Profile for KP Nutts > Reviews

KP Nutts

TomTom LIVE Services 12 Months Pre-Paid Subscription Card
TomTom LIVE Services 12 Months Pre-Paid Subscription Card

3.0 out of 5 stars Card works, but instructions not clear, 25 May 2010
Having read some of the other reviews, it's clear others have also (as I did) had problems loading the prepaid card. You would think if you follow the instructions then everything would work. It doesn't.

I loaded mine on a Friday and was cheesed off when I got into the car on the following Monday and it didn't work. The seller from Amazon (not Amazon themselves)weren't able to offer any advice other than speak to Tom Tom, wow why didn't I think of that (sarcasm)!

On Tuesday I tried messing around with the device when I got into the car and got through some menu options (I think through HD Services), where it asks you to log onto your account. I think it was by me taking the risk and saying that I wanted to 'consider' buying another subscription. Anyway as soon as I logged onto my account it recognised that I had already bought the subscription and updated my device. Now it works fine (so far).

Surely other people have had the same problem and reported it to TomTom and then for them to give clearer instructions.

The product itself is fine though once you've got it working.

TomTom GO 950 LIVE Satellite Navigation System
TomTom GO 950 LIVE Satellite Navigation System

5.0 out of 5 stars Not perfect, but still v.good, 18 May 2010
Okay this is only one of a very few reviews that I've ever left. Felt it was important to balance off some of the negative reviews given so far on this product. Hence giving this a 5 star, whereas normally I would have given it 4 stars as the product is anything but perfect. So here goes:

It doesn't play through the FM receiver - So what. The volume is more than adequate.
It doesn't work as an MP3 - Fair complaint, but if you are really that interested in listening to MP3 or Ipods in the car then there's plenty of cheap alternative solutions.
It's expensive - I don't think so. I had the GO520 before this and I think it was a very similar price, if not more expensive. This is much cheaper than their previous version (910, 920, 930, 940) (I think!).
It takes it time to re-route - Okay fair cop, but come on just be patient; it will get there within 10 seconds rather than 5 seconds. Surely you can wait.
And the best rant (either on Amazon or other sites) so far is that the subscription service is costly. I really don't thinks so. If your commute takes you in or near London (or similar congested areas) then this little device 'should' save you time. Most of the time this will equal saving you fuel. Even if it doesn't save you too much fuel, it will certainly get you home to your loved ones earlier than if you didn't have the subscription. And for all those out there that think we should be getting this service for free, I'm sure that this will eventually happen, but in the meantime guess what - you can elect either not to pay for the subscription or get an inferior product.

I'm sure there are some real genuine complaints out there, and I'm sure that others have a much higher expectation than me for a SatNav, but for me this device does what it says on the tin!

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Effective, but not high quality, 27 Jan. 2010
For the price these are fine and they do work. If you want something of a higher quality then you have to pay that little bit extra (of course). For me these do the job.