Profile for Annalise > Reviews

Content by Annalise

Annalise (Scotland, UK)

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, yet effective., 6 Oct 2013
I'm quite glad I bought these brushes. I'd been pondering buying a set of decent brushes for a while however being unemployed I couldn't afford the likes of MAC, and so I settled on 'cheap' instead when I came across these. Although nowhere near MAC quality, I've found the brushes are effective at what they do. They hold the colour well, I haven't experienced any shedding and have had no issues when cleaning them.

Overall, if you're wanting a good 'starting out' makeup brush kit, these are good!

Mane 'n Tail Shampoo and Conditioner,
Mane 'n Tail Shampoo and Conditioner,

5.0 out of 5 stars Love at first rinse., 8 July 2013
I hate my hair. I hate how it sits, I hate how thin it is, I hate how I get gray hair (I'm only 18! Stop it!) and most of all I hate how it never feels soft. Granted, it never felt "rough", it just felt... unexplainable. (Yeah, it's always good to be at a loss for words in reviews. I'd be better at this sort of thing if I were to do my reviews through another medium. Interpretive dance, maybe?

I have only used this shampoo & conditioner about a week and it's definitely a lot better than the more high end shampoos & conditioners I have tried. No comments on the hair growth aspect yet as I'm skeptic of whether products could make that happen, however I will say that because of my hair looking softer/thicker it does also appear slightly longer. Whether that's because of the hair growth properties that YouTube Beauty Vloggers claim this has, I'm not sure. All I know is I will be repurchasing this, without a doubt.

I used to begrudge washing my hair because it would just look a mess anyway and now, shockingly, I can't wait to wash my hair. Yes, that potentially makes me sound trampy, but I like to think it showcases just how well this product can work for you.

For the record, my hair type is: coloured, fine, 2A (wavy swavy!) with the ends in a desperate need of a trim. I'm not sure how well it might fare for other hair types as I can only speak for myself, but at this price I'd recommend giving it a try anyway.

Also, not just for the women - I went on holiday for a week and left this at home having not tried it yet, came back and my dad had been using it and says it's the best shampoo/conditioner he's used. I jokingly mentioned the supposed hair growth properties and he is now hoping it's true, just so he could recreate his youth with his Harry Styles-ish hair.

2m MemoryCow USB Data Download Transfer Cable Lead For Canon EOS 1100D Digital Camera

4.0 out of 5 stars It's a cable and it transfers data. It works., 17 Jun 2013
On the same day that my Canon EOS 1100D arrived, my pup decided that would be the perfect time to start chewing cables again and chewed through the cable that came in the kit. Irritated with him, I then purchased this. It works well, it's longer than the one that came in the kit and while I don't use the cable for transferring the pictures to my computer, I do it use to tether my camera to the laptop. The length of it means I get a bit more 'freedom' when using it in this mode.

If you have plans of using tethering your camera to your computer, I'd give it a go.

Microsoft Cooling Base - Black
Microsoft Cooling Base - Black
Offered by LUDIBAY

3.0 out of 5 stars Cooled my laptop, until it died. RIP Cooling Base., 17 Jun 2013
So, for the short time I owned this it really did work for my laptop. It allowed me to be able to have Skype sessions while playing Civilization V instead of shutting down as it used too. And then, one day I went to use it - and it died. It just... stopped working.

So, I'd definitely rate the product okay. I was tempted to repurchase but I'm trying another cooling base at the moment. I've kept this one in the hopes I'll work out what's happened to it.

One thing I'd note while it was working is you can hear the fan, so don't expect silence as you're using it, however if you're in a busy environment it's hardly noticeable.

Powder Blush by NYX Cosmetics PB11 Taupe
Powder Blush by NYX Cosmetics PB11 Taupe
Offered by SECRETLY VAIN

5.0 out of 5 stars I have found the perfect contour., 17 Jun 2013
Taup-be, or not taup-be? (Cringe. Please, don't let me make any more puns. I'm awfully bad at them.)

This, my friends, is my favourite contour colour. I'm fairly pale at a Mac matched shade of 'NW15' (or NARS 'Mont Blanc') and I've tried many contour colours, some of the big favourites such as Benefit Hoola and yet I've never loved any of them as much as I do this. I've found it's not super pigmented, allowing me to build up to an ideal contour shade. Overall, I'd definitely repurchase this.

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer Fair 4g
Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer Fair 4g
Offered by Top-Withens

4.0 out of 5 stars Not very long Lasting Perfection., 17 Jun 2013
Don't let my title fool you - I do love this. I'm a bit of a beauty blog junkie and this is one of the most recommended concealers I've came across. For reference I'm an NW15 and I'd say this is a fairly good match for covering up my under eye circles. My only complaint for it is it seems to ware off pretty quickly even when I've set it, although I've noticed other people don't seem to have this problem. Overall, I'd definitely keep purchasing this.

L.A. Noire (Xbox 360)
L.A. Noire (Xbox 360)
Offered by Game Trade Online

5.0 out of 5 stars "Alas, poor Yorick, I knew him, Horatio.", 10 Mar 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: L.A. Noire (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
I will start this review by saying I've never been a gamer. Or, at least, I have played games but never considering gaming to be high in my priorities. I have previously played games like Grand Theft Auto on the Playstation 2 but I was never one for doing the missions, instead preferring to drive carefully around the streets of Vice City, stopping at all the traffic lights and sightseeing. Granted, I was 8 years old so I probably... most likely... definitely should not have been playing it at all. Alas, I have grown up in to a well adjusted adult and I assume that will be down to my obeying the traffic laws.

What does this have to do with L.A Noire you might be asking? Well, both nothing and a little bit. L.A Noire is made by Rockstar who are also behind the successful Grand Theft Auto franchise, except this time you are the law abiding protagonist Cole Phelps. My careful driving skill learned through GTA helps in this game solely because if you damage any part of the cities property or run people over you are penalised at the end of each case. I fully went in to this game not expecting to do any of the missions and just driving around like I did all those years ago and instead found myself engrossed in the storyline, not skipping anything and paying careful attention to everything said to me.

Graphically, the game is beautiful to look at. It's worth taking a few minutes just to drive around LA and seeing how the game tried to be as accurate as possible (with some limitations, of course.)

I read somewhere else that L.A Noire isn't a game you should get in to if you are new to gaming but I disagree. I found myself wanting to play more, to know more, not wanting to place the controller down for anything.

I'm not too sure I will play it again any time soon as the cases are still fresh on my mind, however I would recommend it to anyone who is interested in showing off their detective skills!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 17, 2013 1:30 PM BST