Profile for Matthew > Reviews

Ancol Acticat Cat Play Tunnel
Price: 12.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Cat loves it! Excellent!, 12 Feb 2014
Length:: 0:26 Mins

This is a great little play tunnel. My cat loves it, plays in and around it and hides in there too from time to time. Can't fault it. It does take up some floor space but it's easy enough to put away or put out of the way. Please see my vid, of my little Lily playing around in it. She's a Maine Coon cross so she's a fair size too!

Flexovit Waterproof Sanding Sheets 230 x 280 mm Fine 400 Grit (3) FLV26303
Flexovit Waterproof Sanding Sheets 230 x 280 mm Fine 400 Grit (3) FLV26303
Offered by PVR Direct
Price: 2.42

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 25 Feb 2013
Just an excellent item - bought this to sand down some Watercolour Ground on a painting, worked a treat. Perhaps not was it was designed for, but ultimately it worked fine.

Mini DisplayPort DP to VGA Adapter for Apple MacBook Pro Video Ceed Cable**Supports New THUNDERBOLT Port*
Offered by CableMac
Price: 4.75

5.0 out of 5 stars No problems here, 6 Jan 2013
Works as advertised. Works flawlessly with my new Mac mini (late 2012) and LG Monitor (LG E2242C-BN 22 inch LED Wide Screen Monitor - Black). Recommended!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well, impressed, 6 Jan 2013
As others have said, this is a good product. It does what it says it will do and does it very well. It feels good in the hand, though it would be nice if it were a bit longer (but that's just personal preference). As an artist I can see myself really making the most out of this when I get more time. A very good-looking pen as well and certainly worth the price, not that it's that expensive anyway of course. Excellent! The seller also threw in a couple of sweets, which was a welcome nice touch (especially as I was just getting over the norovirus).

XBOX 360/PC VGA Switch
XBOX 360/PC VGA Switch
Offered by TotalConsole.EU-UK
Price: 14.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't seem to work fully with Mac, 6 Jan 2013
This review is from: XBOX 360/PC VGA Switch (Accessory)
Bought this to hook my Mac mini and XBOX into. As the product *superficially* works I've given it 4 stars. The main trouble is that, despite using high-quality VGA cables, the image on my LG Monitor (LG E2242C-BN 22 inch LED Wide Screen Monitor - Black) at 1920x1080 is skewed to one side, there is a black margin on the left of the screen which is about 2 inches wide, and the 1920x1080 viewport is squashed into a smaller space to the right of the screen. However, the image on the XBOX 360 is perfect, so I can't fault that, and displays flawlessly at 1920x1080. If it wasn't for this niggling viewport problems it would have a full 5 stars. As it is I can't live with having a distorted display image on my Mac, especially not when it's getting used the most.

Have contacted customer support and if I hear of any resolution/workaround I'll update this review with it. Unless someone can offer me some guidance on how to correctly get the Mac screen to display, I'm going to have to say this product doesn't work that well for a Mac/XBOX setup.

Hush Puppies Mens Outlaw Brown Lace up Shoe Comfort Casual Shoes Size 12
Hush Puppies Mens Outlaw Brown Lace up Shoe Comfort Casual Shoes Size 12
Offered by Brantano Footwear

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, very light. Excellent, 16 Nov 2012
I was apprehensive about ordering shoes online as this is the first time I've ever done so, so I was delighted when I opened the box and the shoes looked superb. The colour of the shoes is actually darker than the images show, but in my opinion that's hardly a deal-breaker as their design is so handsome. I tried them on and breathed a sigh of relief as they were a perfect fit. (I'm a size 12 so I was lucky to get the last pair that were in stock; some other sites I looked at only had them available up to size 11.)

Well, they fit well but how did they feel to walk in? Perfect, they are so light that they made the slip-on slippers I have seem heavy in comparison (no kidding). As I only got these for going out and not for everyday use I'm sure they will last a very, very long time (many years). Can't think of much more to say except if you're looking for a decent pair of well-fitting, comfortable, light-weight shoes, you could do much, much worse.

Highly, highly recommended.

Daylight Company Natural Light DN1120 2 Watt LED Flexible Desk Lamp, White
Daylight Company Natural Light DN1120 2 Watt LED Flexible Desk Lamp, White
Offered by sewing-online
Price: 37.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A truly excellent product, 28 Sep 2012
I felt obliged to write a review of this desk lamp as I was so quickly pleased with it. I'm an artist and illustrator who requires good quality lighting by which to paint and I was looking for a lamp that mimicked natural lighting as closely as possible. I certainly found it with this product.

Firstly the design is solid, well-constructed and very pleasing to the eye - there's no doubt that it's a beautiful piece of industrial design; there's not one part that looks rushed or hastily developed. It's not too small and not too big (at least for my needs...) and it's footprint takes up very little desk space. It doesn't dominate your work/reading area but rather compliments it and for that reason alone it already wins. Next, and most importantly, the lighting: the 21 LEDs that comprise this lamp are just perfect - the light is not too bright as too be harsh and uncomfortable and also not so dim as to make it unusable. The daylight simulation (and I've not idea how they're done it) seems practically indistinguishable from natural daylight. The flexible arm works just fine too, by the way.

As the autumn and winter nights are now drawing in I'm finding less usable light to work by, so this desk lamp is an absolute Godsend and I can imagine that it will come in very handy on overcast days too. I am considerably impressed and extremely thankful that this product exists. What a little beauty it is! The price is a little high but for what it is I would say it's still exceptional valuable for money given that it has the capability to extend one's working day in low-light conditions. I'm sure it's great for reading by too (but I've not yet tried that [one more thing to look forward to!]).

100% Pure Silk Filled Eye Mask / Sleeping Mask Sleep Mask- IVORY
100% Pure Silk Filled Eye Mask / Sleeping Mask Sleep Mask- IVORY
Offered by Jasmine Silk
Price: 8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good! Comfortable and reliable., 8 Sep 2012
This is a good eye mask: it does exactly what it states it will do - namely it blocks out the light whilst you sleep. I have ME/CFS so for me quality of sleep is paramount (well it is for everyone of course...); my one concern over this product was weather or not the fit would be snug enoug so that the mask would not slip down/off my eyes during sleep. It stays put and behaves well but it takes a day, or three's, experimentation to get the adjustable band to the optimal tension. After a few minor adjustments things seem to be working just fine.

As I ordered the lighter coloured mask I was also concerned that It might let through more light than, say, the black version. I needn't have worried as I can't see (pardon the pun) any difference between this and a previous black eye mask that I had prior to this one (different brand though). All in all I do rate this a full five out of five. It's an unpretentious, good quality sleeping aid. I'm glad that I made the choice to get one!

Winsor & Newton Professional Portfolio (A2 Size)
Winsor & Newton Professional Portfolio (A2 Size)
Offered by ArtiFolk
Price: 37.18

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job., 24 July 2012
This portfolio seems ok, and ticks all the right boxes but was a bit sad to see a dirty great grease mark on one side. Not what I was expecting to be honest as this was one of the reasons for getting a new portfolio in the first place. Being purely cosmetic this mark is neither here nor there so I would still rate this a solid 5/5. Having said that I'll be buying from the shops next time as I can see exactly what I'll be getting.

Mini Waste Bin with Push Top
Mini Waste Bin with Push Top
Offered by Online2Home
Price: 16.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice little bin, but a small note of caution, 6 July 2012
This is a really nice little counter-top swing bin. With less and less stuff going out to the regular green bin (at least that's the colour of regular bins in my area) and more household waste being recycled, it helps to free up a little floor space and just use this instead. Anyhow, whilst I do really like this bin there are a couple of minor points worth mentioning: namely that the removable lid is comprised of quite thin metal, so much so that I did cut myself between thumb and index finger this morning as I opened it. Now let me say that I'm a fairly clumsy individual so many probably won't experience this problem but for people in a hurry you might want to be a bit careful.

Also the bin does attract fingerprints fairly readily which doesn't look wonderful (but then again it is a bin so what else would be expect?). Other than that as I said I would have given it a 5 star rating if it weren't for these two small points.

Page: 1 | 2