, volume, on/off switch, speaker etc are precisely aligned. It is very stable used in the typing or landscape viewing position, and the magnetic on/off function works every time. It is lightweight and adds very little extra thickness to the slimness of the iPad. If you want a case that offers maximum protection, at the cost of adding extra bulk and weight to your device, look elsewhere, but this one is fine for me.

Bose ® OE2 Headphones Replacement Audio Cable - Black
Bose ® OE2 Headphones Replacement Audio Cable - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Relacement Cable, 29 Nov. 2014
I got careless with my vacuum cleaner and it chewed up the original cable. This was the lowest price replacement I could find. It hasn't got volume/on off of course, but I find those in line functions too fiddly anyway, preferring to control from my iPhone. It otherwise is fine, good buy!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6