Profile for Livvi > Reviews

Practical Ethics
Practical Ethics
by Peter Singer

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 16 July 2012
This review is from: Practical Ethics (Paperback)
I thought this was a really good book. I study philosophy so read this as a bit of extra reading and found it really interesting because he covers a wide range of topics. BEWARE though, Peter Singer is a preference utilitarian and as such as quite a biased way of writing, that's why I've only given it four stars.

Turning The Tide (Choc Lit) (Little Spitmarsh Book 1)
Turning The Tide (Choc Lit) (Little Spitmarsh Book 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars Not that great, 17 Mar 2012
I usually love this kind of story but I was very disappointed with this book. The characters are just annoying and I found no desire to keep reading - in the end, I gave up. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Russell Hobbs Black Coffeemaker model 15215
Russell Hobbs Black Coffeemaker model 15215

1.0 out of 5 stars Not the same as the manufacturers description, 29 Jun 2011
The manufacturers description says that this machine comes with a grind function so you can grind actual coffee beans, as well as a blue LCD screen that lets you programme a timer on the machine so you can wake up to coffee. It actually doesn't have either of these functions so do not buy this machine if that's what you were hoping for. I think I'll send mine back.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 12, 2012 5:35 PM GMT

An Offer You Can't Refuse
An Offer You Can't Refuse
by Jill Mansell

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 4 Nov 2008
I really enjoy chic lit any way so I may be a little biased when saying this book is amazing but I've read a lot of chic lit and this comes virtually at the top of my list.
I recommend ths book to any one who enjoys reading about a good romance. If you like stories where boy meets girl, girl meets boy, their relationship grows; you'll love this book. The clever twist at the beginning makes the whole book exciting and it's really easy to relate to the main character as she is realistic and down to earth. It's the kind of story where you're willing the main characters to fall in love througout (though I won't spoil the ending!)
Any one wanting to read a romantic comedy novel need look no further. This book is 5/5 and I really recommend it!

This Lullaby
This Lullaby
by Sarah Dessen

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good, 3 July 2008
This review is from: This Lullaby (Paperback)
I loved This Lullaby from start to finish. Though I found Remy a little too aggresive at times, it's so easy to relate to her because Sarah Dessen paints such an amazing picture about her life. You're not just reading about her present situation with Dexter but about her past as well, about her dad etc and that's a part of the book that I really enjoyed.
Dexter is such an adorable character and you instantly love him to bits. It's such a good love story and I really recommend it to anyone, though I'd say it was probably a bit more of a girl's book.
Honestly, a fantastic read, especially if you like love stories.

Forever
Forever
by Judy Blume

2.0 out of 5 stars A bit too simplistic, 3 July 2008
This review is from: Forever (Paperback)
This book was alright. That's the best I can say about it. I read it from cover to cover relatively quickly but I don't think that has anything to do with the "captivating" story line, more to do with the fact that it is very short and very, very simply written.
The story line was okish but Katherine fell for Micheal much quicker than it would happen in normal life which made it seem pretty unrealistic. The explicit nature of the book was actually quite well written, as in it was quite realistic, though the characters were a bit flat and uninteresting.
I don't know, if you're looking for something to read really quickly then this book would be pretty good for you but otherwise I wouldn't recomend it, unless you want to learn more about the nature of sex. If that's the case then you'd probably find this book quite helpful actually. I still didn't really enjoy it.

Twilight: Twilight, Book 1 (Twilight Saga)
Twilight: Twilight, Book 1 (Twilight Saga)
by Stephenie Meyer

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 3 July 2008
I know the majority of people reviewing this book have said that it was incredible etc etc but I'm going to say it again because really, it truly is amazing.
I like a good love story as much as the next person but this was something else. Literally, you can't help falling in love with Edward. I'm not even joking when I say he's the perfect guy (aside form the fact that he's a vampire, I guess). If you like a little romance in a book then Twilight is perfect for you.
I've read all the classics like Pride and Prejudice etc and as much as I enjoyed them, after reading them once or twice that's enough for me. Twilight is the complete opposite. This may just be my personal opinion but I recon I could read it again and again and actually not get bored. Judging my everyone elses comments on here I don't think I'm alone in that opinion. New Moon and Eclipse are equally as good and I'm actually counting down the days until Breaking Dawn comes out.

To any one considering buying this book, I say just do it. It is amazingly good (I can't say it enough times) and if you don't enjoy it (you're probably a little crazy) then sell it on the Amazon Market Place. Honestly, this (along with the second and third) is my favourite book EVER!

City of Bones (Mortal Instruments): 1
City of Bones (Mortal Instruments): 1
by Cassandra Clare

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 3 July 2008
City of Bones is a really good book. It's got a great story line that you're drawn into right from the word go. However, the ending was actually really disappointing for me. Doesn't any one else find the brother/sister twist a little disturbing? I would recommend it to read because it is very good but in all honestness, I didn't like the ending at all.