Profile for Nordic crime fan > Reviews

Content by Nordic crime fan

Nordic crime fan (Glasgow)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
OnlineBestDigital - USB Power Adapter/Charger for smartphones - White (EU Plug)
OnlineBestDigital - USB Power Adapter/Charger for smartphones - White (EU Plug)
Offered by OBiDi®

1.0 out of 5 stars Gets so hot that it melts., 4 May 2015
I am afraid this very disappointing. I am in France at the moment and have been using my charger. When I looked at it tonight, it looked disoloured and when I looked at it closely, it looked burned. It is a bit embarrassing, knowing that you have burned out a circuit in somebody's house. I have just tried the other one and it is also getting hot.

Murder on the Hill (Cozy Murder Mystery) (Harley Hill Mysteries Book 1)
Murder on the Hill (Cozy Murder Mystery) (Harley Hill Mysteries Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 23 Mar. 2015
I thought this book was not bad. The only problem was that none of the characters seemed believable.

Showdown: The Inside Story of the Gleneagles Ryder Cup
Showdown: The Inside Story of the Gleneagles Ryder Cup

3.0 out of 5 stars Ryder cup story, 10 Feb. 2015
A good read but I felt that it did not really reveal anything new. I would still recommend it to all students of golf.

Kindle Fire HDX 7", HDX Display, Wi-Fi, 16 GB - Includes Special Offers (Previous Generation - 3rd)

2.0 out of 5 stars Not better than before .., 3 Feb. 2015
Quite good, one complaint so far. I like to buy the Sunday Times for Kindle every Sunday and was looking forward to reading it on the Kindle Fire. I could find no way of doing this so I called Mayday. They said it was possible but I couldn't do it so I just read it on my old Kindle. A poor show indeed!!

The Debt
The Debt

3.0 out of 5 stars Pot Boiler, 31 Dec. 2014
This review is from: The Debt (Kindle Edition)
Not a bad little pot boiler. Good entertainment for half an hour or so, so I will not knock it.

The First and The Last
The First and The Last

4.0 out of 5 stars It showed how the Luftwaffe had done pretty well against big odds, 2 Dec. 2014
Very interesting and absorbing. It showed how the Luftwaffe had done pretty well against big odds.

Old Flames (Inspector Troy series Book 2)
Old Flames (Inspector Troy series Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars I liked this book very much and I liked the hero ..., 31 July 2014
I liked this book very much and I liked the hero (anti hero). The plots were quite complicated but were explained very well.

Calotherm - CaloClean Optical Lens Cleaning Spray - 25ml
Calotherm - CaloClean Optical Lens Cleaning Spray - 25ml
Offered by Crooked Imaging

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job!, 21 July 2014
I bought this to clean my spectacles and it has done a very good job of this. The price is quite high but it does work.

Speak Swahili, Dammit!: A tragic, funny African childhood
Speak Swahili, Dammit!: A tragic, funny African childhood

5.0 out of 5 stars African childhood, 23 May 2014
I really enjoyed this book about growing up in Africa. It brought back a lot of memories, although I was not brought up there. I did live in Central Africa from the late seventies to the early nineties. It did ring very true for living in a Mining Camp in Africa.

The Kitchen Diaries: A Year in the Kitchen
The Kitchen Diaries: A Year in the Kitchen
by Nigel Slater

4.0 out of 5 stars Gift, 13 Mar. 2014
I bought this as a gift and I have had no adverse comments from the recipients, so I am assuming it is OK.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7