Profile for Narcisse > Reviews

Childbirth without Fear: The Principles and Practice of Natural Childbirth
Childbirth without Fear: The Principles and Practice of Natural Childbirth
by Grantly Dick-Read

4.0 out of 5 stars good book, difficult language, 26 Aug 2009
I bought this book while I was pregnant. It is very informing. Knowing what goes on while you are in labour makes one not to dare the birth. I was calm in my 58 hours labour as I knew what is going on and what is best for me and the baby. This is all because of this book that I found really useful.

The only downside is the language of the book is not easy to read, but this is worth trying as it is a treasure for a pregnant woman dreading the birth.

Fisher-Price Think Pink Bouncer
Fisher-Price Think Pink Bouncer

3.0 out of 5 stars Having it for my baby girl helped a lot but I wish it would rock on its own l, 4 April 2009
I have bought it as a gift to my friend who recently gave birth. It appeared very pretty, easy to assemble the new parents love it. But not yet baby. The baby keeps crying in it. And the music is not fantastic. I am preganant myself and I wouldn't buy this one. As you won't have hands free with this. You should keep rocking and it is pity that there is not different levels of vibrations. The one it has seems to be not enough for this baby.

This was the review I wrote on April.
In June I have had my own baby. So the same friends offered me this exact chair. They said that it is a great thing but not until your baby is at least 1 month old. And I do agree. But what a help it is! My girl would fall asleep in it. She is a colicky baby and it is a nightmare to put her in sleep. But this chair works! She loves to pull the flower music string at 2 months old. This makes her giggle.

I wish this chair would rock like Mamas and Papas one. But that one is too upright for a newborn. This chairs lying position is perfect. I had my baby even sleeping through night in it. It has smth abt vibrations that calms the baby in her moody days. Besides the covers are washable. So it is easy to clean up any accidents.

It is very lightweight. So even overtired mom can move it around the house, so baby can see her while she is busy cooking, ironing, cleaning or even taking a shower!

I say it is a must buy! But don't get upset if your newborn doesn't like it straight away. Your baby might need a little time to appreciate it.

Page: 1 | 2