Profile for Scott > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Apollo 18mm tan leather watch strap with a stitched edge and a nubuck lining
Apollo 18mm tan leather watch strap with a stitched edge and a nubuck lining

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 30 Oct. 2014
Great value for money. Much nicer quality than you'd think (and compared to others I've bought).

StilGut "Talis" Wallet, Book Type Genuine Leather Case for Sony Xperia Z1 Compact, Black Nappa
Offered by StilGut

5.0 out of 5 stars This is slimmer and feels (and looks) much better quality. I'll report back in a few months ..., 30 Oct. 2014
I've bought two (really cheap) versions of this type before and they lasted a month or two. This is slimmer and feels (and looks) much better quality. I'll report back in a few months to see if it's lasted any longer than the cheap ones. One gripe, if hinge was 1 cm wider, I could fit more cards in the wallet and it would still close.

Also - be aware of magentic clasps. They can wipe your credit cards (did mine). I think this one is OK as the magnet fixes on the phone side, not the card site. Again I'll report back if they get wiped.

Update - I've now had this for over two months and there are ZERO signs of wear and the leather has got softer and so it closes so much easier. Also, I don't seem to have had any issues with magnet damage to my credit cards.

It is worth the extra cost over the cheaper ones.

MediaDevil Artisanphonics EB-01 Premium Wood Earphones with Built-in Microphone
MediaDevil Artisanphonics EB-01 Premium Wood Earphones with Built-in Microphone
Offered by MediaDevil

3.0 out of 5 stars Sound OK - But gllue the things properly please, 19 Jun. 2014
I've had these two months or so and today, the earbud came unstuck from the housing.

By definition, you push these firmly into your ear, and so there's quite a pull needed to remove them so the glue needs to be MUCH stronger.

I've had similar problems with other types, so these are no worse. And, it has to be said, it's an easy fix. It's just that you'd have thought they'd know this by now.

P.S They do sound good by the way and the mic works fine.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 19, 2014 5:04 PM BST

VicTsing USB 2.0 Magnetic Charging Charger Cable Power Adapter For Sony Xperia Z1 L39H Xperia Z Ultra XL39h-Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless - No, I mean it, 19 Jun. 2014
Unpacted, spend 10 minutes trying various methods of putting the phone down without the magnet disconnecting, failed, threw it away.

If you've ordered one, don't even uppack it.

Sony Xperia Z1 Compact SIM-Free Android Smartphone - Black
Sony Xperia Z1 Compact SIM-Free Android Smartphone - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not perfect., 19 Jun. 2014
The phone's small and fast - as has been said before. But I'm not blown away for a couple of reasons :-

1. Battery life. The main reason I bought this phone is because so many (including professional reviewers) said it was amazing. Well it's OK, but I don't think I'd ever get two days of normal (week day) use out of it. My last phone (a Motorola Razr Maxx) was much, much better and the thought of using Sat Nav without needing to plug it in is naive.

2. Software - I have to reboot the phone quite frequently to get a data connection (3g), get some bluetooth devices to work, get a wifi connection restarted. It's not awful, but this is a SONY phone. It's especially a pain when I suddenly need sat nav and there's a good phone signal, but data just doesn't work. I was expecting near perfection.

3. Battery life indicator = Random number generator.

Don't be too put off, it is a pretty good phone, but there's no additional quality over other brands and I have to say I was expecting one.

Terrapin - Sony Xperia Z1 Compact Low Profile Faux Leather Wallet/Folio Cover/Holster with Viewing Stand & Card Holder - Black
Offered by ClickJunkie

3.0 out of 5 stars Really Good, but credit cards seem to suffer - Magnetic Strip, 19 Jun. 2014
I've had this wallet for a month or so, but had to get rid. I've now damaged 4 credit cards with it. I think it's the magnets that keep the clasp shut. After a week or so my credit cards won't work in cash machines (chip and pin still works though).
Otherwise it's great for the money.

Bosch AM24U - AM23U - QF25494 Front AeroTwin Windscreen Flat Wiper Blades 24" + 22"

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality....at a price, 2 April 2014
These are genuine, quality and a direct replacement for the wipers on my 635d. But I still can't figure out why they're so expensive.

They got delivered quickly too.

18mm Morellato Genuine Oil Leather Padded Stitched Tan Watch Band Long-969
18mm Morellato Genuine Oil Leather Padded Stitched Tan Watch Band Long-969

4.0 out of 5 stars OK quality, but certainly large, 2 April 2014
I've gone from using the last hole to buckle my watch to almost the first one. Extra large it certainly is.

Quality is so so, some leather scuffed (around the buckle) after 2 days, but it feels and looks good quality apart from that.

Did take a good week to arrive though.

SainSonic Zodiac 904 Series 144Hz Rechargeable 3D Shutter Glasses for Acer/NEC/BenQ/eMachines/LG/Optoma/Vivitek 3D-Ready DLP Projectors*Black*
Offered by SainSonic Electronics UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the ones that came with the projector, 2 April 2014
These were so good and cheap I bought a second pair - they're better than the ones that came with my projector (viewsonic) as they kept losing their connection.

Did I mention they were cheap...

Dobble Card Game
Dobble Card Game

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, almost makes children tolerable, 14 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Dobble Card Game (Toy)
Very simple, snap type game which is fantastic both with alcohol and with children (please don't mix :) ).

You'd never believe such a simple game can actually be so difficult.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4