Profile for tedmuir > Reviews

Hero - The Falcon of Malta: Life of George "Buzz" Beurling
Hero - The Falcon of Malta: Life of George "Buzz" Beurling
by Brian Nolan

5.0 out of 5 stars Hero .. The Falcon of Malta, 2 Mar 2014
My old uncle was telling me about his experiences in the R A F during the war, ( he was a pilot officer) and for a while he was based in Gibraltar where Buzz Beurling flew into on one occasion ..... so I did a little research and came across this book which was fascinating to read ..... I'd recommend it to anyone interested in real heroes !

The Art of Inlay: Design and Technique for Fine Woodworking
The Art of Inlay: Design and Technique for Fine Woodworking
by Larry Robinson
Price: 13.46

5.0 out of 5 stars Art of inlay, 2 Mar 2014
I bought this book the first time about twenty years ago when I was into pearl inlay work, so when I saw that it had been updated, I thought I'd buy this one too ... So if you haven't already got it, then go ahead, it's excellent, it's worth it just for the pictures !!

CruzTools GTJPT1 Jack and Pot Tool
CruzTools GTJPT1 Jack and Pot Tool
Price: 13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Cruz Tool, 2 Mar 2014
This is a great tool, does exactly what you'd expect it to do, well made, built to last and very reasonable price.

Best Of The Sugar Hill Years
Best Of The Sugar Hill Years
Price: 10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Reckless Kelly, 2 Mar 2014
I had heard of this band, but wasn't familiar with their stuff, I bought the album to learn one of their songs (Nobody's girl) but the rest of the album is superb too with its raw, rough edge to the performances .... great ... buy it.

Schaller Security Strap Locks - Nickel
Schaller Security Strap Locks - Nickel
Price: 9.86

5.0 out of 5 stars Schaller strap locks, 2 Mar 2014
I've been using these strap locks for over twenty years now on both acoustic and electric guitars, I have the nickel, chrome, black and gold and they're all superb and do a great job with no hassle.

Old Yellow Moon
Old Yellow Moon
Price: 6.43

5.0 out of 5 stars Old Yellow Moon, 2 Mar 2014
This review is from: Old Yellow Moon (Audio CD)
For those who are fans of these two top notch artists, like me, it's a no brainer ... great to see them "together again" ... performing a fine selection of songs that grow on you the more you hear them, I'm glad I bought the cd and you probably will be too.

Crossroads Guitar Festival 2013 [Blu-ray]
Crossroads Guitar Festival 2013 [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Eric Clapton
Offered by Fulfillment Express
Price: 17.40

4.0 out of 5 stars Crossroads 2013, 8 Jan 2014
This is the fourth in the series of EC's Crossroads videos and they are all excellent ! The format is pretty much the same on them all .... a bunch of the worlds top artists who all play guitar that EC admires, mostly blues influenced, but with an ample sprinkling of country, jazz, rock etc. covering acoustic and electric styles ..... with the proceeds going to Eric's drug rehabilitation centre "Crossroads" in Antigua.
This latest concert is in New York's Madison Square Gardens, the others having been in Dallas and Chicago (2) so if you like good guitar driven music in a large concert type venue with interviews and comments by a wide range of artists, you can't go wrong with this .... the only reason I gave it four stars and not five is, like most things that you become familiar with, the initial impact that the first couple generated wears off and you know more or less what to expect ..... buy it !!

Kinsman Guitarist's Dual-Stool
Kinsman Guitarist's Dual-Stool
Offered by Stompbox
Price: 34.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Guitarists stool, 12 Oct 2013
This is a great little piece of kit, it's easy to transport, it's the right height, has a useful guitar stand built in and is not expensive, so what's not to like?

HISTORY OF THE LEGENDARY GRETSCH 6120
HISTORY OF THE LEGENDARY GRETSCH 6120
by Edward Ball
Price: 29.11

5.0 out of 5 stars Gretsch 6120, 12 Oct 2013
Rather like the guitar, the book is classy, we'll put together, and worth every penny, I've had many Gretsches over the years including 6120s (I have one now) and like many Gretsch fans I've had many years of pleasure owning and playing them, although I must say, they have never been my favourite gigging guitar .... in my opinion, a Telecaster is the "go to" guitar, but it seems once a Gretsch fan always a Gretsch fan, so I suspect many Gretsch fans will have other books, and probably know pretty much everything there is in this book, but it is still worth buying because it is very informative, and has some glorious photos to drool over.

Ian Fleming's James Bond Omnibus: "Moonraker", "From Russia, with Love", "Dr No", "Goldfinger", "Thunderball", "On Her Majesty's Secret Service"
by Ian Fleming

5.0 out of 5 stars James Bond books, 12 Oct 2013
Back in the early sixties I first read Ian Fleming's James Bond books, and couldn't put them down, I was hooked, it was like being there, so when Dr No came out as a movie, although I enjoyed it, it wasn't as good as the book, and the films got more and more "spoofy" so they really were nothing like the books to me, and although after re visiting these books after such a long time was enjoyable, they understandably didn't have the impact that the first read gave, but if you haven't read the books, do so, you'll be in for a treat.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6