Profile for Mr. A. Kaufman > Reviews

Content by Mr. A. Kaufman

Mr. A. Kaufman "andrewk1984" (Nottingham, UK)

Panasonic Lumix FS15 Digital Camera - Black (12.1MP, 5x Optical Zoom) 2.7 inch LCD

5.0 out of 5 stars An absolute gem!, 13 Oct. 2009
I researched digital cameras pretty heavily before I made the choice to buy this one, but I can honestly say I don't regret my decision one bit. Despite the fact that it boasts more megapixels than most other compacts in the same price range, it is probably the most user friendly cameras on the market. Added to all this, there is a sheer abundance of features that any more advanced user would appreciate, but these can all be bypassed for the novice. I can't really think of any negatives, so all round, it's two thumbs up!

Justified
Justified
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely outstanding, 3 Mar. 2003
This review is from: Justified (Audio CD)
When I first heard that Justin Timberlake was to launch a solo career, my first thoughts were 'Oh no, more recycled bubble gum pop that is forgotten as soon as it is conceived. The best we can hope for is a couple of snogs up to the standard of *Nsync's two best songs - Gone and Girlfriend'. However, it wasn't long before he was said to be working with The Neptunes and Timberland - the two cornerstones of American RnB/Hip Hop, and I started to think that it might produce something interesting, although I was still a little sceptic about the project. It wasn't until the VMAs 2002 that I realised that 'Mr JT' was about to drastically change his image and create an original and refreshing album, that would make him RnB's new favourite, as he strutted his Michael Jackson-esque moves on stage to 'Like I Love You'.
When I bought the album, I was pleasantly surprised that almost every single track is of such a standard that it would embarass almost every male RnB artists (Usher are you listening?). 'Señorita' opens the album, and sets the standard with the eclectic mix of its latino beat and Justin's soulful voice, as well as Pharrell's glorious production. After that, almost the entire album is full of a mix of classic RnB Tunes and meaningful ballads - 'Like I love You', 'What You Got', 'Take It From Here', 'Cry Me A River', to give but a few examples.
This album has shown that Pink is not the only person who can change their image, and everyone's opinion, and show them true selves. I would say this album is a must for anyone who likes music, and especially for people who are prejudiced against Justin Timberlake, as he has surely proven the doubters wrong. Well done Justin, I only hope you can top it with your next album.

Pulp Fiction [DVD] [1994]
Pulp Fiction [DVD] [1994]
Dvd ~ John Travolta
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Incredible!, 14 Oct. 2002
This review is from: Pulp Fiction [DVD] [1994] (DVD)
Have you ever seen a film that gets better every time you watch it? Have you ever seen a film that is both so far removed from everyday life and yet so close to it at the same moment? Have you ever seen a film that changes a generation of film makers and viewers? Well if you haven't, watch this, cos it's all of those. The script is incredibly intelligent, witty and insightful, let alone dramatic in its non-linear, no-choronological structure. Although this film may be "violent" (even though there's hardly any on screen violence), I do believe that if you consider yourself a fan of good, innovative, entertaining and enlightening cinema, then this film is a must, along with the like of A Clockwork Orange, The Godfather, and Goodfellas. By far the best film of the 90s, including the likes of Forrest Gump (which ironically beat it to most oscars it was nominated for) and The Shawshank Redemption. This film is a true masterpiece that only comes along once in a generation (even though Tarantino managed to do it twice in 3 years with this film and Resevoir Dogs). Please watch it.

Pain Is Love
Pain Is Love
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars My god - this album is phat!, 6 Jan. 2002
This review is from: Pain Is Love (Audio CD)
This is, hands down, one of the best albums in my collection. That my not sound much at first, but my collection also contains such classics as Dr Dre's 2001 and The Chronic and 2pac's All Eyez on Me. The reason why this album is so good is because Ja Rule manages to contrast his harsh, scratchy voice with soulful, tuneful melodies and fantastic singers to match, resulting in the perfect mix. Songs that stand out on the album are 'Always On Time' with Ashanti, 'Dial M for Murder', and of course, the incredibel 'Im Real' with J.Lo. This album should be in any hip hop fan's collection, as it is one of the best albums of 2001.

2001
2001

5.0 out of 5 stars This album is PHAT!, 16 May 2001
This review is from: 2001 (Audio CD)
I've had this album for ages now, but I still love it, that's why I want to review it. When I fist heard this album, I realised it was one of the only cd's that every single track is playable, and strong enough for release (apart from the interludes of course). For this reason, it was extremely difficult to choose a favourite track, but I would say it's between Let's Get High, The Next Episode and Bang Bang. So if you're thinking about buying this album, do! The beats are incredible and you won't get tired of it.