Profile for LB.Zumpshon > Reviews

Content by LB.Zumpshon

LB.Zumpshon

The Rebirths of Tao (Tao Series Book 3)
The Rebirths of Tao (Tao Series Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars The inclusion of teenagers with 'passengers' really brings home what it might actually be like growing up with someone else in y, 3 July 2015
Satisfying end to an innovative trilogy. The inclusion of teenagers with 'passengers' really brings home what it might actually be like growing up with someone else in your head (especially for the girl, I so want to know the rest of her story!).

The Tarot Reader: A Vestigial Tale (Vestigial Tales Book 3)
The Tarot Reader: A Vestigial Tale (Vestigial Tales Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Romance, drama, fantasy and action all in one, 30 Sept. 2014
This was my favourite Vestigial short! So nice to read how Cyan and Oli met, she's quickly becoming my favourite character now.

The Shining Girls
The Shining Girls

4.0 out of 5 stars What a web has been woven, 6 Jan. 2014
This review is from: The Shining Girls (Kindle Edition)
I don't usually read horror, but I'm very glad I took a chance on this book. The concept has been wonderfully pulled off, love the use of different points of view, even the killer's perspective, and the way everything was tied together in the end with the magical and mundane elements intertwining was perfect. Highly recommend this book to anyone who's into mystery books, not necessarily horror/thriller fans. Will have to read it again to get all the interconnections.

The Lives of Tao
The Lives of Tao

4.0 out of 5 stars Sproutlore meets Doctor Who, 2 Jun. 2013
This review is from: The Lives of Tao (Kindle Edition)
Wasn't sure while reading the first chapter, but as soon as Roan got introduced I couldn't put the book down. Read it in 2 days, and can't wait for more. Love Tao, and the idea, and the integration of historical events in Quasing lore. But I mostly love how human Roan is, as he struggles to be a different, better person. It's something we can all relate to, being stuck in a rut, though not all of us have the benefit of an alien to help us get out of it. The only slightly negative thing about the whole book was the portrayal of the female characters, especially Sonya, as being just a bit too one-dimensional.

Overall I'd recommend this book to anyone, not just sci-fi fans, as it's well-written, with interesting characters. It reminds me of a cross between Robert Rankin's Barry the time sprout and Doctor Who, if the doctor could only survive by inhabiting other people's bodies.

Pantomime (Micah Grey)
Pantomime (Micah Grey)
by Laura Lam

4.0 out of 5 stars When's the sequel?, 24 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Pantomime (Micah Grey) (Paperback)
Really enjoyed the book and the unique story world that has been created, just wish it hadn't ended when it did. There are so many questions left unanswered. I hope the next book deals more with Penglass and the Alder. That said, Micah Grey is a very interesting character, haven't read any books with someone like it before, and I'm totally rooting for him despite what he's been through so far. I think I know who Drystan turns out to be, but will have to be patient (at least I hope we'll find out in the next book, there's only so many unanswered mysteries I can take!). I don't want to give away spoilers, so I'll just say that I highly recommend reading the book, but if you're not good with cliffhanger endings maybe wait until the second book is out as well and read them back-to-back.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 22, 2013 10:32 AM GMT

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty but not black, 11 Feb. 2013
The case fits really well around my HTC one S and I was glad to find the pattern on the back didn't have ECELL over it like on the picture. The only thing that buyers should be aware of is that the sides of the case are white rather than black, so it stands out rather a lot. The case feels smooth, though it has edges. Basically, if you like the design, you'll like it, otherwise there are better quality cases out there.

Pompomberry House
Pompomberry House

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly refreshing., 7 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Pompomberry House (Kindle Edition)
I don't often read murder mysteries, but the premise to this book sounded so intriguing I had to find out more. Loved the storyline, kept me guessing til the end (don't want to give anything away, but I still can't believe a certain someone had nothing to do with the murdering at all). In fact it had so many twists I couldn't put it down, and finished the book in one day. Even as it mocks indie writers it is a great example of what indie/self-published writers can do. Highly recommended.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 8, 2012 12:37 AM BST