Profile for Mary Pirie > Reviews

Mary Pirie

Missa Gloria tibi Trinitas Magnificats [Tallis Scholars] [Gimell: CDGIM 045]
Missa Gloria tibi Trinitas Magnificats [Tallis Scholars] [Gimell: CDGIM 045]

5.0 out of 5 stars Divine music, 9 April 2014
This is the Tallis Scholars at their inimitable best. This music soars. It is beautiful. In fact it is near perfection.

Steepletone BT-SMC386 Compact USB Stand Alone 5-in-1 Bluetooth Retro Music Centre - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing value, 9 April 2014
I bought this having read reviews of it and others. I followed the advice in the review I read and switched off the inner speakers, adding our own, and it is terrific. I am able at last to listen to old tape compilations (made when my car had a tape player not an i-pod deck like now) with music that can't be had from downloads. Ditto LPs. It looks tinny and cheap but in the sound department it is fine.- not Sonas quality, but certainly good enough for my hearing. To get a decent sound, though, it needs better speakers than the inbuilt ones. It is easy to set up and use and is neat - no profusion of wires. It is remarkable value for money. No regrets about buying it at all. Well done Amazon for getting it to me so fast - ahead of original delivery date.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 7, 2014 5:25 PM BST