ARRAY(0xa6d67e64)

Home Coming: Reclaiming and Championing Your Inner Child
by John Bradshaw
Price: 9.09

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book, 19 Sep 2008
This book is amazing. My Psychotherapist told me about this book. At first I was reluctant to believe that I had an 'inner child'. It sounded like one of those psychobabble things...another way to sell a book or an idea. My psychotherapist lent me the book which I read from cover to cover in the intervening week between sessions. After I had returned the book to her I immediately purchased the book and started doing the exercises. As the book suggests, the exercises should only be done if you are seeing a counsellor and with the permission of the counsellor. It is very important to heed this warning as this is powerful stuff. The meditations and exercises really get to the heart of your wounded inner child, and if done irresponsibly may be quite traumatic. Make sure you have a dictaphone, tape recorder or computer to record the meditations to. The first half of each meditation is the same so if you are using a computer, you only need to record that once and you can just record the 2nd half of the other meditataions and splice them together (if you are technically minded!!). I spent a Sunday recording all the meditations so they were ready to go. I could then choose which ones to do and when without the hassle of 'setting them up' first.

John Bradshaw is a TRUE HERO and should be recognised as such.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 14, 2010 1:38 PM BST