Profile for M. Stone > Reviews

Content by M. Stone

M. Stone "anfield" (london U.K)

Page: 1 | 2
The King's Deception (Cotton Malone series Book 8)
The King's Deception (Cotton Malone series Book 8)

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Read, 27 Aug. 2013
Excellent read, I couldn't put it down. Raises many questions about British history that will surely never be answered. Excellent storyline, thoroughly recommend reading.

Falling For You
Falling For You

5.0 out of 5 stars very moving, 5 July 2013
This review is from: Falling For You (Kindle Edition)
Couldn't put it down ! Very moving story with excellent writing.... I was totally immersed in the story. Would thoroughly recommend

Grey Matters
Grey Matters

5.0 out of 5 stars Order it now ! ..... why are you wasting time reading this - just order, you won't be disappointed :), 30 May 2010
This review is from: Grey Matters (Audio CD)
We went to see Mim on the first date of her tour on Friday at The Radlett Centre - brilliant! I would urge everyone to get to one of her dates if you can, Mim and the band are very comfortable on stage and all very talented - a really good nights entertainment. Mim has a lovely sultry sound, with echoes of Joni Mitchell and Sheryl Crow, but all original material, very natural and lovely to listen to. Check out Mim's website for samples of the tracks on this album - or just take my word for it and order your copy now! :)
Lesley Stone

Shine
Shine

5.0 out of 5 stars Shine Martina, shine, 28 Aug. 2009
This review is from: Shine (Audio CD)
Wow. I'm ashamed to say that this is the first Martina album I've ever listened to (only ever listened to Independence Day before) and I am blown away. I am amazed that after ten studio albums Martina is still going strong and after having now listened to some of her other albums, I would have to say that this is by far my favourite and is definitely worth the buy. There are some classic Martina powerhouse songs on here such as the forceful "Ride" and we are also shown a more vulnerable side to Martina with the beautiful "I just call you mine" and the haunting "Wild Rebel Rose". I would recommend this album to anyone who likes country music, even if they, like me, have never listened to a full Martina album. Some amazing songs on here and I must say her band are amazing! Even after seventeen years Martina is still going strong and in my opinion this is her best album. She produced this with a new director (Dan Hough) and his influence is definitely there. You can't help but tap your feet along to some of the songs and "Sunny Side Up" is just written to make people smile :D Definitely worth a try even if you aren't a fan of country music. I hope everyone listens to this and all I can say is that I hope Martina continues to make such amazing music. You go girl!
Kasey Stone

The Shell Game
The Shell Game
by Steve Alten

5.0 out of 5 stars think, 30 April 2008
This review is from: The Shell Game (Hardcover)
i dont care what you read but buy this book and for you and your familys sake THINK and dont just follow the sheep,be a shephard.

Seven Deadly Wonders
Seven Deadly Wonders
by Matthew Reilly
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

1.0 out of 5 stars good for starting a fire, 2 Oct. 2007
this is total rubbish written in .......i cant finish this review as just the thought of the time i wasted reading it makes me sick

The Prophecy of the Stones
The Prophecy of the Stones
by Flavia Bujor

5.0 out of 5 stars Best foreign writer, 13 April 2005
This is the best book by a foreign writer I have read.
I thought there were parts of the book that were very moving and parts of the book that were clever.
I also thought that it was clever all the adventures that the 3 girls (Jade,Opal and Amber) got up to.
Amber was the most realistic character but I thought that Jade was very good. I liked Jade because she was really stuck up at the beginning but she came down a lot. This is the first book by Flavia Bujor and I think that she has left it open for a sequel and maybe for this book to be made into a film

The Supernaturalist
The Supernaturalist
by Eoin Colfer

5.0 out of 5 stars FAB,FAB AND FAB!!!!, 24 Aug. 2004
This review is from: The Supernaturalist (Hardcover)
I've just finished reading this book(2 days!)and I absolutely adored it.
Mona is definitely my favouite though I like them all really!I really really hope there is a sequel to this it would make my day!
I always seem to go through Eoin Colfer's books really quickly and this one was no exception! With his books he draws you right into the story which is great.
My favouite district is Booshka and my least favourite is obviously Clarissa Fayne(Poor Cosmo!)I do quite like the supernaturalists base though but I feel Myshi are very slimy.
I am not going to reveal too much as it will spoil the story but i'll say this much: I think this book is probably best to have a 11+ on this because 10 might have been to young but it all depends on the type of book your children like and if they like to read(It's okay if your child doesn't like reading i'm sure she/he will love this!)
I hope you enjoy this book and I'm now going to try to get my mum to read it.So enjoy!

Sabriel
Sabriel
by Garth Nix

5.0 out of 5 stars Sabriel is fab!, 24 Aug. 2004
This review is from: Sabriel (Paperback)
The prelude is quite confusing but once you get over that this is a truly amazing book! Sabriel is living in a girls boarding school but suddenly she finds herself in The forbidden old kingdom searching for her farthers soul.Were will she find it? Will everything work out okay? Its up to you to read the book!
Someone MUST make this series (I'd be happy with just this book) into a film.I would gladly watch it tons of times!

Mister Monday (The Keys to the Kingdom, Book 1)
Mister Monday (The Keys to the Kingdom, Book 1)
by Garth Nix

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 24 Aug. 2004
This is a really good book with really good characters and also fab locations.I have already read Grim Ttuesday and trust me if you like this you will love number 2! At first there isn't much action but don't be put of as it soon speeds up with Arthur's possesion of the key.All in all its a fab book and I can't wait till number 3!

Page: 1 | 2