Profile for Speedy66 > Reviews

Content by Speedy66

Speedy66 "dave g" (sheppey)

The life I live not the life I chose: Part one
The life I live not the life I chose: Part one

4.0 out of 5 stars Good little read, 11 Mar. 2015
I was recommended this by somebody at work, I found it gave an insight into gang crime, while having an interesting story that kept me absorbed.

The life I live not the life I chose: part 2: leopards and their spots
The life I live not the life I chose: part 2: leopards and their spots

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth a look!, 11 Mar. 2015
This second part follows directly on from the first, the story really heats up! Gang crime and prison life, and several characters all with their own tragedies.

Transformers Prime Deluxe - Autobot Ratchet
Transformers Prime Deluxe - Autobot Ratchet
Offered by PHAZE 3

1.0 out of 5 stars Personally I feel like both he and I have been ripped off and ..., 17 Dec. 2014
Ordered as a present for my grandson, when it arrived I was appalled by how cheap and small it appeared for the price. My daughter says these size of toy are usually £15, but he will still "Love it". I sincerely hope so. Personally I feel like both he and I have been ripped off and I hope this review spares somebody else this experience.

Dynamix Ortho Athletic Suspensory Scrotal Support with Pouch Medium
Dynamix Ortho Athletic Suspensory Scrotal Support with Pouch Medium

5.0 out of 5 stars Good support, 18 Jun. 2014
These gave me efficient and comfortable support, and allowed a full range of movement after an operation in this area, enabling me to run and train not long after. Good value for money.

The Flashman Companion
The Flashman Companion

1.0 out of 5 stars Rip off, 17 Jun. 2014
This is awful, merely a collection of first chapters. How sad somebody chose to profit from our love of this great character, when this could (and should!) have been full of historical insights, and possibly a diary of Flashman's travels and adventures. Be great to see this done properly one day. This most certainly is not fit to be offered for sale.

Live From Beyond Hell / Above Heaven (2DVD+CD)
Live From Beyond Hell / Above Heaven (2DVD+CD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great band, great offering!, 1 Nov. 2012
This band have a sound all of their own. They have seamlessly fused metal with proper rock in some truly original but catchy songs. They deserve to be as huge here as they are in Europe and the States. The 1st DVD shows an entire concert in Copenhagen, the second DVD has assorted live footage and some behind the scenes material. The CD has a selection from the shows. Hope to see much more of them!

Everything Louder Than Everyone Else
Everything Louder Than Everyone Else

5.0 out of 5 stars Get this one!, 1 Nov. 2012
In my opinion this is easily the best live album by Motorhead. It is the complete concert, the sound and speed are perfect, which does not come across in many of their live offerings. The setlist is terrific. Definitely my "Desert Island Disc" if forced to choose from my Motorhead collection, which is almost complete.

ASICS Men's Gel Enduro 7 Trainer
ASICS Men's Gel Enduro 7 Trainer

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfort and excellent value, 16 Mar. 2012
Am now on my sixth pair of these in 3 years. I find they are comfortable, enduring and that they have contributed towards keeping me relatively injury free in this time, unlike more expensive types I've tried during this period. Would happily recommend them.

Garmin Forerunner 110 GPS Running Watch with Heart Rate Monitor - Grey/Red
Garmin Forerunner 110 GPS Running Watch with Heart Rate Monitor - Grey/Red
Offered by SuStuu

5.0 out of 5 stars forerunner 110, 6 Oct. 2010
I've just been for my first run with my new forerunner 110, and must say I'm tickled pink with it. Far less bulky than the forerunner 101 I've been using for the last 3 years, but with added heart rate monitor which proved true to all the gradients on a hilly run.
The connection to my computer was relatively simple and gave an impressive amount of feedback. The watch can be charged by usb or mains, handy for travelling. Money well spent!
18 month update: The watch is still working well, have experienced some minor frustrations with upgrades and Garmin connect not always being available, but in 208 runs in this period it's only failed to record 2,both my fault for not emptying the memory.As it's still going strong that's well under a pound a run, hope it carries on!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 13, 2010 1:10 AM BST

Motorhead - Overkill [2007] [DVD]
Motorhead - Overkill [2007] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Motörhead
Offered by Sound and Vision

1.0 out of 5 stars please don't buy this, 13 Feb. 2008
I thought I had bought a new release live dvd. This is a collection of old footage and interviews from people whose views amount to pants.There is not one interview with the current line up which strongly suggests they do not endorse this exercise.