Profile for Mr. J. Adams > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH
NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH

4.0 out of 5 stars Nothing but the Truth Totally, 31 Oct. 2012
This review is from: NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH (Paperback)
Excellent book and has been very challanging for me to share my faith with boldness and love.

Macarthur has so much knowledge and writes in an easy to read/understand way which i find helpful.

I do find he repeates himself which can be frustating.

Live Worship From Vertical Church
Live Worship From Vertical Church
Offered by Fulfillment Express

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent worship album, 31 Oct. 2012
Modern contempary worship album.
Very uplifting praise, lifting up Jesus high in Worship.
We sing a variety of these songs at Harvest Glasgow. Keep it up VCB.

Be Basic: Believing the Simple Truth of God's Word, Genesis 1-11
Be Basic: Believing the Simple Truth of God's Word, Genesis 1-11
by Warren W. Wiersbe

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent intro to Genesis 1-12, 31 Oct. 2012
Really learned so much more than i thought i would. I had read Genesis numerous times and thought i knew it all but i managed to find some new aspects which have strengthened my own faith.

Warren has been highly though of for many years and the be: series has been excellent so far.

Glory in the Highest: Christmas Songs of Worship
Glory in the Highest: Christmas Songs of Worship
Offered by iAlpha Technologies

4.0 out of 5 stars Not the best Christmas ablum not not the worst ever, 31 Oct. 2012
I find Chris slow, he slows down the old style slow hymms. Thats the only negative i could find.

I have enjoyed this album and have listened to it a good few times now and i would reccomend it for anyone wanting a modern worship Christmas album.

We sing a few of these songs at church and they work really well.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 8, 2012 12:37 AM GMT

The Battle for the Beginning
The Battle for the Beginning

4.0 out of 5 stars A little bit repetitive, 8 Oct. 2012
Really helpful book through 6 x 24 hour day creation.

MacArthur really knows his bible and this is well written and easy to read.

Slightly repetitive and with Macarthur he uses many illustrations in most of his books.

I will no doubt re-read this again in a few years.

FIFA 13 (PS3)
FIFA 13 (PS3)
Offered by DVDBayFBA

4.0 out of 5 stars Best Fifa yet, 8 Oct. 2012
This review is from: FIFA 13 (PS3) (Video Game)
I had an issue with the ball, go to game settings and select random ball and it should fix the issue.

As ever, game looks awesome plays well and im loving the pre-game challanges

Also the choice of competing in europe in your first season in manager mode is outstanding

How to Study the Bible
How to Study the Bible
by John MacArthur

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must read - Great to start a new reading plan, 19 Jun. 2012
This review is from: How to Study the Bible (Paperback)
Hi, ive been a Christian for about 10 years and ive always failed in reading my bible and learning the scriptures. This book has helped me keep at it and given me tremendous encouragement to keep reading my bible.

Johns chapters are well written and have reflective questions at the end of each section challenging the reader.

MacArthur puts across his love and joy for the bible in an easy to read way. I have been blessed by his experience and love for Gods Word. He clearly tells us who can and how best to study the bible while telling us why we should read the bible and the benefits it is to us.

This would be an ideal gift for a new christian and/or someone who was recently baptised.

This is a book i can pick up again and again and draw from it.

Well done John.

The Exemplary Husband: A Biblical Perspective
The Exemplary Husband: A Biblical Perspective
by Dr. Stuart Scott

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book for new and older married men, 17 April 2012
This is a really good book guiding men through many aspects of married life.

Im entering my 3rd year of marriage and this book has helped me tremendously since reading it at the start of the year. The content has scripture backing up each point, paragraph and chapter.

I feel ever more confident that i can be a caring loving husband who is the provider and leader in my home and live my life more Christ-like. This book has highlighted many areas i have perhaps been weak in and has given me the urgency to change and im sure my wife will agree that since reading this book and my wife reading the excellent wife, we have been in better communication with each other as a result.

Im again reading this book in the summer as part of my churches mens ministry and im looking forward to discussing the different ways we as men have changed or shaped up as a result of being led via the word of God.

Mr Scott has taken so much time, care and love in preparing this book and I thank him for it.

Long sleeve baseball t-shirt Heather Grey and White Medium (38 - 40 inch chest)
Long sleeve baseball t-shirt Heather Grey and White Medium (38 - 40 inch chest)

3.0 out of 5 stars cheap but nice, 21 Mar. 2012
The medium was tight on for me and im a med form topshop etc May shrink in the wash, fabric is like any other fruit of the loom quality, fairly thin and see through

10,000 Reasons
10,000 Reasons

5.0 out of 5 stars Worship Album - Fantastic buy, 21 Mar. 2012
This review is from: 10,000 Reasons (Audio CD)
I own various worship albums and this has to be in my top 5. Matt is one of my favourite songwriters and i was delighted with the quality of this cd.

There are some deeply moving songs on this album which i play over and over and enjoy when worshiping.

The songs are taken from biblical passages and putting the word of God in my mind as i struggle with scripture memorisation.

A great cd for all worship leaders out there.

Well done matt.