Profile for S. Sweeting > Reviews

Content by S. Sweeting

S. Sweeting (Yorkshire, England)

The Mediator 1: Love You to Death: No. 1
The Mediator 1: Love You to Death: No. 1
by Meg Cabot

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book .. However not so keen on Suze., 27 Jan 2009
I love reading anything to do with the supernatural so when I picked up this book, I was really excited; Meg Cabot is one of my favourite authors so I wanted to see how she would tackle a book about ghosts.

The plot was really interesting and you never really knew what was going to happen next. Everything was well thought out by Cabot and the book managed to keep me gripped right until the end.

However, Meg Cabot usually creates a really likable lead character; someone who everyone can relate to. I found it really hard to relate to the character of Suze. In parts of the book she was really aggressive towards people and I found that in parts of the book I really disliked her. And for once in a Meg Cabot book, I didn't want the lead girl to get the guy!

I am going to read the rest of the series and see if my judgement on Suze will change ( I hope it does because the story of this book was ace!!!)

If you liked this you'll like:

Jinx - Meg Cabot
Wicca/ Sweep series - Cate Tiernan
Twilight Saga - Stephenie Meyer

Fashionistas: 01: Laura: Bk. 1
Fashionistas: 01: Laura: Bk. 1
by Sarra Manning
Price: 5.31

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for teen readers!, 22 Jan 2009
When I first started reading this book I expected it to be a stereotypical, cheesy book with a dull storyline. However this book was surprisingly great!!

After winning a major modelling competition (similar to Britain's next top model) the character of Laura moves to London and tries to "make it big". At the start of the book I really didn't like Laura because she seemed a bit stuck up...but give her a chance, i guarantee by the end you will think she's ace!!

Every character in the book is different and you want to find out more about Laura's strange roomates (luckily you can with the other books in this series!). The story is also really original and illustrates the good and bad points of the modelling industry.

When I bought this book it came in a set and I wasn't expecting it to be as good as it was. Give this book a chance and i'm sure you wont be dissapointed.

If you liked this then you'll like:

The A-List series - Zoey Dean
The Devil Wears Prada - Lauren Weisberger

Prom Date (Point Horror)
Prom Date (Point Horror)
by Diane Hoh

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Point Horror !!, 18 Jan 2009
WOW!
Personally, I adore the Point Horror series and this book is one of the greatest. A sign of a brilliant horror book is one that keeps you guessing right up until the end. This book certainly does that! I would read a chapter and be sure I knew who the culprit was and then another suspect would pop up out of nowhere. With a lot of the point horrors you can guess who the culprit is at some point in the book, but with Prom Date it was a completely different case.

Toomey High is like every high school; the popular group rules the school. But when Stephanie has a terrible "accident" (trust me I aren't giving anything away, Stephanie's death is mentioned on the back of the book!) and so does one of her friends, its clear someone is up to something. But thanks to Diane Hoh we don't know who that person is until we get to the point of screaming because we want to know so badly!

I would recommend this book to anyone and hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

If you liked this then you'll like - - -

Homecoming Queen - John Hall
Krazy 4 U - A. Bates
The Cheerleader - Caroline B. Cooney

The Hitch-hiker (Point - horror)
The Hitch-hiker (Point - horror)
by R. L. Stine

3.0 out of 5 stars Not really scary, but great plot, 18 Jan 2009
For anyone who wants a good scare, this isn't really the book you. However if you do want a fast paced, interesting read then this definitely is that! This was the first book of the Point Horror books I read and I thought that R.L Stine showed great writing abilities. I was gripped straight away with the story of two girls, Christina and Terri going for a road trip and picking up a mysterious hitchiker.

I don't want to give anything away, but this book has a lot of twists and turns and the ending is very unpredictable. If you like the Point Horror series then give this one a read. And don't worry about reading it alone unless you are planning on picking up a hitchiker anytime soon!

If you like this then you'll like - - -

Edition: Unknown Binding
Price: 4.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great book by Meg Cabot!, 18 Jan 2009
This review is from: Jinx
Being a Meg Cabot fan, when I first picked up this book I had high expectations. I was definitely not disappointed. The lead character (Jean), as in many other Meg Cabot books, is someone that teenage girls can really relate too. However this book isn't like a normal "mean girls", boy meets girl book; Cabot somehow mixes the supernatural into the story to create an interesting and exciting turn of events.

You never know what is going to happen next in this book and for me that is a sure sign of a great author. If you enjoy other books by Meg Cabot you are in for yet another treat.

If you liked this then you'll like these - - -

Avalon High - Meg Cabot
Twilight Saga - Stephenie Meyer
Wicca / Sweep series - Cate Tiernan (Highly Recommended!!!)