Profile for Otter_of_despair > Reviews

Otter_of_despair

1M High Quality SVGA VGA Male to Male Cable
1M High Quality SVGA VGA Male to Male Cable

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work, 29 Nov 2013
Too cheap to even work properly, got a seriously flickery picture when I tried to use it. Too cheap to bother to return and it now sits in my cable graveyard.

MINIX NEO G4 Android 4.0 Dual Core RK3066 DDR3 1GB RAM / 8GB ROM Google TV Box Mini XBMC flash Wi-Fi / IR Remote
Offered by Locoisle777

4.0 out of 5 stars Just about does the job, 29 Nov 2013
I wanted a cheap media player that I could install XBMC on and iPlayer/TVCatchup etc. I initially considered a Raspberry Pi but realised that wifi wasn't easily available which would have been inconvenient. After a bit of searching this seemed like the best alternative and I'm glad I bought it. It takes some getting used to as the unit really thinks it's a tablet meaning that even though you have an on screen cursor you have to think like you're using a tablet i.e. swiping to scroll and such like.

I've had a couple of issues with XBMC crashing but that's more to do with that being an open source platform that I've sideloaded I'd imagine. I also had an issue where iPlayer wouldn't update and I couldn't connect to the playstore but I did a factory reset and it's resolved that problem. Decent performance and relatively easy to use, a bargain for £38.

On Charlotte's Shoulders
On Charlotte's Shoulders
by Julie Monahan

5.0 out of 5 stars A real page turner!, 29 Nov 2013
I'm still reading the book but wanted to leave a review as soon as I could as I'm enjoying the book so much! Julie delightfully captures childhood and adolescent memories as we all do: a series of vignettes of remembered episodes placed in context by the people and places in them. The series of episodes weaves together a story of some sadness, loss and deprivation but a strong theme of love and family loyalty pervades all of the characters and the way they behave.

At times I have laughed out loud and at other have had a lump in my throat like few books manage to provoke. I've not enjoyed a book so much in a long time. I almost can't wait until my next commute to read a few more chapters!

Philips SHS8100/10 Earhook Headphones
Philips SHS8100/10 Earhook Headphones
Offered by Entrepôt électronique!

2.0 out of 5 stars Keep falling out!, 24 Sep 2010
I've had these headphones for a month now and have finally conceded defeat. Perhaps it's just that I have an oddly shaped lug hole but I can't get the things to stay in my ear. The sound quality is lovely if inserted properly and I suppose if I didn't actually want to move at all they would be perfect. As soon as I start walking within seconds one or other of them comes loose and the nice bass sound is replaced with a tinny one as the speaker is just being held onto your ear by the over-ear band. I've tried all three earpieces and whilst I finally alighted on the medium one as the closest fit this just gave false hope as I just get another few metres before they fall out again. I am going to take the plunge and get some headphones with a band that holds them on as I'm sick of this problem now!

I've given two stars as obviously some people don't have the problem I do and for them these would be perfect.