Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Into The Storm - Ltd
Into The Storm - Ltd
Price: 15.78

4.0 out of 5 stars Usual Axel, 2 Mar 2014
This review is from: Into The Storm - Ltd (Audio CD)
When I ordered this album, I more or less knew what I was ordering, and the album didn't prove my expectations wrong. It's the same music Axel wrote for past few years, and since I wanted exactly that, I'm not disappointed. Some bands may have to evolve over time, but I'm fine with ARP creating great music in the vein of early Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow and so on. And their vocalist, Johnny Gioeli is still doing a tremendous job screaming and singing all these passages. If you liked Circle of the Oath, this album is a safe buy.

I bought limited edition, which includes a quite simple three-sectioned digipack, booklet with lyrics which can be removed (it's not on glue, just inserted into the right section) and a poster (I didn't measure it, but it's considerably smaller than Ayreon's).

Silverthorn (Box Set)
Silverthorn (Box Set)
Offered by Fulfillment Express
Price: 14.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Packaging, items and stuff -- excellent, 10 Jan 2014
This review is from: Silverthorn (Box Set) (Audio CD)
Received this item this day. I won't write a lot about the music, because the album was out for a considerable amount of time. In my opinion, this is one of the best Kamelot albums, along with Epica and Karma -- I don't like The Black Halo that much. That would be all about music, down to the items and packaging.

The box is nicely packed and easily opened. No complaints on this one. Inside the box you'll find: one mediabook with the actual CD, lyrics and few nice pics; bonus instrumental CD in separate package, another book with the full Silverthorn story (didn't read it yet, but looks nice), and the poster with all band members and "Kamelot - Silverthorn" written on the front. Poster is horizontal and is probably like A4x3 or A4x4, don't have time to measure it now. My biggest complaint is that the bonus CD isn't somehow included in the main book, but put in the box separately. Not really convenient. Oh, and poster is folded to the size of CD, so be ready to carefully iron it. The books itself are spot on, as is the box. Though comparing with mediabook of Ayreon - The Theory of Everything (latest digibook I've bought), the books are a bit bigger on the vertical scale. Doesn't really matter if you're going to keep them in the box, though.