Profile for D. Saxton > Reviews

Content by D. Saxton

D. Saxton "dans1977uk" (Talbot Green, South Wales)

Expecting Company (Expanded Edition)
Expecting Company (Expanded Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic - how had I missed this band?, 17 May 2014
I only came across Sassafras as one of their members drinks in my local - never really taken any notice until this CD was rereleased and I've had it in the car for a few days now. Really impressed - Country meets Rock meets the 70's.

Parrot CK3100 Advanced Bluetooth Car Kit
Parrot CK3100 Advanced Bluetooth Car Kit

5.0 out of 5 stars If it weren't for Royal Mail...., 12 July 2007
I must say this is a fantastic product, I've just fitted it in less than half an hour to my Renault Trafic van. Even an idiot could do it without the instructions. Really clear signal. Have tested it a few times and all the people I've called have been impressed - as have I!! Menu's very intuitive and the unit looks really smart on the dashboard. Also, stickers are provided to save the need to drill into your dashboard which many people wouldn't want to do - very handy.

I bought this item earlier today from our local Ford dealership who I found were stockists from the Parrot website. They tried to charge me £110 PLUS VAT and after some negotiation agreed to £99 plus VAT.. still much higher than Amazon are asking.... I chose to pay over the odds though as I've a lot of driving to do over the next two weeks away from home so due to postal strikes didn't want to risk not receiving in time.

If you're after a hands free kit I can't recommend this one highly enough.... especially at this price!

My Life on a Hillside Allotment
My Life on a Hillside Allotment
by Terry Walton

5.0 out of 5 stars Suprisingly Readable!, 29 Mar 2007
I purchased this book not through an interest in gardening, or even in particular an interest in the Welsh Valleys but because of my fondness of Terry Walton's snippets on the Jeremy Vine show on Radio 2 and his sense of humour.

I wasn't sure what to expect, but what I found was an enthusiastically written and heart felt tome which is harder than any book I've read in recent years (with the exception, sadly, of the Harry Potter series!) to put down.

It's obvious from the start that Terry enjoyed writting the book and is keen to share every aspect of his life, memories and gardening tips!

The book not only provides a fascinating insight to life in the Rhondda over the past 60 years but also many interesting stories about what has been a life of varied fortunes and interests.

It's hard not to want to go out, buy a spade and start cultivating your garden into a little oasis of flowers and veg having read this book, Terry's fondness for all things horticultural seems to seep into you as you read!

I'd recommend this book whole heartedly to anyone who enjoys gardening, good humour or simply a good yarn.

Three Men in a Boat, to Say Nothing of the Dog! (Penguin Popular Classics)
Three Men in a Boat, to Say Nothing of the Dog! (Penguin Popular Classics)
by Jerome K. Jerome

5.0 out of 5 stars Very readable and genuinely funny, 9 Oct 2006
If you don't enjoy reading at all don't buy this book, if however, you do enjoy a well written and hilarious novel buy it!!! I can't praise this book highly enough, very well written, laugh out loud funny in many places, and also though provoking - especially the part about overloading your boat with trivial belongings.

Many a night have I been shouted at by my partner for waking her up to read a particularly good paragraph to her!

Bright Young Things [DVD] [2003]
Bright Young Things [DVD] [2003]
Dvd ~ Stephen Campbell Moore
Offered by Quality Media Supplies Ltd.

4.0 out of 5 stars Suprisingly Watchable, 17 April 2006
Initially we rented this film as it was directed by Stephen Fry, whom both my partner and I enjoy, and having kept it for several days waiting for the mood to be right, watched it to be pleasantly suprised by it's relatvely light 'watch-ability'.

The plot is very easy to follow, though has one or two dead-ends. The casting is faultless and general atmosphere very much of it's time.

If you want a light Sunday afternoon film, this isn't it, but if you want a film to make you think, laugh and relax any other time this may well be for you. Not too heavy going, but not a "Carry On.." either. Try it... you might like it!

Jeeves and the Impending Doom (Pocket Penguins)
Jeeves and the Impending Doom (Pocket Penguins)
by P.G. Wodehouse

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent pair of short stories, 17 April 2006
If you're a fan of Wodehouse, you really should buy this book. Both stories provide the suspense, intrigue and humour of the longer tales but in a fraction of the time. Again, Wooster finds himself in a potential scrape only to be rescued by Jeeves' unbeatable brain.

For the price I can't argue the case to buy this book strongly enough... think of all those times on a train / bus / plane you could be chcking away to yourself with this little gem.

Dylan Moran: Live - Monster [DVD]
Dylan Moran: Live - Monster [DVD]
Dvd ~ Dylan Moran
Offered by meliarecords

5.0 out of 5 stars Dangerously Funny, 13 April 2006
Astonishingly, I laughed even more at this DVD than I did the 'Black Books' television series. Dylan is a very gifted comic who hits just the right note for an hour or so's entertainment of a Friday or Saturday evening without the need to leave your living room!

The sketch about children being remarkably similar to drunks makes me laugh even thinking about it.

I strongly recommend you buy this DVD, it's a snip for the 100's of hours entertainment you'll get out of it watching again and again.

Echostar T-101 FTA Digital Terrestrial Freeview Receiver
Echostar T-101 FTA Digital Terrestrial Freeview Receiver

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value with great features, 8 Jan 2006
On receiving the T-101 I was nervous about it's quality as it was so remarkably light. However, I was pleasantly suprised once it was all hooked up. We bought this unit to replace our Sky+ box (as it seems daft paying Sky every month when you only watch freeview channel). Whilst this unit can't quite match the slick operation of the Sky+ box we've found it easy to use.
The on-screen display is bright and clear and the Electronic Programme Guide very useful and easy to navigate. All of the channels were found automatically by the unit within 5 minutes. Channel changing is a breeze with no hesitation between stations as there is on some of the cheaper digiboxes.
Overall, an excellent value package with all the features you'll ever need. Unless you particularly want the facility to pause live tv etc.. I see no reason why anyone should pay anymore than the price of this smart little box!