Profile for PCB > Reviews

Dig the Dog
by Alison Maloney
Price: 5.22

5.0 out of 5 stars Can You Dig It?, 26 Jun 2011
This review is from: Dig the Dog (Paperback)
What a great little book. My 2 year old loves it, and so do I.
I've never really been one for reading out loud to people but doing it for a child is quite enjoyable, and this book makes it a treat.
I read it to him every night before bed and find myself putting in the effort like a Jackanory reader!
Its a simple story about Dig the Dog & Doug the Dog burying and biting a beautiful beefy bone, with a quick appearance by Kit the Cat. Other creatures for them to spot along the way too.
Try it. Its fun.

SanDisk 4GB SDHC Secure Digital Card
SanDisk 4GB SDHC Secure Digital Card
Offered by Flashmemo-Uk
Price: 5.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Well, What Can You Say About A Memory Card?, 23 Sep 2008
6.34 for this card. 30quid for the same item in Argos. It's a no-brainer really isn't it?

As always, no problem with service or delivery from Amazon. I'm chuffed with it.

Get one.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 22, 2010 8:49 PM BST

Panasonic Strada Satellite Navigation With 5" Widescreen
Panasonic Strada Satellite Navigation With 5" Widescreen

4.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic Strada SatNav, 22 Sep 2008
I thought long and hard about getting a SatNav. Should I?/Shouldn't I? I mean, do I REALLY need one? What's wrong with a map book? Well nothing. I'll still hang on to the old atlas for a bit longer, just in case. But it seems like you HAVE to have a SatNav these days. They're really dropping in price now, and this one was a penny short of 200quid.

So, what's it like? Well, it looks lovely. Nice big screen, which is good. It means you can actually see whats happening. And its also got the Bluetooth function so, when connected, your phone contacts appear on screen too. I've found no problem with the phone section, yet. I'm using it in my van and the sound is OK. Yet to take or make a call on a motorway though.

Now then, can it find its way OK? Well yes, it can. There seems to be the odd quirk here & there, but then I think they all do that. New roads will not necessarily be on the system for example, so don't expect a miracle. You still have to use your brain. If you do go off track and the system gets confused, it seems to re-route ok, so no real problem.

I once borrowed a Navman SatNav for a visit to Ireland, but it lost its maps as soon as I drove out of the Rosslare dock. This one though, seems to be on the ball. Panasonic is using Navteq mapping (as do Garmin). The Navman and TomTom use TeleAtlas maps. Maybe thats the difference? I don't know. Anyway, this one works over there.

Some comments have been made about the reflective screen. True, it is a bit. But its not impossible to read as some might suggest. I'm not TOO fussed about the lack of a mains charger, but a protective case would've been nice.

OK, lets re-cap... It looks good, works well, and has bluetooth so you can go hands-free on the phone. Oh, and you can swap SD cards to view photos on it if you wish.
No down sides just yet, apart from the lack of a case.

Canon Digital IXUS 80 IS Camera - Chocolate (8.0MP, 3x Optical Zoom) 2.5 inch LCD

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet.... Like Chocolate!, 22 Sep 2008
Lots of reviews on the silver version of this, not so many on the chocolate one.
I SAY chocolate, but its more a dark burgundy really. Anyway, it doesn't matter to me, its different and it looks cool.
Looks aren't everything though are they? It needs to perform well too.
I used to have a digital Ixus400 which I loved and needed something just as good. This is. No, its better. I still haven't experimented with all the features yet, but its taking some lovely pictures so far.

Plus points: It looks great.. It takes great photo's without lots of fuss.. Its nailed together well.. Works straight out of the box (still not charged the battery)

Minus points: Erm... erm... I can't think of any. Maybe its more expensive than some. But its worth it!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 23, 2008 8:43 PM BST

Dcc-60 Leather Case
Dcc-60 Leather Case
Price: 15.60

4.0 out of 5 stars I Rest My Case, 22 Sep 2008
This review is from: Dcc-60 Leather Case (Accessory)
Well what can you say about a camera case? Judging by the amount of reviews, quite a bit really. Too many can be quite confusing I think.
Anyway... I've just bought a current model Canon digital camera (the Ixus 80iS) and this case to put it in. Others have mentioned a tight fit and indeed this camera is. But it DOES go in and, hopefully, it might loosen up a tad.
No space for memory cards (but with the big SD cards available, I don't need that)
No space for spare battery (OK, could be a problem, but this is not an equipment case, purely one to protect the camera)
And "that belt loop" (nah, I won't use that either. But its not obtrusive)

4stars purely because its a tight fit and the leather's stiff. A good and smart case though.