Profile for Dave360 > Reviews

Content by Dave360

Dave360

Bocideal New 2X 3M Strong Tree Straps Hanging Straps Bandage Belt Hammock +2 Hook

1.0 out of 5 stars no use, 27 May 2015
Arrived with only one hook so not any use really

Road of Bones: The Siege of Kohima 1944 - The Epic Story of the Last Great Stand of Empire

5.0 out of 5 stars Informative, 19 May 2015
I am a keen reader of books about world war 2, in particular the Burma campaign. This is yet another well researched document covering the horrors of this episode in World history. I was particularly interested in the accounts from the Japanese, which i found thought provoking and ultimately sad. Well worth the read, and a constant reminder not to forget those who 'gave their today' for us.
Dwingate

eSecure 16 Piece Watch Repair Tool Kit Set Pin & Back Remover
eSecure 16 Piece Watch Repair Tool Kit Set Pin & Back Remover
Offered by DOMU Marketplace

3.0 out of 5 stars No Instructions, 26 Mar. 2014
It's ok but with no instructions provided it's anybody's guess as to how to use the various bits n bobs??

Hilka 84801400 500 cc Pro Craft Oil Suction Gun
Hilka 84801400 500 cc Pro Craft Oil Suction Gun
Offered by Hot UK Stuff

5.0 out of 5 stars Tool Box 'Must Have', 26 Mar. 2014
Bought this to help with transmission oil change in Mini Copper S (not much room underneath to work). Arrived promptly and 'feels' like good quality, solid build. Worked a treat pumping oil into gearbox so well impressed. Would have liked a longer plastic tube but doesn't stop me giving it 5 stars.

Outdoor Bright LED Solar Security Wireless Wall Light With Motion Detector - Perfect for Doorways and Entrances
Offered by Gizoo - Gadgets & Gifts

5.0 out of 5 stars Long Lasting, 13 Dec. 2013
I bought this in 2009 and installed it on the wall overlooking my patio. It has worked without a problem since then. It's been ideal for those evenings sat outside with a beer or two and a bbq. It gives out a pleasant subdued light, not too harsh. The reason I am writing this positive review so late (4 years!!)is because I intend replacing my 250W security light at the side of the house with a solar one and I had completely forgot where I bought the other one from! A quick search through my Amazon account and hey presto. I would recommend this one without hesitation.

On Secret Service East of Constantinople: The Plot to Bring Down the British Empire (Not A Series)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating, 10 Jan. 2013
I have read a number of books covering both this and associated topics. There is a wealth of historical detail, Mr Hopkirk's books always read like an adventure story. Always with an impartial view of events, I now look forward to reading some of the less well published information in the bibliography. As an avid student (albeit an elderly one) of this exciting period of British military and political activity, I thoroughly recommend this book to anybody with a similar taste for travel and history.

Audio Technica ATH-ANC3
Audio Technica ATH-ANC3

1.0 out of 5 stars Failed again!, 20 May 2011
This is the second set I have now after the first one failed after several hours use (a couple of long haul flights). The unit simply cuts out and then back on after a few seconds ( very annoying if you're watching a film). The supplier replaced the original unit without fuss or cost to me (well done). However I have just been on another long haul flight and this unit is having the same problem. I changed the battery straight away (as I did with the original), but twenty minutes later the same trouble manifests itself (switching itself on and off - very frustrating). I ended up just using the earphones without the 'noise cancelling' and had to put up with all the background noise (kinda defeats the object!). I am now looking for a new (different) set, which is a shame because when they were working they were very impressive.