Profile for Maya > Reviews

Easy Motion Tourist
Easy Motion Tourist
by Leye Adenle

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic, thrilling read!, 3 July 2016
This review is from: Easy Motion Tourist (Paperback)
Leye captures the true essence of the Lagosians in this gripping story that had me put my life on hold for 2 days while I raced to the end of the book! There was nothing predictable about this story and I love how he was able to start several story lines and weave them together seamlessly. I don't want to give any part of the story away so I can't really talk about my favourite parts. I love , love that the characters are so believable. I am Lagosian and this story is very believable, that was the major trip for me. I look forward to the sequel. Well done Leye. This was an amazing read!

5G Touch Green Silicone Protective Armour Case + Sock Cover & Screen Protector Kit for New Apple iPod Touch 5th Generation - 32GB 64GB

5.0 out of 5 stars and looks exactly like what was advertised, 3 Jun. 2015
I bought this for my son's iPhone touch. Delivery was quick, and looks exactly like what was advertised. He loves it!

Terra Cotta Beauty
Terra Cotta Beauty
by Jola Naibi

5.0 out of 5 stars I am a native of Lagos and Jola describes Lagos as it used to be so beautifully. The images as I read were so vivid ..., 7 July 2014
This review is from: Terra Cotta Beauty (Paperback)
Just finished reading Terra Cotta Beauty. I am a native of Lagos and Jola describes Lagos as it used to be so beautifully. The images as I read were so vivid and without giving any bit of it away, she captures a truth, everything in Lagos is linked in some way or the other. A good effort for a first novel. I absolutely love the authenticity in the reporting even though the characters are fictitious, we all know people or situations like the ones described in the book. I loved it! Well done x

Love & Misadventure
Love & Misadventure
by Lang Leav

5.0 out of 5 stars I fell in love with this collection, 27 May 2014
This review is from: Love & Misadventure (Paperback)
Amazing poems. Some made me cry. I bought this book of rsome other friends. A wonderful book of poems one can read over and over again.

His Names Are Wonderful: Getting to Know God Through His Hebrew Names
His Names Are Wonderful: Getting to Know God Through His Hebrew Names
by Elizabeth L. Vander Meulen

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good book, 27 May 2014
I really like this book. Interesting reading the names of God in Hebrew and seeing the meaning. good for anyone who studies the Word of God

The Whisperer
The Whisperer
by Donato Carrisi

5.0 out of 5 stars Greta book, 27 May 2014
This review is from: The Whisperer (Paperback)
I really enjoyed reading this book. He writes beautifully. I had to order the other book he wrote. hopefully it will be as nice as this one

Thr3e
Thr3e
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars this needs 10 stars, 27 May 2014
This review is from: Thr3e (Mass Market Paperback)
I LOVE THIS BOOOOOOOOOK

it is one of the best twisty ending books I ever read. I have bought it for so many of my friends. Well done TED. The end is one you could NEVER get. LOV E it

The Priest's Graveyard
The Priest's Graveyard

2.0 out of 5 stars a bit disappointed with this, 27 May 2014
This review is from: The Priest's Graveyard (Paperback)
I am used to Ted's amazing writ in and this just didn't d it for me at all. for the first time in my life it took me more than 24 hours to finsh one of his books....

Blink
Blink

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing story!!!, 27 May 2014
This review is from: Blink (Paperback)
This was utterly amazing. I love the twists and turns and it explains perfectly about destiny. This is a book I have read like 4 times and will continue to read.

Orange Butterfly
Orange Butterfly
by OctobeRaine

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and sad, 27 May 2014
This review is from: Orange Butterfly (Paperback)
It feels like she lived a part of my life. I felt so many parts of several poems quite deeply. i especially love, 'Lets fall' and Deception. 'and this is what love is' resonated as well. There is a rawness that will get you and I like there was no sugar coating on her pain or the usual happy endings. I really like this. It was scary to read my feelings in someone else's words.

Page: 1 | 2