Profile for Sam Holman > Reviews

Content by Sam Holman

Sam Holman

Awakened: Number 8 in series (House of Night)
Awakened: Number 8 in series (House of Night)
by Kristin Cast

3.0 out of 5 stars Still a good book, but not the book I was hoping for..., 15 Aug 2012
This is still a good book, but before i read it I kind of had another idea of how the story would go, so I found it disappointing. But I'm biased on this.

Burned: Number 7 in series (House of Night)
Burned: Number 7 in series (House of Night)
by Kristin Cast

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book in the series, 15 Aug 2012
I really enjoy all these books, but this one is definitely my favourite so far. I feel the first six books are really fun and enjoyable, with the thing that occasionally makes them stand out for me that there are twists that you don't expect. Like some of the other reviewers by the point of this, the 7th book, I'm also finding Zoey to not be the character I'm looking forward to hearing about (Also the love triangle stuff, as has already been said, is infuriating!). The reason I keep reading is because of all the sides characters, which especially in this book start to take the real spotlight with over half the book being written from the point of view of Characters like Stevie Rae, Rephiam, and Aphrodite. Their stories I feel really lift this book in to a new level from the previous ones, and make you really care what happens to them. By the end of the book I just wanted to forget about the main story of Kalona, Neferet, and Zoey, and go off in some different direction, which I'm not entirely sure I could put in to words, but will always feel in my heart.

Shoe Goo - Shoe Repair Adhesive - Clear
Shoe Goo - Shoe Repair Adhesive - Clear
Offered by GLUES'N'HARDWARE
Price: 10.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good!, 15 Aug 2012
So far I have used this stuff (very messy) to fix walking boots which had the soles half falling off. I honestly didn't believe it would be possible to repair them, but thought I'd give it a go. So far they are holding together really well, but may need to update if I do serious walking in them to see if they hold up. Also used to fix trainers where the soles break from the top of the shoe. I've fixed the same pair twice like this and although it doesn't seem to last forever, it definitely gives trainers a lot longer life as you can keep repairing them. If you really like things to look perfect you may not like this product as it's quite obvious when you have ShoeGoe on your shoes if you look closely, but not if you're just walking around etc. All in all very good, even if it doesn't work forever, does more than I was hoping.

PRO MARK GROOVE JUICE CLEANER Cymbals Cymbal accessories
PRO MARK GROOVE JUICE CLEANER Cymbals Cymbal accessories
Offered by PJS Music
Price: 7.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good product!, 15 Aug 2012
Bought this to clean both the cymbals on my kit (Fairly clean) and some I had been given (very dirty + masking tape stuck all over). Did a really good Job on the Cymbals for my kit and even on the very dirty ones, with 90% of the dirt coming off. However didn't work very well on the masking tape which was stuck on and still is. Also worked really well to clean some of the rust off an old circular saw blade that I use as ride cymbal type thing (Really nice, but obviously slightly dangerous!!) Overall works really well, did leave some slight discoloring, but this could possibly be avoided if done more carefully (I was quite tired after cleaning 10 cymbals).

Elacin ER20S musicians & gig hearing protection in new rubber pouch
Elacin ER20S musicians & gig hearing protection in new rubber pouch
Offered by Hearforlife
Price: 8.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Works really well!, 15 Aug 2012
I'm a fairly new drummer, and bought these to protect my ears from excessive sound. So far they work really well. Easy to use (Even though the instructions make it sound complicated)and my ears feel great after playing!

The Devil's Footprints
The Devil's Footprints
by John Burnside
Price: 7.80

5.0 out of 5 stars The Devils Footprints, 8 Jan 2010
This review is from: The Devil's Footprints (Paperback)
I started reading this book because my dad had taken it out of the library to read himself, and just happened to show me a particular page that he thought I might find interesting. After having read the part he was showing me, I spent the rest of the day reading it. After having read it I bought it. The book is poetic in the deepest sense of the word, and seems to be narrated on the most part from a view lying below the normal reality of life. The plot is interesting-though slightly wierd in places-and left me with a feeling somewhere between sadness and longing.
It also woke up a feeling in me that inspired me to write. A good book to read if you've forgotten who you are, and are lost in a life you're not sure why you're living.