ARRAY(0xb4860174)

Profile for J. Negus > Reviews

Content by J. Negus

J. Negus (England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Dry Mango Powder 100g | FREE U.K POST | AMCHOOR / AMCHUR POWDER, POWDERED MANGO, DRIED MANGO
Offered by Indiabazaar
Price: 1.64

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent service, 25 Mar 2014
. I have used product before and needed it for a recipe but can't find it in supermarkets. I needed it for a spicy beef recipe, I can't think of anything that could be used as a substitute. Also the product was a good size, Last time I bought it, it came in a huge pack that we ended up wasting as it had lost it's taste. it is often used in curry recipes too.

Wilde Winter Songbook
Wilde Winter Songbook
Price: 10.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A Beautiful Festive Album, 12 Nov 2013
This review is from: Wilde Winter Songbook (Audio CD)
Where do I start? I received this album yesterday and was going to wait till Dec 1st to play it as it is a Christmas album. Then I thought, no, I must play it so I can give Kim feed back and review it on here etc, good excuse!

Kim and her brother Ricky have spent the best part of the year writing this album. They are both as excited and enthusiastic about the record as us fans are. There are six covers of classic Christmas songs; 'Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree'(a song Kim sang with the late Mel Smith in 1987 for Comic Relief), 'Let It Snow', 'White Winter Hymnal', 'Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas', 'Winter Song' and 'Winter Wonderland'. and six brand new ones: 'Hope', 'Song For Beryl', 'Burn Gold(Silent Night)','Hey Mister Snowman', 'One' and 'New Life'. It is quite rare for people to write new Christmas songs these days so this is impressive.
Along with Kim and Ricky are Scarlett Wilde(Ricky's daughter), singing backing harmonies.
As I play this album, I can imagine my family around me and almost see decorated Christmas trees with all their lights.
It is a very special Christmas album,some of the songs very personal to Kim. I love it all but do have some personal favourites:
Song For Beryl is a song written by Kim and Ricky for a dear friend of her family, it is a sweet, touching song, mingled with slight sadness but still with a message of love.
Hope, features backing vocals by Kim's daughter Rose and another friend, it is a lovely song, beautifully sang by Kim and the two youngsters. I love hearing children and young people singing at Christmas, it just works so well.
New Life, so appropriate at Christmas when we celebrate the birth of the baby Jesus, this is especially written for unborn children but it's a song that will touch the heart of us all, parents or not I think. Winter Song is performed almost acapella style with just a touch of instrumental import. Marty Wilde joins them for White Winter Hymnal it is a cover a Fleet Foxes song, I love the Wilde's version so beautifully harmonised. We also are treated to Burn Gold(Silent Night), a pretty Christmas Ballard, featuring Hal Fowler(Kim's Husband)and ending with the classic Christmas carol, lovely.
They have given the covers their own touch too. Rick Astley is guest on 'Winter Wonderland', a real classic song and the version here wont disappoint. Also covered is 'Let It Snow', which just makes us dream we are sitting cosily round an open fire, without a care about the cold weather outside. The two closing tracks are upbeat, we have 'Hey Mister Snowman', a fun cherry song and 'Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree, this time with Nick Kershaw, I love the reference to Potters Bar at the start who remembers Kim's free performance on the train last Christmas! Lol.
This album should be in everyone's Christmas stocking this year!
Okay here is a link to kim's track by track account on her website
[...] hope link works).

Will You Love Me?: The story of my adopted daughter Lucy
Will You Love Me?: The story of my adopted daughter Lucy
by Cathy Glass
Price: 3.50

5.0 out of 5 stars A very touching and heart warming story, 30 Oct 2013
I love Cathy Glass bookd, I have read lots of them. Will You Love Me is a beautiful story. Lucy's Mum, Bonnie had a rotten start in life and you can see she loved her daughter but was struggling to parent her.
Cathy took Lucy in as a foster child to begin with and the whole family fell in love with her.
Lucy fits in so well in Cathy's family it's like she is meant to be there. It is lovely that Cathy addopted her and gave her a loving home that she deserved.

Smoke Rings EP
Smoke Rings EP
Offered by steelbreezeuk
Price: 9.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive, 13 Feb 2013
This review is from: Smoke Rings EP (Audio CD)
Being a fan of The Lightning Seeds, I wanted to also buy Ian Broudie's solo work. The title track is the best on here, being very catchy with meaningful lyrics, talking about how friends come and go throughout life. The other tracks are also good, There is a cover of the Dennis Wilson song; A Time To Live In Dreams, and two others called, Shifting Sands and Spinout. Very different to The Lightning Seeds, but as good. Don't know if it's me but Spinout sond a bit 60ish, a bit like Telstar.

Ready Or Not [CD 1]
Ready Or Not [CD 1]
Offered by 24hour2post
Price: 0.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Feel Good Song, 13 Feb 2013
This review is from: Ready Or Not [CD 1] (Audio CD)
I love The Lightning Seeds, Their feel good music, great melodies and excellent lyrics always put me in a good mood. This song should have been a bigger hit than it was, deserved to be a top 5 hit.

Under the Paw: Confessions of a Cat Man
Under the Paw: Confessions of a Cat Man
by Tom Cox

5.0 out of 5 stars Amusing, 13 Feb 2013
I am still reading it as I write the review but I am enjoying it very much. Tom talks about his cats and their antics. If you are a cat lover you will be familiar with all the goings on and the adventures, sad and happy the cats get into. I recomend this book.

Onion Goggles White
Onion Goggles White
Offered by Emporium Cookshop & Homewares
Price: 16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Cooking without tears, 13 Feb 2013
What a great idea, makes cutting onions so much more pleasurable, they really work! If babies can have tear free bath time then adults can have tear free cooking!!

Intelex Plush Microwavable Bagpuss
Intelex Plush Microwavable Bagpuss
Price: 11.95

5.0 out of 5 stars So relaxing, 13 Feb 2013
I remember bagpuss, This is fine for both adults and kids. Smells lovely and comforting and feels nice and warm. Bagpusses frindly face brings back memories of childhood.

Angry Birds Rectangular Lunch Bag
Angry Birds Rectangular Lunch Bag
Price: 7.96

5.0 out of 5 stars My son loves this, 28 Dec 2012
Bought this lunch bag for my son who is mad on Angry Birds. He is thrilled with it, it does what it says, and will be a hit with all fans of Angry Birds.

Gotta Get a Message to You: Tribute to the Bee Gees
Gotta Get a Message to You: Tribute to the Bee Gees
Offered by skyvo-direct
Price: 4.72

3.0 out of 5 stars Quite Good, 28 Dec 2012
I decided to purchase this cd because I liked The Lightning Seeds cover of the song To Love Somebody. I bought this as a someone who is not partically a fan of The Bee Gees but quite like some of their music. There are some good tracks on this cd, Steps version of Tragedy, which was a big hit is very good. Definatley good value.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3