Profile for Wazza > Reviews

The Art of The Last of Us
The Art of The Last of Us
by Naughty Dog Studios

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, as expected!, 6 Mar 2014
Some really beautiful scenery in this book including pictures of Joel and Ellie I've pondered buying posters for but now feel no need. Just pre-ordered TLoU Poster Collection. Happy.

Suite Francaise
Suite Francaise
by Irène Némirovsky

5.0 out of 5 stars Still my favourite book of all time., 1 Dec 2013
This review is from: Suite Francaise (Paperback)
It was a long time since I read this book, but it stays with me because it made me think, laugh, cry, believe, hope, despair, fear - so many emotions, all delivered whilst unfolding the horrors of WW2 in France, honestly I felt like I was there. I will read this book again, and again.

I heard a film is coming out based on a part of this book - they better deliver perfection.

Nice Work
Nice Work
by David Lodge

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Book!, 1 Dec 2013
This review is from: Nice Work (Paperback)
This is one of my favourite books. The coming together of two very different successful people by governmental policy is perhaps the most hilarious of circumstances one could find themselves reading!
Please please read this book.

Deaf Sentence
Deaf Sentence
by David Lodge

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 1 Dec 2013
This review is from: Deaf Sentence (Paperback)
I'm deaf myself and I've been struggling to find a book out there that presents the subject of deafness with seriousness, but also reveals some of its embarrassments. Why would I want this? Well because I wanted to find a book I could wholeheartedly relate to, and as a deaf person myself, have a good laugh at the character's struggles.
This book isn't just about deafness though, it contains an awesome story too, delivered in true David Lodge fashion! Excellent book!

One Place After Another: Site-Specific Art and Locational Identity
One Place After Another: Site-Specific Art and Locational Identity
by Miwon Kwon

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 1 Dec 2013
Really good book. Miwon Kwon does well to engage with 21st century issues regarding our relationship to place and uses debates and site specific works to inform the subject.

(I didn't read the whole book though, only relevant chapters for my individual study)

Space and Place
Space and Place
by Yi-fu Tuan

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 22 Nov 2013
This review is from: Space and Place (Paperback)
Tuan does well to break down the many elements constituting our relationship to the world around us. I'm making a study on the human relationship to place, in particular the home. This book resonated well with what I hoped to read and raised some key points which have greatly developed my understanding of place.

Beyond: Two Souls (PS3)
Beyond: Two Souls (PS3)

5.0 out of 5 stars What a wonderful experience, 14 Oct 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
An incredible game with an incredibly immersive story, a story filled with unpredictable complexity which resonates well. Why is this good? Because it makes you think, not only of the characters in the story, but asks more fundamental questions, such as how this applies to yourself (as you are the one making the decisions), which of course is a good thing and also indicates the power this game has on it's consumer. Why this might be a bad thing? This temporary phase in my life is now overwhelmed by the sort the questions this game asks!

Of course, not all of us has the same experiences.

Large DURAGADGET Top-Loader Carry Case For Digital SLR Camera Compatible With Nikon Coolpix Models Inc D5100, D500, D3300, D3100, D300S, D600 AND D700 + BONUS Kit: 52mm UV Filter + USB Sync Cable + Cleaning Cloth Worth £14.99
Offered by GADGETPLUSUK

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent., 27 Sep 2013
Although I do find it a little cramped, it still does the job and hasn't broken yet! A decent product for the price you pay.

Sony Movie Studio HD: Platinum Suite 12 (PC)
Sony Movie Studio HD: Platinum Suite 12 (PC)
Offered by eoutlet-uk

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy!, 27 Sep 2013
I bought this mainly for the audio feature as I'm editing a lot of everyday sounds for a project. I give this product top rating because of the ability it gives you to manipulate and improve any kind of recording to suit your needs. Excellent piece.

WMA 2 X Professional Hair Cutting & Thinning Scissors Shears Hairdressing Set
WMA 2 X Professional Hair Cutting & Thinning Scissors Shears Hairdressing Set
Offered by Electro World

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent, 27 Sep 2013
I have no real complaints and for the price, this is a quality piece. I've given it four stars because the cutting scissors feel a little rough when I try to cut something, I feel uncertain at putting my trust in these scissors. A smoother cut would've obtained a 5/5 rating.

Page: 1 | 2