Profile for CarrotMuncher > Reviews

Gabor Women's Orient Black Comfort 6.471.87 5 UK
Offered by Charles Clinkard
Price: 65.00

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit disappointed, 28 Aug 2014
I had high hopes for these shoes from reading other reviews. I find the sole quite inflexible and the size slightly too long. Widthwise they are pretty good though for my bunions that need a slightly wider shoe. Perhaps heel grips would help but I hate how they look on shoes. The quality seems ok. I've only worn them around the house for a while so my review is based on that. One thing I noticed that is quite annoying is the sole doesn't give any grip. When I sat on my bar stool in my kitchen (where I am now) the shoes couldn't grip the footrest so my legs were left dangling. For this reason I expect they could be very slippery on a wet surface. Overall not what I was hoping for. I can see them joining my growing "rarely to never worn" collection of shoes. Some day maybe I'll get the sense to stop buying shoes online. I live overseas so returning them isn't an option for me.

WOMENS LADIES FLOWER MULES FLAT SUMMER SANDALS FLIP FLOPS BEACH JELLY SHOES SIZE (UK 6, Black)

3.0 out of 5 stars These sandals are only ok, 28 Aug 2014
On opening the plastic bag that the product came in my first impression was the extremely strong chemical smell. I decided to let them air for a few days before trying them on. I usually wear size 5 in shoes but I ordered a size 6 because I prefer a bigger size in mules. They have a soft footbed and are comfy to walk in from that perspective. The reason I don't like them so much is because I have bunions so I guess it's not a fault of the shoes. These shoes get my feet right in the wrong spot for my bunions. For that reason I can't see myself using them so much. I had planned on using them in the wet room areas of my house. They were cheap so I can't complain too bitterly though. I guess they are yet another pair of shoes I've bought online that will spend a few years at the back of my shoe closet before making their way to a charity shop.

Udderly Smooth 473g Hand & Body Lotion with Aloe Vera & Vitamin E
Udderly Smooth 473g Hand & Body Lotion with Aloe Vera & Vitamin E
Price: 10.42

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 12 Feb 2013
I bought this cream last year due to all the glowing reviews. I have quite sensitive skin that gets dry in the winter months. If my hands are feeling dry this cream makes them sting and burn. It also catches under my engagement ring and causes an irritation there so I have to remove my rings before putting it on, allow it to soak in and then put my rings back on. I don't like the scent either. I've switched to E45 cream until I find something better.
I haven't had any problems with the dispenser however. But the dispenser on my E45 shoots cream everywhere!

Fly London Women's Yaz Wedge Court Shoes
Fly London Women's Yaz Wedge Court Shoes
Price: 55.99 - 80.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Clearly seconds, 6 July 2012
I bought a pair of size 5 in the colour "Black Borgogna" direct from Amazon. The left shoe has a long streak going through the leather that is a flaw from the tanning process of the leather. The right shoe has some slight puckering where the shoe upper meets the sole. Both shoes are flawed. I live overseas and returning them would cost too much so I am stuck with them. The are very obviously seconds so beware! I'm hoping some polish will disguise the leather flaw and I'll just have to live with the slight puckering.
So flaws aside here is my review of the shoes so far. I always get size 5 in shoes. Occasionally size 5s are a bit small on me. These size 5s however are slipping up and down on my feet. I've just forked out for some heel grips that I'm hoping will do the trick. I wore them around the house for a couple of days so I haven't done any long walks in them yet. The shoes feel a little unusual on my feet because of the V shaped opening. I think it will take a little getting used to. For such bulky shoes they aren't very heavy but are still heavier than a thinner soled shoe. I like the extra height they give me without the feeling of wearing high heels. The platform sole is quite spongy which is comfortable.
If it wasn't for the flaws I would like these shoes better.

Cosatto 3Sixti Highchair (Hapi Apples)
Cosatto 3Sixti Highchair (Hapi Apples)
Price: 145.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as first thought, 30 Jun 2012
My boy is 20 months old and we've been using our 3sixti highchair since he was 6 months old.
At first it was great. I liked the design and it fitted in well with the style of our kitchen.
When spring came around we started eating outside occasionally and moving this highchair was far too cumbersome so we got a cheap and basic highchair from IKEA as backup. This arrangement worked fine for us.
As my son grew he got stronger and he learned that moving back and forth on his 3sixti was great fun. By 12 months this became a real problem. The highchair has never toppled because we were always close at hand to stop any accidents. Certainly the base of the chair didn't stay flat on the floor when he moved his body back and forth quickly. We remedied this by stepping on the peddle and shrinking the chair to its lowest setting. This way he had less leverage.
When we got the 3sixti at first we could turn the chair and click it into position. After a few months this clicking mechanism stopped working and now it spins freely. My boy likes to spin himself around in it which isn't always ideal when you're trying to feed him!
I only have experience with two highchairs, this one and the cheapest IKEA one. I haven't had any issues with the IKEA one. It hasn't failed in any way. It doesn't have any fancy features so I guess there is less that can go wrong. The 3sixti however has failed. The rotating feature doesn't work anymore and it's top heavy when in the highest position and you have a bouncy toddler in it.
The adjustable back rest feature we have NEVER had cause to use. It doesn't adjust back very far anyway.
The safety harness on the 3sixti hasn't fitted over my average height boy's shoulders since he was about 12 months. Since then we've had to fasten them around his waist.
The vinyl seat has become discolored with time.
On a positive side, I like the adjustable height. But realistically this is not a highchair you will move about much because of its weight and awkwardness. But if it wasn't for the adjustable height I fear my boy would have toppled himself over by now.
I love good design. Good design values style and function with equal regard. Overall the 3sixti highchair represents style over function and unfortunately I would not recommend it to a friend. I'd buy something else next time. Shame shame.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 27, 2012 12:19 PM BST

NUBY flip-it no spill straw top beaker
NUBY flip-it no spill straw top beaker
Offered by TechShoper
Price: 6.99

1.0 out of 5 stars very disappointing, 23 Nov 2011
I bought two twin packs of these on eBay - one pack was insulated cups but the flip it straw at the top is the same. I know this ad says suitable from 18 months but the packaging on my ones said it was suitable from 12 months. My boy is almost 14 months and he was not able to use them. I've also tried using them and they are tricky, especially if your child has been breastfed. My boy still nurses at night so it's alien for him to bite and suck at the same time. These flip it straws require biting and sucking at the same time. This is not a skill that any child needs to learn! When else will they have to do this?
Besides that problem, the straw part is extremely fiddly to put together and take apart for washing. It's very hard to clean. I can only imagine the bugs that would grow in it. But I suppose that wouldn't be a problem because if your child is a chewer then I doubt it would last very long anyway. If you buy these and you like them you'll have to keep buying replacement straws.
I have since bought some vital baby cups and so far so good. They aren't perfect but they are doing the job.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best purchases, 12 Sep 2011
We bought two of these play dens and joined them together to make one really large play area. We've also added in an additional 60cm panel. We have a large open plan living area and we originally planned on using these as gates / a barrier to section off the kitchen area. After they arrived we decided to experiment with them and see how they looked different ways. We decided that the safest option would be to let our boy have a large play den. It keeps him safely away from sockets and hard corners and the dogs on the other side! If you have the space I would thoroughly recommend getting two of these playpens to join together. One on it's own is good too but when you join two together you get about 3 or 4 times the floor space for your little one to enjoy. The floor cushion that comes with it is only good if you use it with a single play den. Another option would be to get a wall mounting kit and you could section off an area along a wall.
We also have one of those collapsible playpens / travel cots that have the mesh sides. It's good but I think the BabyDan playpen is the best. We'd buy them again.

Fisher-Price Brilliant Basics Rock-a-Stack
Fisher-Price Brilliant Basics Rock-a-Stack
Price: 8.44

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good, 12 Sep 2011
I didn't think my boy would like this toy as much as he does, but because it has such good reviews I got it for him when he was about 5 months. Since then it's becoming more and more popular with him. He is 10.5 months old now and just started walking. During the day he spends a good bit of time in his playpen enclosure (two BabyDan play dens joined together to make one large den - also a great purchase if you have the space for it). 9 out of 10 times when I put him in it he goes straight for some of the rings to hold while he practices his new walking moves. He particularly likes to hold the blue and green ones. He's just starting to have an interest in the central bit that the rings go onto. I imagine soon he'll start putting the rings back onto it. At the moment that's my job!
I guess there is a reason why this toy is a classic. I'm not crazy about giving my child plastic to play with. I'd prefer him to play with natural materials, especially while he's so young. But I'm glad I got this toy for him. He's waving the green ring at me with a big smile as I type. He's a happy baby.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as described, 23 May 2011
I bought this item from My Wendy House and the wrong item was sent. They sent a dark blue floral hat that was stinky (moldy smell) and without tags. Avoid! You have been warned!

Chicco DJ Walker Seventy
Chicco DJ Walker Seventy

4.0 out of 5 stars Good toy for supervised fun!, 13 April 2011
This review is from: Chicco DJ Walker Seventy (Toy)
We bought this for our four and a half month old because he was showing signs of wants to stand and walk. He took to it immediately and absolutely loved the DJ tray. Unfortunately on day 2 he burped up onto it and it got stuck in a musical loop. I switched it off and turned it upside down and left it to dry out. The next day some buttons didn't work anymore. So I opened it up with a screw driver but inside looked too complicated so I just cleaned what I could easily clean and screwed it closed again. Since then he only uses the DJ part if he hasn't been eating for a while. Despite the issues with the item I'd still give it a high score as a toy. My boy loves it and it's given him a great sense of freedom. We have a lot of space so he is able to "run" quite a bit. He's six months old now and he has mastered how to go all different directions in it even though we limit the time he spends in it. I think he'd be happy to spend the whole day in it but knowing that they aren't good for development we only allow him short playing sessions in it. You really have to be on your guard because now baby is mobile and extremely inquisitive. It's a great toy. The musical part is enjoyable, shame it wasn't more burp-proof! Overall I am happy we bought it.

Page: 1 | 2